Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Red Cork
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70

Why not a normal broom to clean stables?

I'm not sure if it's been brought up. I noticed that many of the materials and items needed for choco raising require some pretty high end items. The current selling price of a magicked broom, on my server, is going for about the same price as the stable itself. It seems a bit odd that it would cost that much money just for a basic function. I would think there should be a recipe for a normal broom, using some straw and a branch, and I don't see how a fancy magicked item is required to clean up chocobo droppings. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I'm curious as to the logic in this design choice.
    (22)
    Last edited by DarkDedede; 07-31-2014 at 01:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Agreed and someone from our fc who purchased one said it dissapeared from her inventory once used. Is it a one time use item i wonder?
    (1)

Player

yeah I just bought a broom for 130k and its a one time use........
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Brady Phelan
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Seems like we should just be destroying and replacing dirty stables...
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Abyss King
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    Agreed and someone from our fc who purchased one said it dissapeared from her inventory once used. Is it a one time use item i wonder?
    Hi there ^^

Yes it's a one-time item. When you craft this item, there is a number 20 over it, telling you when you will have succeed in crafting it (no need for HQ so collecting mats is the hardest part) You will have 20 Brooms.

Now I don't know if your stable will be more dirty by the amount of chocobo in place and how many times you train them, but yeah, stables are a costly investment, for the low XP that it gives.

I will stick to my Companion bonus xp from the challenge log (180 000 xp per week for rank 9, so rank 10 in about 2 weeks) compared to 9600 xp from a krakka. (Still, it replaces about 45 mobs killed at 213 xp each if you are alone, and the stable isnt into the best condition.)

I hope other vegetables will give better xp, as well of course as putting from your FC the Chocobo bonus %

The XP can be done once per hour, so all in all it might be good, and others can use their own vegetable to train yours at the same time, so it can go fast.

Plus this plume barding mewants! I spend my veggies on others at the moment to get it

Preparing myself for the Thavnarian Onion..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphima Cyngosa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Also curious why they made a casual new addition to housing become such a grind that cannot be realistically kept up with, why not just have a crafted permanent broom.
    Most FCs will just remove stables at this rate
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Meru Maru
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Your stable quality and your choco's level are the only factors for xp from training. Patch notes said the feed type doesn't affect xp.

As for cleaning the stables, it took what, 3 days for stables to go from Fair to Poor, so a 20-stack of brooms would last 2 months? It's not atrocious considering all you need is two plots in your garden every 2 months to accomodate that, 4 if you decide to intercross them for seeds.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Yeah - I've just made the same calculation in another thread about this - stack of 20 brooms will last about 2 to 2.5 months so it's not that bad. It also seems to not depend on amount of chocos stabled or amount of trainings performed. So not that bad in the end. You should actually worry more about securing the advanced food which might require multichain intercrossing to be able to brake the lvl 10 barier.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Red Cork
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    I suppose we'll just see how long this design decision lasts. In my opinion sweeping up your stable should not be a luxury for those that have the resources and time to make or buy brooms. I'm sure a good number of people in FCs won't be interested in gardening for the entire group or paying 100k for a broom that only lasts 3 days.

At the very least, they should have incorporated different ranks of brooms. If you want to jump through all the hoops to get the highest of the highest end stuff, that's on you. However, when that's the only available option, for such a menial task, there's going to be an issue. Honestly, I think the whole stable condition system is rather pointless, anyways. This is sweeping up a stable, not raiding and end game dungeon. Imagine they implemented the same system for your house or armor? If people had to garden materials to just maintain your armor to good condition, there would be a riot.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    My chocobo is currently living in his own filth, and I just can't justify buying another stable or doing the magicked broom grind.
    (4)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast