Player
    Character
    Felgo Donnerherz
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    [..] It's never an outrageos price. And, I don't have to worry about giving another player my gear to fix.
    At release of 1.x we had to had leather patches and other mats to repair, later on we got the now known dark matter. The NPC's to that time repaired max 99% for an outragous price. This has to be known first.

Atm SE has lowered the repair and dark matter costs significantly just after release of ARR because the hasting majority wasn't able to earn money and the haven't been willing to earn money, dungeons mostly have been the top priority. But shortly after the rush they realized that FFXIV ARR isn't exactly the game they played before, be it WoW or LotrO or GW ...

Back in Beta we have been able to gather dark matter, so any repair would only had one cost... time.
    (0)
    I like Random-Number-Generator
    'cause I'm able to accept that
    a dice normally has six sides
    a pyramid has 5 sides
    a toast has 2 sides
    AND I CAN'T PREDICT WHICH SIDES IT FALLS TO.

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Feilina View Post
    Back in Beta we have been able to gather dark matter, so any repair would only had one cost... time.
    I'd like to see that re-introduced, possibly with some of the improvements suggested above (only one dark matter, having matters stored in the shards tab, not needing to change to craft class to repair, being able to accept / perform repair requests for other player).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Felgo Donnerherz
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Those 5 grades are good, and might remain. If we get a little personal basar just like the one in the past would do it.
    And repairing is crafting and should remain crafting.

What I try to say is, don't let us ease all and everything. A bit of complexity can't be bad. Just look how many people whish back the crafting (or parts of) we had in 1.0/1.x
    (0)
    I like Random-Number-Generator
    'cause I'm able to accept that
    a dice normally has six sides
    a pyramid has 5 sides
    a toast has 2 sides
    AND I CAN'T PREDICT WHICH SIDES IT FALLS TO.

Player
    Character
    Deadzone Night
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 16
    Quote Originally Posted by HEC View Post
    And - indeed it would be nice not to be foreced to swap arround crafting classes to do the repairs but once you get into habit doing your own repairs it's not that much of hassle anymore and it's considerable saving too.
    Even when you get used to it. It is still a Hassle. Especially if you swap classes alot, seend doing so rearranges all you equips in the armory chest.

Its definately a savings though, since a buy them with GC seals. Actually dont have any other use for seals.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Daq Kiri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by HEC View Post
    And - indeed it would be nice not to be foreced to swap arround crafting classes to do the repairs but once you get into habit doing your own repairs it's not that much of hassle anymore and it's considerable saving too.
    This here is actually the only issue I have with the repair system, Having all DoH at 50, it's still a annoying having to change to 4-5 different crafting classes just to repair all my equipped gear. If I could do it from my current DoW/DoM just for having the requisite DoH at 50, I'd repair my own gear all the time, I have np keeping a stack of Grade 5 Dark Matter in a far off corner of my pouch. And it would easily be cheaper than going to the NPC.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leih Desahdi
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    My only problem with the repair system is that you can't request other people repair your stuff like you can request melds.

Seriously why is that not a function it should be a function that would be so good.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Your Character
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    This is stupid. Don't remove repair. So what if it doesn't save *that much gil* vs going to a mender npc? You don't take something out of the game because it's NOT gamebreaking. That'd be like saying "Oh, we should remove auto-attacks from the game because they don't do a lot of damage."

It doesn't hurt you that players with crafts levelled can fix their gear cheaper than others.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Repairing isn't even a gil sink though. You get dark matter for free from your GC. Just do some FATEs or sell some green/pink dungeon gear and BAM! 99 of every tier Dark Matter. The only gil sink is having an NPC repair, and that's dirt cheap.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nanabi Nabi
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 50
    Allow repairing to be done outside of the class required to repair it (you just need to have the class at the appropriate level and the tools required to use its abilities), allowing repairs to be done during dungeons.
    Remove the need for Dark Matter entirely and swap out the main skill bar for the appropriate repair class bar and repair the item (in the same way you'd make an item).
    Boom, repair system is now a viable thing that can stay in the game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Essie L'caelum
    World
    Unicorn
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Yeah unless I can't afford the repair fee or player repairing gives more benefits (like durability would drop much slower or so) I think I won't try to find a player to do this for me =/
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast