Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player

I can't believe I just read I need to be a "resident of the US or Canada (excluding Quebec)" to receive a... virtual prize.

I can't hide this cringe in my face even if I punch a hole to another universe and put my head under a pillow there.
    (1)
    "Absurdity is the only reality."
    ~Frank Zappa

Player
    Character
    Kamelia Aegis
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by JellalFernandez View Post
    I think you didn't read. It said per person, not per square enix account
    FFXI has the same rule and it never accepted my entries. I know this because there were participation prizes that were distributed to the moghouse. My wife would get the participation prize and I wouldn't. They just ignore the second entries.

Think it would be okay to put both entries on 1 post? With the words FINAL FANTASY XIV1 and FINAL FANTASY XIV2 (which is what they call each service account.) SE, I would really love to know where I stand here, I would really like to enter this contest along with my wife but we're both under 1 Security Token/Square Enix Account and we each pay for our own subscriptions, so it is 2 separate people under 1 SE account.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Cegiana View Post
    FFXI has the same rule and it never accepted my entries. I know this because there were participation prizes that were distributed to the moghouse. My wife would get the participation prize and I wouldn't. They just ignore the second entries.

Think it would be okay to put both entries on 1 post? With the words FINAL FANTASY XIV1 and FINAL FANTASY XIV2 (which is what they call each service account.) SE, I would really love to know where I stand here, I would really like to enter this contest along with my wife but we're both under 1 Security Token/Square Enix Account and we each pay for our own subscriptions, so it is 2 separate people under 1 SE account.
    Trouble is, everyone could easily lie and say that each character is a different person.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cardinal Copia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Do all characters on the account get the prize or just the character you specify in your entry?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Daggo Tigertooth
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Just another game for forum gamers...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vali Bergthora
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    So let me get this straight.

I'm in Quebec, so I can't participate in the screenshot contest.
    I'm in Quebec, so I can't participate in the haiku contest.

Really? You couldn't just make the contests global? They're VIRTUAL REWARDS, they have no monetary values whatsoever, and they're not lotteries. How can international laws in any way figure into this?

This is incredibly unfair to those of us who wanted to partake but can't due to being geographically poorly placed according to your rules. The worst part is that each region gets a different contest! Why can't EU players be creative with screenshots too? Why can't NA players write short poetry?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Atamos Vesperae
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    I feel you my friend, I'm also from Quebec, come on Square Enix let us participate !
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vash Auldwin
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 43
    I entered the screenshot contest and my picture link is now broken. This sucks because I spent some serious time and gil trying to get the look just right. Minus the gloves I think I nailed the look of the NPC but now nobody will get the chance to see it. Sad times.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vaen Tribal
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 82
    Thanks to everyone who liked my entry! That made me smile

Here are some b-sides that I ended up not using:

My friend's IM got in the way of that screenshot. D'OH!!

I took about a billion screenshots with these lovely La Noscean dancers. It was hard to snap my emotes, all the NPCs, and my minion at the rare moments when they all lined up nicely @_@ But it was also a lot of fun! I'm glad lots of people ended up using this location for the contest, cuz I love it.

I really like how the Roegadyn and Hyur in the foreground frame the shot. But you can't see my matching sandals or my bomb earring that was supposed to compliment my minion! Eorzean photography sure is hard.
    (2)
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1524546/

Player
    Character
    P'rido Jinh
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Haha! Vaen, you have some great shots! I'm glad you went with the one you did though. It definitely feels the strongest of the four!

Blade-- After checking, I can still see your entry. So, I'm not sure what's going on or if it's on your end. Either way, if there is issue, I'd re-upload your submission using their instructions for Lodestone blogs. It's in the second post on the first page of the submission thread. I hope that helps!
    (1)

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast