Player
    Character
    Solenne Lagarde
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysidiel View Post
    I would really like them before Maint, because that means I can name change without having to deal with losing access to my character until congestion blows over - because whenever you try to name change when the queue is over an arbitrary amount, the game won't let you name change, and you can't log in until you do.
    What a headache! I've never tried to fantasia or name change during a new expansion release before. This is good to know, although it's really frustrating.

Honestly, by waiting this long to release such vital information for new race character creation, I think the devs are being really discourteous.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sapphos Camoa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeritous View Post
    So uh, this is getting pretty uncomfortably worrisome... <_<
    At this point I'd just like some sort of contact
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Solenne Lagarde
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphos View Post
    At this point I'd just like some sort of contact
    Right? This seems really rude. They're acting like it's not even a Thing they need to be doing. They've never mentioned it in relation to this expansion. But we're getting a daily art countdown, spiffy. Priorities.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Midi Ajihri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Solenne View Post
    Right? This seems really rude. They're acting like it's not even a Thing they need to be doing. They've never mentioned it in relation to this expansion. But we're getting a daily art countdown, spiffy. Priorities.
    As stated by others previously, the au ra naming conventions came out during the maintenance the day before early release for Heavensward and I don’t see how this will be any different or why SE NEEDS to tell us beforehand when it is coming out.

If there’s nothing by the time the servers are live then we can break out the torches and pitchforks, but until then we should just be patient.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Solenne View Post
    What a headache! I've never tried to fantasia or name change during a new expansion release before. This is good to know, although it's really frustrating.

Honestly, by waiting this long to release such vital information for new race character creation, I think the devs are being really discourteous.
    I mean, you'll have the name generator right there on the character screen you can dice your way into various names.
    But I suspect they'll be out while the game is down.
    (1)

http://king.canadane.com

6. 06-26-2019 07:23 AM

7. 06-26-2019 07:26 AM
    Reason
    Redundant - already covered by others :)

Player
    Character
    Ashe Zahra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Are people really this big of apologists over literally anything? "It's an unfair advantage for name securing" are you serious. The fact this game uses both first and last names should seriously render this issue completely moot. Even with xaela it's only an issue because Tribal names and Mongolian names are both such short lists.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Keaira Azelas
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallaresi View Post
    The naming conventions are not forgotten. In order to keep fairness in naming matters they'll only release said information during patch day. Of course it is an inconvenience for some, but it's the only way to prevent securing lore-adequate-names beforehand.
    Well maybe they should fix that issue where you literally can't change your name while your login queue is congested, then.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Solenne Lagarde
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallaresi View Post
    The naming conventions are not forgotten. In order to keep fairness in naming matters they'll only release said information during patch day. Of course it is an inconvenience for some, but it's the only way to prevent securing lore-adequate-names beforehand.
    "Fairness in naming matters?" I'm confused how fairness comes into it?

And the people who are saying we don't need to know before the patch, have you read some of the earlier posts? Some of us have existing characters we want to name change. Trying to do so within the first few days of early access, or possibly even within the first week, could end up locking us out of our characters. Considering how hyped some of us are for the new races, that's a while to wait before we get to enjoy that aspect of the expansion. So there's actually a legitimate reason why some of us want to know the conventions before the servers go down for maint.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    K'rina Sato
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    There are several legitimate reasons to want the naming conventions you know, BEFORE, maintenance. Naming fairness has nothing to do with it. Literally the ONLY time I was unable to pick a name was because I wanted to play around with the idea of a Roe named River Song, and the name had been taken. If you're sticking to lore style names then the fact we have a first and last name makes the idea of someone stealing a name absurd.

What's going to be unfair is the congestion the people who really a super hyped about it are going to experience as everyone not only scrambles to race change, but name change, AND log in all at the same time. I feel for those changing their mains for that reason. Really I do. I only want to create an alt and get her reasonably ready while the Monk lvl boost is on sale as I'm pretty sure that will end with maint, and I'M getting antsy about it.

So yeah, Square needs to light a fire under the chair of the guy in charge of this. I know it's not exactly a minor thing but c'mon... you've had literal years to develop the lore by now. Sorting out the naming conventions and getting them to us in a timely manner should not be so difficult.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Mansion Viscera
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    You don't need to fantasia / change your name on launch day.
    The devs need to allocate every resource and time to tackle potential last minute trouble to enable a smooth launch.

Not trying to throw oil on the fire but I guess in boils down to this. Priorities. And you still have tomorrow which would be the logical timing based on Heavensward .

(The Lore forum is a peaceful haven in these troubled times of entitled players salting around all over the forum, let's keep calm here too haha)
    (7)

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast