I've been trying to get my obligatory Delve win so I can do the 300 Pluton quest to upgrade my Spharai. My Monk doesn't have Oatixurs, the item you get from Delve that you need to get into a party to take on Delve, so I can't use that. I've been getting in a few Delve shouts as White Mage, but the WHM role always seems to fill up pretty quickly. I have Bard, but leaders seem to lose interest when I tell them I can only do the standard 2 songs.

Scholars though... that always seems to be the role that takes the most time to fill. I'm thinking I should level Scholar. I have it at 50 right now (as WHM sub and also because a while back I decided I wanted all the AF sets). So maybe it's not a hugely difficult thing to get it up to 99.

So what do you guys do in Delve that makes you such a requirement? I don't really understand the job all that much, so I really have trouble understanding the indispensable and unique role it plays. I think I heard something about a quicker Stun? But there's also Enbrava, right?