Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Longbow
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Invisible Sturdy Pyxis

lately I have noticed that sometimes Sturdy Pyxis are not visible after killing a mob. I get a message about the mob concealing a Sturdy Pyxis but dont see it until i run away from the area it droped and then returning.

This does not happen to all the ones that drop just a few per run, maybe 3 out of every 10. I checked my system files and ran anti virus but found no problems on my end.

What could be causing this to happen?
    (0)

Zone is at cap of boxes, but wont display any boxes for you because there are no placeholders left.
    (0)

I didn't sit on top of a tree for 6 years to get out damaged by a bunch of weapons that take a week or less to finish.

Hello Longbow71!

Thank you for your report, about this matter. We need some additional information from you, so if you could fill out our report form, that would be great!

Thread Title:
    Short outline explaining what sort of issue you are experiencing.

Platform:
    Specify which platform was in use to play the game.(“PlayStation2”, Windows, and/or Xbox 360)

ISP:
    Name of ISP you use to connect to the Internet.

Type of Internet Connection:
    Specify the type of connection. (dial-up, DSL, CATV, Optic Fiber, Other)

Internet Connection Speed:
    Specify the speed of internet connection. (Example: 768Kbit/s, 5Mbit/s)

Date & Time:
    Date and time of when the issue occurred. Please be sure to state the time zone of your region. (Example: Pacific Time = PST/PDT)

Frequency:
    State how frequently the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
    1. Always
    2. Sometimes
    3. Once (did not reproduce)
    4. Unknown

Character Name:
    Which character did the issue occur with?

Race:
    Race of your character when the issue occurred.
    (Hume M, Hume F, ElvaanM, ElvaanF, TarutaruM, TarutaruF, Galka, Mithra)

World:
    World where the issue occurred.

Main Job:
    Main job and level of your character when the issue occurred.

Support Job:
    Support job of your character when the issue occurred.

Area and Coordinates:
    Area and map coordinates where the issue occurred.

Party or Solo:
    If you were solo when the issue occurred, please write “Solo”. If you were in a party, please write “Party”. With alliance, please write “Alliance.”
    *If you wrote “Party” or “Alliance”, please also include the number of members.

NPC Name:
    Name of NPC that your character was interacting with when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not interacting with any NPC, then please write “None”.

Monster Name:
    Name of monster that your character was battling against when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not battling against any monster, then please write “None”.

Steps:
    Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.
    *Please try to include the following details.
    •What you were doing when the issue occurred. (Example: Battle, mission, quest, crafting, synthesis, etc.)
    •Please do your best to write using official terms for item names and skill/ability names. Please avoid any abbreviations or improper terms.
    •If you were using macro commands when the issue occurred, please include the details of the command.
    •In case the error message appeared when the issue occurred, please include what the message said.

Thanks again!

-Senior Game Master Jhanaka
    (0)

I've had this happen rarely too, most players don't notice cause they simply think a box didnt appear.

My sister often uses my other PC next to me and I can see a box drop on my screen but not on hers or vice versa, moving out of range and back in makes it reload and show up. It also happens on npcs/maws etc on occasion, moving out of range and back makes them load as normal.

Zone is at cap of boxes, but wont display any boxes for you because there are no placeholders left.
    This is wrong cause the box loads on other screen and reloads if you move out of range and back in.
    (0)

Character
    Vxsote
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    This is wrong cause the box loads on other screen and reloads if you move out of range and back in.
    I concur. I have had this happen a number of times (most recently last night, but I don't recall which zone) where after killing a mob, the chat log says that the monster was concealing a treasure chest, but it is not visible to either me or one of the other members of my party, but IS visible to the rest of us. I play on PC.
    (0)

Character
    Longbow
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    windows vista service pack 2
    comcast high speed dsl 100 mbps
    8 march 2011 (I dont remember the time) est
    somtimes would happen
    character longbow hume
    on sylph
    bst/dnc
    abyssea - attowa
    in party and solo
    chasm coeurls and cocktrices
    I would use weapon skills like evisceration when dagger was main weapon and sometimes rampage with axe in main and after deafeating cocktirces and coeurls in abyssea attowa I would get a message that the enemies were concealing a chest but none would be visible until I ran back out of visual spawn range and then imediatly returning to the spot I killed the target and the chest would then be visible.

this happens on some chests however it happens everytime im in this zone. the chests were blue, red and (gold small and large boxes). the commands I was issuing were from the command menu not in macro form. I didnt notice this in other zones yet, if I do in future I will post it here.
    (0)

think it's a clipping issue with the graphics engine--like the boxes load as NPC's or something (like magian trial log) and it clips it if too many objects are in your view or something. I have it happen sometimes with my Avatars during fell cleave and things like Campaign and Beseiged--the entity doesn't render, but it's glow will still be there.

Raist
    (0)

Character
    Kimikiki
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    That's possibly true, considering the chance of the random pyxis being a mimic (also maybe why you can actually cast on them with anything).
    (0)
    Kimiko - Siren
    /panic motion - http://www.panicmotion.net

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    This happens a lot to me as well. It's just like an NPC not loading though (which also happens occasionally). You have to move way out of range and then back in and they will load. I think it's a byproduct of loading a lot of NPCs at once.
    (0)

Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    This happens to me, usually i'm fighting the kitties in Abyssea - Altepa, have tried running out and coming back but chest still doesn't appear. It states it dropped but no chest appears. Remember it happing with Hillcock Murex in Abyssea - Gauberg also but not as much. I've had many maws and confluxes disappear and usually you just run away and come back and there it is. I'm always soloing.

I file it in quirky folder, like the mobs who never disappear after death in dyna jeuno just pile up in front of ah or the ??? that are missing in Dyna Quifm (and we know where to look)
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast