Hybrid View

Character
    Cloudxz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

[dev1007] Voidwatch: Obtaining Spoils

I'm very disappointed with the way the spoil system works. I was hoping that once a particular player obtains a rare/ex item from the riftworn pyxis then that would mean that that particular player's riftworn pyxis will no longer have the chance to spawn that said rare/ex item again and that it would have a chance to spawn in some other player's riftworn pyxis.

Would it be possible to add an option to move a rare/ex item from the riftworn pyxis to a loot pool? It's very disheartening working so hard to get max spectral alignment and then seeing an item that's wanted by many go to the floor due to a player's riftworn pyxis spawning an item they already have.
    (41)

Character
    Alexiah
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The drop rate in Voidwatch is absolutely horrendous, even with capped spectral alignment, which is no easy task. It's really insulting that the same rare item can go to the same person twice and they can't even give it to someone who does want it, let alone pull it out of the chest.
    (24)

Character
    Kelga
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I think we've been put on a path of having control over the drops with the advent of weakness triggering system. I don't see why we can't exert a degree of control in our drops for voidwatch. Even with full lights the most common drops end up being crafting items and potions that people sell to NPCs anyway. I'm glad that at least when we do full white lights the Key Item is a guaranteed drop otherwise I wouldn't seek to partake in this event whatsoever.
    (10)

I really like how this system rewards every player differently, so you're not fighting over 1 loot pool.

But i'm 100% for the OPs idea. There should be an option to add your drops to the Treasure Pool. nothing more annoying than getting a drop you already have and it goes to waste, while your friend needs the item.

Please SE, consider adding this.
    (20)

Perhaps there already exists a way within the voidwatch system for a single player to receive said spoils more easily?

Has anyone tried being the only one trading cells or staggering before? I know it would be lame if that was the case, but I was wondering what has been tried/not tried. I am not aware of such tests, but if they've been done i'd appreciate a linky!
    (0)

Since the voidwatch reward system was set up so that each player could receive their own individual rewards, we have no plans to add a feature that allows you to place the rewards into the treasure pool.

To be a bit more specific, this system is different than the original treasure system so that no matter how many players you have participating in a voidwatch battle, as long as you succeed, you will always be able to receive something as compensation.
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Since the voidwatch reward system was set up so that each player could receive their own individual rewards, we have no plans to add a feature that allows you to place the rewards into the treasure pool.

To be a bit more specific, this system is different than the original treasure system so that no matter how many players you have participating in a voidwatch battle, as long as you succeed, you will always be able to receive something as compensation.
    I personally really do love this sytem. But the problem is doing say, the same NM ~20 times hoping to get your friend a R/EX Item... and you've gotten and tossed 10 of them but he hasn't gotten one yet. (exaggerating the numbers obv D

This is incredibly frustrating. I love the event is designed to reward everyone, but maybe players should also have the choice to give their drops to someone. I don't like losing an item someone needs because i have one.

... now, I know where you're worried. You're worried if they add this, some groups might impose a rule you put your stuff into the pool so people can lot it... ruining the whole "individual reward" aspect of Voidwatch...

Oh well, I guess its not a huge catastrophe.
    (5)

Character
    Cloudxz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Obtaining a Peridot and a Pro Ether +1 for the fight is not considered compensation in my book for the annoyance of getting max spectral alignment.

Well if you're not planning to change this treasure pool problem then I guess we'll have to hope that the new update you have in store for us is actually good and not garbage. Don't let us down!
    (7)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

But, you have also already proven that you are capable of making it so you can optionaly add the contents of chests to the treasure pool and people are saying that they would like this to be an option.
    (5)

Character
    Squeejee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95

I wouldn't mind this system so much if it wasn't the only place you can get one of only four animators. None of the other Voidwatch equipment people are screaming about wanting but not getting is irreplaceable.
    (0)

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast