Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    That's NOT the single largest issue.. it's actually a non-issue that's blown out of proportions by people unable and unwilling to adapt to a system unique to voidwatch. If anything, the issue is that SE is teasing you with drops you MIGHT have gotten. If SE changed the system to the default single treasure, droprates would be even WORSE!

The biggest problem is the lack of decent loot on the majority of the NMs, which is a crucial problem when the event has to compete with abyssea.
    Failure to adapt? Adapting would require there be something we could do to try to make sure r/e items drop to people that can actually use them and don't already have them. I think what you meant to say is "Get used to how terrible it is." Which is stupid. There is some pretty solid gear from the T3s btw and a lot of solid AHable stuff from the lower tiers.
    (7)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    I'm getting 50 plates per day from selling currency.
    Idk about your server, but that adds up to about 15m worth of currency a day on mine if you're getting heavy metal plates for 300k each. If it's 100k on your server, it would be 5m worth of currency in a day. That still doesn't sound like a day's farm of currency to me in dynamis. At least not solo.
    (2)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    50 is when I can do two runs. I'm buying @150 k. I know I'm crazy but who cares 10 millions of today is 1 millions of yesterday and nobody knows what kind of inflation we are going to get next.

...and next VU I will be getting 50 more plates from selling alexandrites I bet lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 10-20-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I like to believe that the FFXI staff is listening to the playerbase like the FFXIV staff has been... but really? REALLY? That's not really a solution to the problem at all. More than anything, that's what's going to kill FFXI: The developers not listening to feedback.
    (8)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Rorald
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    it IS a huge problem and it really makes me lose confidence in the SE team to not be able to see something so obvious.
    (6)

Character
    Qtipus
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 95
    Camate really should tell the Devs to make those posts. See if that response actually changes...

It's almost like they're trolling the community.
    (6)

Character
    Fredrico
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Yeah. Disappointing.
    (4)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urthdigger View Post
    I like to believe that the FFXI staff is listening to the playerbase like the FFXIV staff has been... but really? REALLY? That's not really a solution to the problem at all. More than anything, that's what's going to kill FFXI: The developers not listening to feedback.
    Exactly, and they're adding more to Voidwatch without considering the fact that the only thing that needs changed is to implement

[SIZE="7"]Add to Treasure Pool[/SIZE]
    (5)

Character
    Scruffyballs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    When the community that plays the game sees a flaw but the dev team doesn't, looks like there's no point to even contribute anything on the forums.

Guess we're just posta bend over, take it in the rear and ask for more.
    (3)

Character
    Elanabelle
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    I didn't forget about you guys! I’ve been discussing all of your concerns and comments with the team regarding the Voidwatch drop system, and it has taken some time to reach a final conclusion.

It was decided that there will not be any fundamental changes to the drop system to make it possible to add item drops to the treasure pool, as the team does not believe this is not where the main crux of the problem lies.

However! The development team will be making adjustments in the future to reduce the overall length of each battle. In addition, when they add more chapters to the Voidwatch system, and introduce even stronger monsters, the drop rates for these tougher challenges will be increased beyond what is currently in place.

Incredibly bad reply and totally illogical.

You have a player doing Voidwatch, who happens to be lucky enough to have previously earned a Rare/Ex loot item .... and it's possible for the same very uncommon Rare/Ex loot item to drop to the SAME player, who can not receive it, and does not have the option to trade/share/give/auction that item!!!

Meanwhile, you have up to 17 other players in the alliance, MANY of whom might be desiring that Rare/Ex item, but can not receive it, even though technically it "dropped" from the NM. And instead, they get Petrified Logs, Gold Beastcoins, Rubies, and Darksteel Ingots.

There is no practical actualized "reward" to ANYONE in that alliance. The Voidwatch battle system is *excellent*. And the loot distribution *totally fails*. It's a shame. But what's more shameful is that the development team either doesn't realize it .... (yes, see that elephant in the middle of the board room, team?), or is too proud to admit a mistake.

Fail.

Do better.
    (5)

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast