Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ashmulder
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Since the voidwatch reward system was set up so that each player could receive their own individual rewards, we have no plans to add a feature that allows you to place the rewards into the treasure pool.

To be a bit more specific, this system is different than the original treasure system so that no matter how many players you have participating in a voidwatch battle, as long as you succeed, you will always be able to receive something as compensation.
    You know camate has an awesome job, he gets to rain on everybody's parade on a daily basis.

Seriously what is that guy smoking to think a petrified log and a mythril ingot is "compensation" for a t4 fight?(yes with capped lights)
    (6)
    0/3 Spelunker Hat

Character
    Darkvalkyr
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Voidwatch is a system that cripples LSes of friends playing with each other and helping each other out.

It works on pick up groups and slightly less on endgame heavy shells, but on shells that revolve on players helping each other and being friendly, this sort of drop system completely kills that 'help each other out' aspect.
    (4)

Character
    Yakamo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    COR Lv 95
    I agree, VW is here to waste as much time as possible so that SE can fix other issues/add new things while keeping us busy.

What kills me is we're meant to spend cruor on these cells that supposedly increases the drop rate of items (at least the ruby ones), but with or without the cells, the drop rate is just as bad. I'm sure I'm not the only one to waste a ton of cruor on these things before now where I'm just saving them for the T3s and up, and hoping against hope it gets me something. Now, I have gotten some of the rarer pieces from VW, but I can't honestly tell if the cells had anything to do with it.

I've pretty much given up on Walk of Echoes, which has the same crappy loot system. At least VW is more fun and challenging, so it's still worth to do....but really, after you've seen the same person get his fifth Strendu Ring or Ganesha's Mala, and you're still getting those logs and ingots....let's just say no one feels "compensated" for anything.
    (8)

Character
    Defiledsickness
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    well i can say that if you have an LS that does VW 2days a week, about 6-9 fights each day, you can obtain almost everything.

this is what my LS does and most of the members who have decent attendance seem to have gotten most of the rewards. i've only gotten about 3 items (1 i sold, another i muled, last i use rarely) but im not able to make every event.

it seems like they wanted a system as difficult as obtaining a relic or mythic weapon. but using /random instead of /hours. i do hate this system very much, but w/e.
    (1)

Character
    Fiddytree
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I totally agree with being able to put your own loot into the treasure pool. SE, you had the beginnings of a good idea by having everyone get their own individual drops from the chests, but you totally dropped the ball by not allowing us to put stuff we don't want into the treasure pool. Players getting the same ra/ex twice is just ridiculous. If you're going to allow that to happen then you need to allow that player to put it into the pool where someone else can benefit and not feel cheated yet again by a VW fight. The drop rates are terrible as it is. Using cells to boost quality of drops is a joke. You are destroying everyone's cruor supply by charging 3k cruor for ONE cell that doesn't help one bit on drops. That's 9k cruor per fight, and that's only to raise ONE color! I mean, we're spending enough cruor already upgrading atmacites. Give us a break here. I can see why people don't wanna do VW. It takes a lot of time and cruor to do and you have maybe a 1% chance of getting any of the rare drops. I can't even count have many Voidwroughts we've done, and only ONE radiant has dropped for someone. That's kind of ridiculous. Please adjust the drop system and drop rates SE. Also, can we get cheaper cells please? If you want VW to be successful then it has to be done.
    (9)

Character
    Winrie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Inb4 "the cells used to enhance lights for item drops in voidwatch were found to not be applying their effects as intended" or "item drop rates out of voidwatch chests were lower than intended" or "spectral alignment effects from players were not applying drop rate enhancements as intended"
    (4)
    Last edited by Winrie; 10-12-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefiddy View Post
    You are destroying everyone's cruor supply by charging 3k cruor for ONE cell that doesn't help one bit on drops. That's 9k cruor per fight, and that's only to raise ONE color! I mean, we're spending enough cruor already upgrading atmacites.
    I see it hasn't occurred to you that this is kind of the point: plenty of people had tens of millions of cruor, and nothing to spend it on.

Voidwatch is intended to be a cruor sink, just like Dynamis, Limbus, and Einherjar used to be gil sinks.
    (1)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    As many people have mentioned the system is OK at best but the drop rate is beyond awful. Our linkshell has killed maybe 50 'final tier' voidwatch NMs now, all with capped or close to capped lights and we've mustered a grand total of zero body pieces.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    You actually have less then 1% chance of a body dropping. Our shell did a ton of T4's and we always get 400%+ (so capped for anyone who traded) on red / blue lights, and a grand total of 2 bodys (same person both times, who didn't even trade cells) so far. 18 people at 20+ runs = 360 loot pools, 2 bodies 2/360 = 0.0055 * 100 = 0.55% drop rate.

Think about that, half a percent drop rate. It's designed as a time sink only, your supposed to bash yourself against these fights over and over again for the next 6 months, then they release next update and more VWNM. You bash yourself against those for another 6 months before they have to come up with "something" for you to do. It's a delaying tactic to give them another year to come up with a real end game system.
    (2)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Would love an update from the community reps/dev team on this Voidwatch matter. :/

Players are obviously upset with the system, yet their discontent is largely ignored...
    (2)

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast