Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32
    Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Farm 200M and buy the plates ; I've said this the moment they released empyreans trial upgrades in october or september. The goal is not for you to farm them, they are not farmable. They want every casual player to farm them and sell them. We are starting to upgrade our 4rth and 5th empy and it will takes us a few days only. We almost never set foot in voidfail. This is balance you farm for me I get the epeens.
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 04-05-2012 at 04:52 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Wat sucks is that petrifacts are now taking up the top slot drop space lowering plates even more...
    I actually don't believe the crystal petrifact will drop in the top "HQ" slot (i.e. instead of a ra/ex item, heavy metal, riftdross/cinder etc), since I've seen them in other slots aswell. Fairly certain if you hadn't gotten a petrifact in the top slot of your reward chest, it would have been your usual log or ore instead.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tamoa; 04-05-2012 at 03:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    I actually don't believe the crystal petrifact will drop in the top "HQ" slot (i.e. instead of a ra/ex item, heavy metal, riftdross/cinder etc), since I've seen them in other slots aswell. Fairly certain if you hadn't gotten a petrifact in the top slot of your reward chest, it would have been your usual log or ore instead.
    I have 2 dozen of them and over half have been from the HQ slot.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I have 2 dozen of them and over half have been from the HQ slot.
    How do you know they've been from HQ slot?
    (1)
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    How do you know they've been from HQ slot?
    ^^^^

Top slot does not mean HQ Slot... There is a chance to obtain no HQ Item. I've opened a chest with 5 logs before :\
    (2)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    ^^^^

Top slot does not mean HQ Slot... There is a chance to obtain no HQ Item. I've opened a chest with 5 logs before :\
    Yeah that's my point exactly. Lost count on how many chests I've opened with no HQ items but anything from one to 5 of your usual logs and ores. And that's with capped lights and cells traded.
    (2)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    That means you got a log instead of the HQ item. Now we're getting CPs instead....
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Adding a Crystal Petrifact to the possible loot rewards may not reduce the chances to obtain a HQ drop. When a program randomizes for loot it' use's a drop table to determine what you get.

Ex:
    Random number 1 ~ 100 (just for ease of use)
    96~100: Super Item (5% drop rate)
    51~95: Minor Item (45% drop rate)
    1~50: Log!! (50% drop rate)

Now if they wanted to add another item at 2% drop rates the could add it such as

49~50: New Item (2% drop rate)
    1~48: Log!! (48% drop rate)

This can be adapted to cover any and all possible random events in a program. So just because somethings dropping in the "HQ slot" doesn't mean it's overwriting a HQ Body / Plate, more likely it was put into the positions covering the "random junk".
    (1)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Adding a Crystal Petrifact to the possible loot rewards may not reduce the chances to obtain a HQ drop. When a program randomizes for loot it' use's a drop table to determine what you get.

Ex:
    Random number 1 ~ 100 (just for ease of use)
    100: Super Item (1% drop rate)
    65~99: Minor Item (35% drop rate)
    1~64: Log!! (64% drop rate)

Now if they wanted to add another item at 2% drop rates the could add it such as

49~50: New Item (2% drop rate)
    1~48: Log!! (48% drop rate)

This can be adapted to cover any and all possible random events in a program. So just because somethings dropping in the "HQ slot" doesn't mean it's overwriting a HQ Body / Plate, more likely it was put into the positions covering the "random junk".
    FTFY !

more seriously
    they can also add a new slot with x% chance of new item, 100-X% chance of nothing
    (1)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The way it looks to me, crystal petrifact has been added to the "common drops" (i.e. logs and ores) part of the rewards, seeing as I have already more than once opened a chest with more than one crystal petrifact. One had 3 of them and nothing else whatsoever.

That means you got a log instead of the HQ item. Now we're getting CPs instead....
    It means there was no HQ slot in the first place.
    (2)

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32