Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    I think part of the logistical problem with setting stuff to community pool or adding drops en masse to pool is the fact that sometimes 5 items appear in someone's personal chest. If more than 2 people add all of their drops to pool for freelot, the community pool would automatically fill up and stuff would auto-sort. If 18 people in an alliance add drops to their pool, that is 90 drops to sort in the pool.

I agree VW loot needs fixing, but the solution isn't to add an "Add ALL drops to pool" option. It should be "Add THIS drop to pool" option, and people will have to coordinate and be careful in those five minutes not to add so many drops to the pool that they stack up and start auto-sorting.
    Simple solution, remove the useless crafting drops that we just toss / NPC anyway.
    (2)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    The main problem with this "adding treasure to the loot pool" idea is it would push the rate of drops way too high to fit in with SE's game plan. If they were ever to do it, it would need to be coupled with a major decrease in drop rates to compensate for the increase in distribution of items. Then there's the issue of balancing it against groups of varying sizes. I'm amazed that people have overlooked these issues.

As it is, it's working as intended, frustrating or not. Per individual you have a certain chance of getting an item, if you can simply add it to the treasure pool if you don't want it, it's going to change drop rates for people exponentially. Say for example you have a 12 person group and your chance of getting a certain item is 5%. If 12 people then have the option of adding it to the loot pool your chance of getting that drop goes from 5% to 60%. It's not going to happen, period. Come up with another idea that's not so retarded and game breaking. Either that or be accepting of the fact that they'd need to horribly nerf drop rates to implement it.

Or we could simply go back to DKP and 21-24 hour pops. Wouldn't that be wonderful?
    (2)
    Last edited by blowfin; 11-01-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Or we could simply go back to DKP Abyssea and 21-24 hour 1 minute ??? pops. Wouldn't that be wonderful?
    Yes, yes it would.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    Yes, yes it would.
    What exactly do you plan to do when you get everything (barring 1500 heavy metal) you want from one VW run then? Whine that there isn't enough content?
    (2)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The idea is to enslave you all so that you keep doing this crap for several runs until you get your drop ... all this in order to supply the server mith more cheap metal plates or pouches. They already said they won't change the loot system so there is no need to argue. The drop system is what entirely makes voidwatch. Can't wait for the next 3000 drops for the level 99 ones. As long as it's balanced between people that want to make money doing VW and people that want to upgrade I'm ok with it.
    You just have to get accostumed to the idea that building voidwatch specific linkkshells is a waste of time.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The main problem with this "adding treasure to the loot pool" idea is it would push the rate of drops way too high to fit in with SE's game plan. If they were ever to do it, it would need to be coupled with a major decrease in drop rates to compensate for the increase in distribution of items. Then there's the issue of balancing it against groups of varying sizes. I'm amazed that people have overlooked these issues.

As it is, it's working as intended, frustrating or not. Per individual you have a certain chance of getting an item, if you can simply add it to the treasure pool if you don't want it, it's going to change drop rates for people exponentially. Say for example you have a 12 person group and your chance of getting a certain item is 5%. If 12 people then have the option of adding it to the loot pool your chance of getting that drop goes from 5% to 60%. It's not going to happen, period. Come up with another idea that's not so retarded and game breaking. Either that or be accepting of the fact that they'd need to horribly nerf drop rates to implement it.

Or we could simply go back to DKP and 21-24 hour pops. Wouldn't that be wonderful?
    The drop rate on almost everything worthwhile is already shit. Would it be so far out of this supposed game plan if the 1 good item that dropped out of 5-20 runs went to someone who actually wanted it? Is the game plan to frustrate people into not even doing the content because they see 2 HQ bodies that they are after drop to the same person who can't even equip it? I'm not saying "add to pool" is the answer but calling it retarded compared to the worst loot system in any game ever made seems pretty silly.
    (1)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    I think part of the logistical problem with setting stuff to community pool or adding drops en masse to pool is the fact that sometimes 5 items appear in someone's personal chest. If more than 2 people add all of their drops to pool for freelot, the community pool would automatically fill up and stuff would auto-sort. If 18 people in an alliance add drops to their pool, that is 90 drops to sort in the pool.
    I think you misunderstood. The community pool would effectively be the NORMAL treasure pool. Instead of 16 people dumping their drops in one pool, you get one pool for 16 people to lot on. The private pools would get their own loot from the chest, but would not get access to the treasure pool.

What people fail to see is the math involved with 'adding unwanted drops to the pool for all to lot on'.

If you have 18 people in an alliance, a 1% drop rate becomes (100%-(100%-1%)^18)=16.5%. To compensate for a pool addition drop, SE would then have to drop that 1% droprate to 0.056% droprate. Even less if you take multiple identical drops into account.

The normal loot system has a 1% droprate, but you have to get lucky with outlotting contenders for the same item, or build enough 'favor', dkp or otherwise to get the item, OR invite someone with too much gil to buy the spare item for 2M gil.
    The voidwatch system has a 1% droprate. Period. No sharing, no selling, clean.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Instead of getting random logs and rocks dozens of times in a row, they should just replace those drops with little man that pops out and punches you square in the dick.
    (7)
    ~ The OF motto ~
    If someone has more gil than me, they bought it.
    If someone outclaims me, they're botting.
    If someone is more successful than me, they cheat.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    What exactly do you plan to do when you get everything (barring 1500 heavy metal) you want from one VW run then? Whine that there isn't enough content?
    I'd rather whine that I have everything I want than whine that the things that I want are near impossible to acquire.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiterpallasch View Post
    Instead of getting random logs and rocks dozens of times in a row, they should just replace those drops with little man that pops out and punches you square in the dick.
    They could add a sound effect similar to "TOASTYYY~" from MK but it could be "TANAKAAA~"
    (3)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast