Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    There seem to be a lack of understanding as to why the design team is doing things this way.

The design team won't make it so items can be transferred to the loot pool because it means players would now have 18 chances at said item per fight...

The design team has clearly stated new tiers will have higher drop rates.

If you are having issues with procs then you need to /shout for other jobs. There is no reason to low man this event.

If people really want VW to change they need to start looking at what the design team has said and offer constructive criticism. Just typing in big bold font won't get anything changed.
    It's sad that out of 12 pages only 2-3 people are actually trying to come up with ideas.
    (2)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Simple question:
    IF SE decreased R/EX item drop rates 18x from current drop rates, BUT you got an option to put that item in the lot pool, would you be fine with that?
    I think I'd be okay with something like that, because otherwise my DRK friend might never (in foreseeable/sane time frame) get his Ace's Body or my PUP friend his Turbo Animator, whilst I, having no use for these items, got them already and dumped on mule.

This wouldn't really change an individual's chances of getting an item they want/NEED, but it would allow people who DON'T want/need said item to give it out to friends/people in need.

On the other hand, it would expose how truly abysmal time/effort/reward ratio of Voidwatch is for an individual person. You'd have more satisfaction/progress camping Argus.

As a side note, one of other flaws of this system is that the drop rates are tailored with assumption every fight is done by 18 people and all of those are after all of the possible drops and SE has set it up so that only so many people are allowed to see good item per fight. At least with lot pools as more and more people were getting items from an event, an individual's chances of getting an item were increasing (because everyone ahead in DKP points was capping on that item etc). In Voidwatch no matter how long you keep doing it, your chances of getting the item you want are the same on fight No.1 and fight No.352. And whilst your friends/LS just got their twentieth pair of Fijin Boots, you still got none.
    These is no sense of progress in Voidwatch, only stupid hope.
    (2)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Dynamis NMs drops are more useful than voidwatch. Refresh grip, tripple attack ring, accuracy ring, double attack belt..
    Hah, you funny. Listing the triple attack ring among stuff from Dynamis that's "useful". The triple attack ring has acc+3 and TA+2(when MP>99). No, not 99%, 99 MP. Plus it can't be used by any job that has an innate MP pool. Plus it can't hold a candle to epona's ring. Also have no idea what you're talking about with "double attack belt"... you mean Portus Collar, the DA neck which drops from one of the second tier Diabolos'? One of the ones that there's no confirmed kills against yet? Yeah, that's pretty cool I guess. Not as cool as a body piece which gives constant AoE haste+2%, but still pretty cool.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciaa View Post
    If people really want VW to change they need to start looking at what the design team has said and offer constructive criticism. Just typing in big bold font won't get anything changed.
    It's sad that out of 12 pages only 2-3 people are actually trying to come up with ideas.
    When the design team is determined to take an otherwise delicious pastry, take a dump all over it and hand it to the player, the correct response is not to sit there and go "well I guess we could eat around it". No, the correct response is to grab the design team by the lapels, hoist them into the air, pin them against a wall and slap them about a few times and tell them "No. That is not how you prepare pastries and we will not stand for it. Now cut that out."
    (7)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Hah, you funny. Listing the triple attack ring among stuff from Dynamis that's "useful". The triple attack ring has acc+3 and TA+2(when MP>99). No, not 99%, 99 MP. Plus it can't be used by any job that has an innate MP pool. Plus it can't hold a candle to epona's ring.
    All job earring that is better than rajas you mad™. Also should be better than an acc +9 one.

Also have no idea what you're talking about with "double attack belt"... you mean Portus Collar, the DA neck which drops from one of the second tier Diabolos'? One of the ones that there's no confirmed kills against yet? Yeah, that's pretty cool I guess. Not as cool as a body piece which gives constant AoE haste+2%, but still pretty cool.
    That's because you are a voidwatch fanboy and didn't have a look at what happens in dynamis. http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10818/tjukurrpa-belt.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    Fixed for you, but I agree with the overall sentiment. I don't really see the dev team's fear of letting more people get what they want. If they think people will burn through the content and never touch Voidwatch again....well, look at Abyssea. You can "beat" Abyssea in a couple days per job you want to gear. Besides, people will be farming VW for Plates for a long time.
    There are 0 active 18 man shells from Garuda still going. I can name a handful of 18-man shells on my server, and I wouldn't consider doing anything with most of them because they're either >50% incompetent or have ridiculous rules. I don't think it's just me who let the shells fall apart.
    (0)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Dynamis NMs drops are more useful than voidwatch. Refresh grip, tripple attack ring, accuracy ring, double attack belt..
    The sagasinger is nice^^
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Sagasinger
    (0)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    All job earring that is better than rajas you mad™. Also should be better than an acc +9 one.

That's because you are a voidwatch fanboy and didn't have a look at what happens in dynamis. http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10818/tjukurrpa-belt.
    Rajas earring, eh? An oversight on my part makes me a Dynamis newb (when I've been leading Dynamis for 5 years), so I guess that oversight makes you a whole game newb. Belt still isn't better than some of the stuff that drops from VW.

I've been complaining about the quality of drops in Dynamis forever now. The fact that you're claiming Dynamis has a better loot system than... anything... makes me laugh. You do the higher tier Dynamis battles? The work/reward ratio is even worse than VW.
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's funny how you change subect all of a sudden. So you admit dynamis drops are better after all. Btw I forgot to add aife's mantle for an optimal mnk build.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It's funny how you change subect all of a sudden. So you admit dynamis drops are better after all. Btw I forgot to add aife's mantle for an optimal mnk build.
    Rajas earring, eh? An oversight on my part makes me a Dynamis newb (when I've been leading Dynamis for 5 years), so I guess that oversight makes you a whole game newb. Belt still isn't better than some of the stuff that drops from VW.

I've been complaining about the quality of drops in Dynamis forever now. The fact that you're claiming Dynamis has a better loot system than... anything... makes me laugh. You do the higher tier Dynamis battles? The work/reward ratio is even worse than VW.
    Where did I say Dynamis loot is better than VW loot? "Belt still isn't better than some of the stuff that drops from VW."... that means stuff in VW is still better than the belt I overlooked. "The work/reward ratio is even worse than VW."... that means harder to obtain loot in Dynamis, and the loot is of lower quality than in VW.

Edit: crap, I'm feeding the trolls again. Sorry for the derail. Main point: getting what you want from VW is hard, but not as hard as getting what you want from Dynamis.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yinnyth; 10-21-2011 at 03:44 AM.

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast