Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    After I saw this terrible error in judgement I knew nothing would come of reading the rest of his post because he had no idea what he was talking about, and the thread was closed so it's not like I could tell him where he messed up. So I stopped reading it.
    Similarly, after I saw that he couldn't add or decide what weapons he was doing math with in the first few lines of his math, I stopped trying to follow it at all. Well, not entirely true, as I noted that he didn't have the Dancer use Saber Dance and somehow gave them the highest Attack of all three jobs.
    (2)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Hello ^^

I Closed my topic sorry, in this forums we have a lot of trolls.... I just want SE devs read it. ( I hope they understand thief is a DD)

The calculations i did make on the katanas combo was Oirandori/kamone. I was about of make kogara/kamone, I changed my mind, just a type error.

I used, two kila +2 with attack on dancer, the food used was red curry and berserk for the 3 jobs.

For wish12oz

I did not taked in consideration "innin" in my calculations.

The accuracy is not anymore a factor inside abbysea even with yonnin on. (Only vs some NM in heroes areas yes, but with normal low tiers NMS and exp mobs no)

(Talking playing solo only)

Ninja with Yonin, Kurayami Ni,hojo ni, Jubaku and 2 sekkas +2 evasion ones. Can tank any NM inside abbysea more smooth than thief and dancer, i repeat im talking "Solo" not duo no dualbox, "Solo"

Dancer have access saber dance, haste samba and more luxury offensive tools and natural higher tier DW.

I agree with you in a lot of things in your Yonin/Inin post. This JAS need to be checked.

You cant imagine the diference of DOT and ws damage losed,ninja/warrior, dancer/warrior vs thief/ninja.

For nebo

After the intensive DW tests on thief, was comprobed we only receive DW1, not DW2 even on wiki they update that information.

Yes the true love thiefs, are very strong in this days and can keep up with any job. But like how i did say is "Insulting we receive just a range in two JA we dont use very often anymore, before abbysea yes, we used it a lot on BLMS, and another situations, right now we dont use it very often. Not is fair they dont want give us a offensive JA.

Atm i only use Accomplise/collaborador, for turn on or turn off the mob in the position i want, for Trick attack and sneak attack, and for duo with my mage friends.
    (0)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 06-04-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gropitou View Post
    This should be under the THF forum, not General Discussion.
    FYI........take a look under job forums and tell me how many responses have been made by Developers to various suggestions in each of the job specific threads. Then you will have your answer to why it was posted here...........! DING!
    (1)
    Proud to be "Old School" and to have completed CoP pre-nerf

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    After the intensive DW tests on thief, was comprobed we only receive DW1, not DW2 even on wiki they update that information.
    Link to testing please.
    (0)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    Link to testing please.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Talkual_Wield

THF Dual WieldEdit

It's DW1, not DW2. Tested outside on level 0 mobs one shotting with first a single 201 delay dagger, then two 201 delay daggers.

5, 11, 16, 22, 27, 33, 38, 44, 49, 55 so 5.5 TP per strike with one 201 delay dagger.

5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 with two 201 delay daggers. No mobs hit me, and I wore nothing during the test barring the weapons. .5 TP less dual wielding, which is 10% reduction, DW1.
    (0)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 06-04-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Character
    Alaik
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Uh, I tested that back when we intially got DW1 and put that into the wiki. That may not be the case at 90 cap.
    (1)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    SATA timers need to be reduced and the restrictions on positioning need to be eased. Either that add a JA that forces a critical hit on the next WS from any position that shares it's timer with SA but has a lower cooloff timer.

THF should also get a Critical Hit Rate Bonus job trait.

lvl 15 Crit. Hit Rate Bonus +10%

lvl 45 Crit. Hit Rate Bonus II +15%

lvl 65 Crit. Hit Rate Bonus III +20%

lvl 85 Crit. Hit Rate Bonus IV +25%

Also, THF should have additional levels of Triple Attack and a reverse Collaborator.
    (4)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 06-04-2011 at 12:58 PM.

I think i've posted this a thousand times, I'll post it a thousand more. THF is a great job, But it falls short in anything but Treasure Hunter'ing. (which is nice... Its what THF's do)

That being said, I think a Job Trait, Level ~80+, That allows us to SA from sides/front for a penalty to the SA bonus would be nice? and not too broken... Like say...

"Illusive" (IDC about names bite me ;
    Allows use of Sneak Attack from sides or front of mob with Penalty to Damage boost.
    (Back(normal): 100% DEX >)
    (Sides: 75% of DEX)
    (Front: 50% of DEX)

However, with this, Introduce a JA like "Restraint" for SA/TA, Like follows>
    "Concentration"
    *blahblahRPcrap*-Through combat you learn your enemies weakness, Each successive hit increases the damage for Sneak Attack and Trick Attack.
    *Each Hit would increase SA and TA's Mod (DEX or AGI) by 0.5%. Cap of +50% mod (I.E 150% of your DEX to Weapon damage) > It would take 100 Swings to "Fully charge" it. Wears off after 1 use. Effect lasts 5 minutes. Recast timer 10 minutes. Effect stays on full duration, but the "Charge" wears off after SA or TA is used (resets it to 0)

Also, For job Traits in general-
    "Critical hit Rate Bonus" Lv. I~V at 10/30/50/70/90.
    3/3/3/3/3 for a total of +15% Critical hit Rate.

"Critical attack Bonus" Lv I~VI at 15/30/45/60/75/90
    5/3/3/3/3/3 for +20% Critical hit damage.

--------------

These improvements would help THF a lot in the DD department, and make up for their weaker weapon damage. (lets face it, inside abyssea, we're not that far behind, outside we flop on most mobs)
    (3)

Character
    Lyltia
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    First thing I saw was him talk about ninajs using Ininn, and I was all like WTF, what kind of bad ninjas does this guy run around with that they can use ininn and gain some kind of effect out of it that isn't -evasion. Seriously, if you can play ninja and you're not tanking pretty much all the time, you're doing it wrong, ininn is garbage and cannot be used because the mob should be facing you 90% of the time.
    Not that I'm going to defend anything that guy said, but Innin is a lot more useful than you give it credit for; there are lots of monsters that don't turn to face whoever has hate if they're within melee range; and with some of those (Hydra in particular), the flail move is much easier to deal with than the normal retinue.
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Talkual_Wield

THF Dual WieldEdit

It's DW1, not DW2. Tested outside on level 0 mobs one shotting with first a single 201 delay dagger, then two 201 delay daggers.

5, 11, 16, 22, 27, 33, 38, 44, 49, 55 so 5.5 TP per strike with one 201 delay dagger.

5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 with two 201 delay daggers. No mobs hit me, and I wore nothing during the test barring the weapons. .5 TP less dual wielding, which is 10% reduction, DW1.
    If I am not mistaken, that test has been there since we received Dual Wield at 83. There has also been testing done since that showed another tier increase between level 85-90.

Possible reason for it saying "It's DW1, not DW2" is that, at the time, Thieves were speculating that it should be AT LEAST DW2 since that was the highest tier we got from /nin at the 85 cap. Lots of angry Thieves when we figured out it wasn't lol.

I'll look for that link for more recent testing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nebo; 06-04-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast