Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Replicax
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    It seems XI is the life line with the trend of XIV. The stock holders alone are upset with XIV besides the gamers. I would love to see XI upgraded to XIV's engine and if the PS2 player base is still high then retain them on their own servers with the option of PC/360 users as well.

There are many XI users including myself that upgraded their PCs for XIV as well. With an upgraded XI these current PS2 limitations can go away and provide SE with more content options, jobs, etc to keep the subscriber rate going.
    (0)

Player
    The posters in all threads about the future of FFXI (or any MMO for that matter) are always the same:

1. The people that understand the economics of an MMO, and realize that once they are launched and production costs are recouped they basically become a huge cash cow even at very low player levels.

2. The people that use no logic and have no understanding of that situation and claim that it will die tomorrow because their buddy George quit last week and now they feel like quitting.
    (0)

Character
    Unaisis
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    FF11 wont die ^.^
    (0)

http://www.youtube.com/user/koga41

Character
    Lupus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'd say we got till 2012 or a few months into 2012. Right now were living off updates, the thrill of being level 99, new magics and abilities, a new possible merit category. But that wont satisfy us for long which is why they always drag out these changes over a year's time to keep us interested in playing. What will we do after it's all finished and the dust settles? Wotg was the last expansion, abyssea won't be challenging at level 99, they are revising old content to be easier. The game will die only when the player loses interest, and we have no interest beyond the current planned updates.

A new expansion to test our might would keep our interest. Just adding new jobs would have everyone massing with eagerness more so than being level 99.
    (0)

Character
    Packboy
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    game wont die anytime in the near future. everquest has been online what 20 if not close to it years. look for ffxi to run another good 5-6 years b4 maybe small issue come up. only reason wow does better. coz its a kids game. just hope SE doesnt do that to this game. this games doesnt need to be a kids game. but with the additions of late, they r trying to kill it faster then it should be
    (0)

Player
    Main thing holding this game back, of course, is the PS2 and its limitations. If someday SE can pull the plug on the PS2 version, they can really pump out some big updates to this game in the form of graphical/system updates and large scale expansions. It's like beating on a dead horse here, but at this point, the 10 year old PS2 console is holding this game back from becoming so much more. Ultima Online and EQ *still* are releasing expansion packs and have plenty of subscribers, and UO has been around for 14 years, EQ about 12-13. FFXI can last that long too if not longer, if SE plays their cards carefully and correctly.
    (0)

Character
    Katoplepa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    the future of Vana Diel is here :

(0)

Character
    Lilsanchez
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I'm not sure why people keep thinking the game is going to end, like the end is near! I'm assuming we still have at least 5 years+. Quit feeding people doubt.
    (0)
    Warm Socks!

Player
    This forum could be a source of income for them as well. But it doesn't look like they're going for that-- no ads. I wonder what Ffxiclopedia & Zam make on the ads? The few million a year they could make from ads must not be an appeal for them-- so I don't think they're hurting as badly as we may think.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by katoplepa View Post
    the future of Vana Diel is here :

That was player created. That is not from SE.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast