Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocobits View Post
    It was possible, and as I said in my post I did extensive testing on it. Claim stealing was possible on any mob by spamming spells/JA. The mob's name color never changed during the period in which claim was lost because it was a < 1 second window. Every mob had a split second window where any nearby player could perform an action on it. It was quickly ninja patched when people began posting about lost NMs.

It's cool you didn't know about it. It wasn't a widely known fact (being one of the few exploits that was hush hush, like the salvage hacks). Just because you didn't know about it =/= it didn't exist though. It doesn't matter because it doesn't exist now; I'm just stating for the record it was possible and I don't gain any kind of super reputation for pointing it out/fabricating it.
    You are a fool. Everyone would have known about it, people spam like crazy when they see people about to wipe. It'd have been found out simply due to that.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobits View Post
    It was possible, and as I said in my post I did extensive testing on it. Claim stealing was possible on any mob by spamming spells/JA. The mob's name color never changed during the period in which claim was lost because it was a < 1 second window. Every mob had a split second window where any nearby player could perform an action on it. It was quickly ninja patched when people began posting about lost NMs.

It's cool you didn't know about it. It wasn't a widely known fact (being one of the few exploits that was hush hush, like the salvage hacks). Just because you didn't know about it =/= it didn't exist though. It doesn't matter because it doesn't exist now; I'm just stating for the record it was possible and I don't gain any kind of super reputation for pointing it out/fabricating it.
    I spent years spamming provoke on claimed mobs on the off chance the group fighting it would fuck up and let it unclaim. Never once stole a mob like that, unless they did in fact fuck up. You are wrong.
    (1)

Character
    Kyatfa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    We all steal NMs dont lie cuz we all do it. i do all the time
    (0)

As you read this, I'm in your zone stealing your NMs.
    (5)

Character
    Packboy
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    case in point from lasnight. we were on the way to fight emperdor de altep or whatever. there was a group "fighting" it. mainly had smn pets on it. for the most part were doing ok. but as soon as the pets and smns died. they mob went running after people in thier pt. needless to say. he came unclaimed and our blm claimed it. we all stood on it like ur supposed to and killed it. long story short. they tried to pop again and have everyone stand on it. again they didnt get the kill. it unclaimed and we got it. so why does the claiming system need to change? say it does change to make the game even easier. are we gonna stand there and wait 30-45 mins while people zombie something? no it unclaimed and we showed them how to do it. they tried to learn and do it again. and failed again. system does not need to change. people need to change. people need to not suck
    (0)
    Last edited by Lutschfactor; 06-03-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    I spent years spamming provoke on claimed mobs on the off chance the group fighting it would fuck up and let it unclaim. Never once stole a mob like that, unless they did in fact fuck up. You are wrong.
    I don't know what your definition of spamming is. Were you hitting provoke at turbo controller speed (5-10x per second) for the duration of a half hour~ fight?

Also, try anything besides provoke? My 90% success rate was with Dia. I've seen a provoke claimsteal Faf before but it's difficult to say if the other group messed up. And, as I have repeatedly said: I did extensive testing with (mostly) willing test partners and was able to reproduce a claimsteal 90% of the time. I am not somehow wrong that I got control of other people's mobs without them disengaging/running over water/being out of range/dying/dc'ing/switching mobs. This isn't a deaggro. It's a loss of claim. When the glitch happened, which is what it was, a glitch, the former party lost (most of) their hate and my 1 action made their mob begin attacking me, but they would still be affected by that mob's AoE.

It doesn't matter and I'm dropping it because I can't argue with "I couldn't do it so you're wrong", it's not an important issue to forcibly earn belief over.

So how about them current claim stealers? <resumetopic>
    (2)

This isn't a deaggro. It's a loss of claim. When the glitch happened, which is what it was, a glitch, the former party lost (most of) their hate and my 1 action made their mob begin attacking me, but they would still be affected by that mob's AoE.
    That is called deaggro.

deaggro= all hate is lost. This in turn also causes declaim.
    declaim= claim is lost, regardless of hate.

Also, i lol'd at the idea that dia is better than provoke for "stealing" claims. half second, vs instant, yasure.
    (1)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    War can't sub war silly.
    LulzXD

Figured it was easyer to say "WAR /war" instead of "a Warrior and somone who subs /warrior".

Guessed u missed it ^_-
    (0)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

9. 06-03-2011 06:14 AM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    so why does the claiming system need to change? say it does change to make the game even easier. are we gonna stand there and wait 30-45 mins while people zombie something? no it unclaimed and we showed them how to do it. they tried to learn and do it again. and failed again. system does not need to change. people need to change.
    Well, judging by your posts in this thread you're happy to take something the instant it goes white regardless of the situation. It should be changed to prevent people like you from profiting from other people's work. Pretty simple. What are you doing standing over a group in the first place? Find something else to do, are you that lazy that you didn't have other options?

It's probably possible to defend the first time, but if you're going to hover and do it a second time then there's really not much else to say but your group were being jerks.
    (1)
    Last edited by blowfin; 06-03-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Character
    Meare
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Back in the old days you used to see HNM linkshells spam cures on peoples to get on the hate list of whatever they were fighting. If they managed to pull enough hate they could pull the mob away from who was fighting it, causing the people to disengage and so forth. Supposedly, due to the mob running about wildly and the people with the claim not doing any actions and/or being too far away, the mob would flash white and could be stolen. It was quite popular to try in Behemoth's Dominion since you have such a big area to run around with King Behemoth, who was a kited mob anyway.

If I recall, back before they nerfed the BRD song hate, people used to sub BRD in an attempt to do this particular mechanic. I don't recall if such a thing actually worked since my linkshell at the time didn't do it except for once when we wanted to take a KB off some RMT group, but I did see others attempt it at other camps during the HNM camping heyday. This of course, does not mean it if worked or not, but it was quite popular for a little while, even if it were a myth. I do remember that they did add the /blockaid command during this period of time.
    (0)

12. 06-03-2011 11:37 AM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast