Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Actually, come to think about it, there's quite a few weapons that will shine, but yes, they're magian trials only. No weapon is decent outside of trials at level 90 with the obvious exceptions, but I'll list a few from trials, not considering relic/empyrean/mythic (I shouldn't even say mythic... anyone who melees with Yagrush is doing it wrong and is capable of getting a much better weapon for meleeing. No one would doubt Yagrush being amazing in general, but for meleeing, it isn't).

Canne de Combat +2
    DMG:71 Delay:310
    "Dagan"
    Dagan discussion aside, this is the 5th highest base damage club in the game, with the lv85 empyrean having 74, lv85 relic having 76, lv90 empyrean having 78, and lv90 relic having 81. However, a lv90 Naboot +2 with the DA+ would likely outperform this overall, although more time consuming to get.

Naboot +2
    DMG:58 Delay:340
    Occ. atk. twice
    I know a lot of people have liked OAT weapons from magians in general, however, this is a case where I'd probably say the Double Attack+ club is superior for a main hand, which I'll list under OA2-4x. Although, yeah, it's better than any AH option you'd get.

Naboot +2
    DMG:33 Delay:340
    Occ. atk. 2-4 times
    A decent offhand in my opinion for one who lacks a kraken club, given TP feed is favorable. There's times where feeding too much TP can be a bad thing, but overall, this would probably be the 2nd best offhand for someone with relic/empyrean, with KC being the best of course for TP gain and Hexa Strike/Mystic Boon spam.

Naboot +2
    DMG:70 Delay:340
    "Double Attack"+10
    I would have to say this path is one of the best non-relic/empyrean clubs in the game right now. The DMG rating is HUGE, and it's only behind the WoE path/relic/empyrean clubs when it comes to sheer base damage. If you're aiming for a relic/empyrean, I probably wouldn't do one of these and seek an offhand version. Of course, I probably also say that because getting one of these is easier than getting a kraken club.

Hoeroa +2 (STR Path)
    DMG:47 Delay:210
    STR+9 Attack+20
    Now the damage rating on that is lackluster compared to the other options, but the delay is very low to compensate, almost as low as a club gets.

Now looking at the "top" weapons:

Mjollnir (90)
    DMG:81 Delay:308 Attack+35
    "Randgrith"
    Additional effect: Recover MP
    ...Do I even have to say this is our best melee weapon?

Gambanteinn (90)
    DMG:78 Delay:300 HP+70 MP+70
    "Dagan"
    Aftermath: Occ. deals double damage
    If only Dagan did damage, it'd be more worth seeking. Fun to play with aftermath I'd imagine though. The proc rate is definitely far more frequent than relic's multi-damage procs, but to give up a lot of damage to use it in the first place...

Yagrush (90)
    DMG:63 Delay:267 Magic Accuracy+20
    Augments "Divine Veil"
    Enhances "Divine Benison" effect III
    "Mystic Boon"
    Aftermath: Increases Magic Acc./Acc.
    Occasionally attacks twice

Yeah, I'll list Yagrush, because it does have respectable damage for the delay. However, it easily falls behind most options. Good thing it's useful for the back-lining part of WHM. The potential is better than Gambanteinn in a sense, but likely not as well, as unlike Dagan, Mystic Boon does damage, but you have to get 300% TP to trigger OAT. However, I think it'd make more sense to go after a better main weapon when it comes to meleeing, because you'll have Mystic Boon even without Yagrush.
    (1)

Character
    Binckry
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95
    Oh! Oh! Oh! I never knew this thread existed... <.< <3 Rya and Kya, meree whms!!
    I just got my Gamb yesterday, lvl 85... <3's it. And depending on how dyna changes go, I might work on a mjollnir myself. :P, I already have the club paper from beaucedine~
    (0)

Just out of curiosity what gear do you ws in as whm? I've yet to find a good str build for my whm.
    (0)
    Thanks for the lawls guise ~

MND build!
    (0)

Player
    Having STR, attack, and accuracy are more important than having MND, though I wouldn't neglect MND either.

There is a new piece of gear for melee WHMs:

Khthonios Mask Rare
    [Head] All Races
    DEF:24 Attack+14 "Store TP"+4 Haste+4% Converts 30 MP to HP
    LV 88 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH

...If only it had more haste.

Tefnut Wand Rare
    [Main] All Races
    DPS: 1167 DMG:42 Delay:216 MND+10 Healing magic skill +5 "Cure" potency +15%
    LV 87 WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH

An item for meleeing while not giving up much Cure potency if one desired not to give up much of it. Personally, I'd manage without it. :P Any serious WHM should have, or be working towards, a Surya's +2, and thus would never need this wand for back-lining. Besides, the base damage sucks.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fredjan; 05-11-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Character
    Mskala
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I like the Tefnut Wand for melee when you are still the only healer present. It's not the best dd option out there, but shove it in your off hand for extra cure potency is still nice.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    As much as I hate bumping something from the depths of darkness, I hate making new threads more.

We'll soon be getting Boost-STR (and all the woes of having to keep Enhancing Magic as high as possible, even when we aren't /SCH), and hopefully a very magic burst friendly Holy II.

Many mage jobs trying to follow in our footsteps are likely to get more of our Staff weapon skills then before, without having to sport any martial training, such as from the school of Blunt Force Trauma. More shockingly, all the lesser damage dealers are trying to get their hands on Hexa Strike, particularly Paladins and Warriors. Of course, this shall not come to pass, as only the deserving have inherited the training in multihit blunt force trauma.

As always, despite the occasional piece of bad news, times remain good for the masters of the beat stick.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Well something that I didn't see mentioned was an incredibly easy to get main hand hammer.

Molva Maul

Molva Maul RareExclusive
    (Club) All Races
    DMG: 65 Delay: 308
    Latent effect: "Randgrith"
    Lv. 85 WHM / SCH
    Now granted it's not as good as the Relic / Emp super hammers, but it's defiantly a solid contender for you main hand should you not have access to those uber hammers. Only 308 delay so pretty quick for it's base DMG. Combine it with the STR / Attack off hand one and you got yourself a solid combo for hexaing everything to death.

WHM faces a similar situation to RDM and BRD and to some extent BLU in that you've got low attack due to lack of godly gear. That extra 24.5 attack is going to make a noticeable difference.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Well something that I didn't see mentioned was an incredibly easy to get main hand hammer.

Molva Maul
    This was actually talked about earlier in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I might (very likely) get my hands on that fake relic that drops from that huge fish thing soon. As far as I know, that's the highest dmg non-relicmythicempy, but what should I offhand, and what other gear should I be on the lookout for?
    Personally, it is what I main hand currently, since Fistule is a big fat meanie. I am also working on a multihitter for offhand - I only wish I could merge one with one of the attack hammers.
    (0)

Character
    Borzuk
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Any of you guys ever Main Assist on WHM in Dynamis (before the fun-killing updates)?
    (0)
    Soul of a healer...
    ...heart of a warrior.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast