Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Ah I must have missed a couple episodes of "Bring back HNM" theater.

Also, I will take pumpkin pie. Or better yet my favorite. Carrot Cake.
    (0)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Stop crying and being mad ok. HNM were fun for me, also i asked a GM what "monopolizing" is andhe told me "monopolizing an NM is preventing other ppl from camping it" how someone would do that exactly is beyong me, all i could think of was how RMT held Guivre at entrance of Kuftal to block ppl from getting to Amemet or ppl holding Knight Crabs. So no, i did not monopolize anything, I claimed alot over unprepared competition because my peeps had skill. There will be HNMs in time, when idk, but im pretty sure there will be at least 1.
    (0)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If you boil down what natenn been saying he enjoys about HNM is the claiming part. Whick is FFXI only open PvP in the game. Since the NQs were not hard at all and the HQs were mildly challenging easy if you done it over and over a dozen times you know the mobs never changed. There was challenging fights to be had outside of ground KS99s were a lot harder then thier NQ conter parts and T4 ZNM provided a decent challenge and team work was needed.

What you should really be asking for is open world PvP server, then you could have all the fun you can handle with pop NMs. You would have to have a group just to fend off other groups while killing the NM. Really claiming the mob shouldn't be the hardest part of the fight. I want the mobs to be hard and rewarding not fight over claim and kill in 5 to 10 mins for a 1 -5% drop rate.
    (0)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    /sign me up
    (0)

~Party Rock Anthem~

The only way I can see a new HNM with a world time spawn is if its handled in a similar fashion to what Monster Frontier has done. Make the creature utterly massive so much that hordes of players could face it and make it so that any person can attack it at any point in time. Said creature of course would require ridiculous stats and what not and when the dust settles each person who participates in the battle is given a personal chest with items befitting their performance. IE spamming dia or some weak crap nets you a whole salt rock while doing a 1-2% of the creature's health or healing a significant amount of health lets you have a chance at loot that is worth while.

Edit: In addition limit the area the creature spawns in to 90s or something if people are worried about lowbies running in and doing such and such thing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rekin; 08-04-2011 at 06:33 AM.
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Character
    Qkan
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    It's highly doubtful that there will ever be another HNM that has similar spawning conditions to the "3 kings". There might be another Ixion/Sandworm roaming pops. There may even be Wym style with very limited predicatability, but there will not be the 200 people in a single zone type HNM.

Secondly, almost everyone hated camping HNMs. The only reason it was done was because there was no other way to obtain the loot dropped from them. And even then, unfortunately, the rates were too low to allow people to cycle through. So instead of doing it just a handful of times to get everyone the gear that they needed, you had people who killed it 200+ times over the years and received a single Ridill. Some killed it 5 times and have received 5 Ridills.

And no matter how much you want to believe you didn't, I'm willing to bet any amount of money someone in your LS was botting or had some way of making claim easier. And from what I remember, PS2 claiming was actually faster than PC because it prioritized NPC/Mobs over Players thus generally loaded just a hair faster. If you thought this was fun, you may like Abyssea. Go camp Tunga. He's about as hard as Fafnir was anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Lileth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    What it comes down to is this - Naten and many players like him enjoy c*ckblocking others.

I'm not judging. I have known and enjoyed this particular thrill myself - when on the winning side. On the losing side, not so much, naturally.

In the end, this is a philosophical question that has to be decided by SE- it's about what kind of game SE wants FFXI to be. Personally, I always felt that it was somewhat of an anomaly that a game that's designed around cooperative behavior in exping and missions would become so ultra-competitive at the end. But, it's SE's call in the end.
    (0)

Character
    Degenxerate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    I didnt read most of this thread because its pretty long and i'm pretty lazy. I'm just wondering why we cant have both? Why not leave king as World Spawns AND make them pop nm's? That way campers could get their rush and casuals could save up the seals/buy pop items and pop them. Has this ever been discussed? I mean looks at things like Adam/Aspi. That set of mobs may as well not even be in the game any more aside from maybe the random monk here or there that wants a black belt. If it was still a world spawn it would be almost guaranteed people would be doing that content. Is that really that bad of a thing to be able to do these as initially intended and many of us grew up on as well as having the option to fight them the new way? Anyways if this has already been discussed i'll show myself the out.
    (0)

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    If you boil down what natenn been saying he enjoys about HNM is the claiming part. Whick is FFXI only open PvP in the game. Since the NQs were not hard at all and the HQs were mildly challenging easy if you done it over and over a dozen times you know the mobs never changed. There was challenging fights to be had outside of ground KS99s were a lot harder then thier NQ conter parts and T4 ZNM provided a decent challenge and team work was needed.

What you should really be asking for is open world PvP server, then you could have all the fun you can handle with pop NMs. You would have to have a group just to fend off other groups while killing the NM. Really claiming the mob shouldn't be the hardest part of the fight. I want the mobs to be hard and rewarding not fight over claim and kill in 5 to 10 mins for a 1 -5% drop rate.
    actually no, AT FIRST, that was what he was saying, cause he was MASTER PS2 CLAIMING MACHINE that could outclaim any bot he wanted, then when we called him out on that, he went to the "challenge" of fafnir and the like, then when we called him out on that, he went to something else which we called him out on again, and it wasnt until midway through this thread he slipped up and said something about making gil off hnm's for relic weapons, i.e. he was farming hnm's and selling drops, now he cant do that anymore

btw, still waiting on those millions of players he knows on skype that will come back the second they announce more world spawn hnm's
    (0)
    In a world of milk and honey, there is no cake

Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I can outclaim bots with PS2, stop being mad and bashing HNMs they were the greatest part of the game. What are you gonna do when they come back? Come here and complain more? And stop bringing up kings they were stupid, SE not gonna make any more HNM with a 30x30 yalm pop area so cheaters can cluster 18 bots on top of pop spot to claim it, any more HNM will be like SW/DI with the same if not longer windows.

And who are you to say selling drops was bad? People still do it in abyssea are the bad? The people who farm gil off various non HNM things what about them? You saying anybody who wants gil is greedy and bad? GMs don't think so.

In my opinion and by checking out your profile on AH it is my opinion that you have no idea what you are saying, i think you just hate on the idea of HNM so you can obtain stuff faster. And since you think everyone bots then by your reasoning, everyone is on an equal playing field so why persist in the complaints? If i wanted everyone to be equal id go to a diff mmo
    (0)

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast