Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    Make medals change based on more than one thing; makes it pretty hard to manipulate meaningless thing for imaginary benefit then.

Maybe just make it reflect activity rather than a total of posts or likes.
    (1)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Not crazy about the like idea being linked to medallions... then again I'm not crazy about the medallions at all. If they are going to keep them maybe link them to something in game like playtime, levels, or missions.
    (5)

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    Not crazy about the like idea being linked to medallions... then again I'm not crazy about the medallions at all. If they are going to keep them maybe link them to something in game like playtime, levels, or missions.
    I like that idea best so far. Nice way to identify old timer FFXIers if linked to how long you've been a POL member.

You taru's get off my lawn!
    (3)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Yeahhhhh, link medallions to ingame death count! Or ballista medals would be kinda cool though ultimately pointless since hardly anyone does ballista anymore.
    (3)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Playtime would be nice if it was represented.
    (3)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    I don't care for medallions being linked to the number of likes.... that should be separate statistic. Let's not turn this into a popularity contest.

I do like the idea or representing game stats to forum statistics. This way, we get an idea of just how experienced the poster is, similar to FFXIAH.com's ranking system.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    I don't care for medallions being linked to the number of likes.... that should be separate statistic. Let's not turn this into a popularity contest.

I do like the idea or representing game stats to forum statistics. This way, we get an idea of just how experienced the poster is, similar to FFXIAH.com's ranking system.
    Nor do I. Linking Medallions to the like button only enables LS mates and other FF website hooligans the ability to like each others post regardless of the content to boost their medallion count. I would rather see medallions linked to accomplishments made in game. If medallions are to be separate from FF stats and only reflect forum interactions, then the only people that determine the accumulation of medallions should be the devs and community reps. Break out your reading glasses folks.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Cetra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95
    I know first hand how troublesome "playtime" can be. There are a variety of factors involved in determining how long a person has played the game, more so then just "when did you start?".
    a. you can't use in game /playtime as it is not a viable reference to how long a person has played (24/7 bazaars).
    b. you can't use initial date due to sporadic players who have played 1-11 months a year(or less) since they activated at launch.
    c. how do you judge a person's knowledge and experience in relation to a date they began to play, or amount of time they have played?

Back to the initial point of the post, post count is already listed, and abused.
    "Like"s may be abused, but are a little more challenging to do so. As I stated above, they are simply a better method to judge the reliability/usefulness of a person's post, nothing more.

And yes, they my be spammed by LS mates, but doesn't happen often. I know I've never asked or been asked to rate someone up, on any forum, ever since pol launch.
    (1)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cetra View Post
    I know first hand how troublesome "playtime" can be. There are a variety of factors involved in determining how long a person has played the game, more so then just "when did you start?".
    a. you can't use in game /playtime as it is not a viable reference to how long a person has played (24/7 bazaars).
    b. you can't use initial date due to sporadic players who have played 1-11 months a year(or less) since they activated at launch.
    c. how do you judge a person's knowledge and experience in relation to a date they began to play, or amount of time they have played?

Back to the initial point of the post, post count is already listed, and abused.
    "Like"s may be abused, but are a little more challenging to do so. As I stated above, they are simply a better method to judge the reliability/usefulness of a person's post, nothing more.

And yes, they my be spammed by LS mates, but doesn't happen often. I know I've never asked or been asked to rate someone up, on any forum, ever since pol launch.
    Chances are people with high "playtime" from bazaar's are either:

A: not posting here

B: were playing on another account while that mule sold their goods.

In any event the "like" "dislike" "report" feature used on many FFXI websites over the years has been so badly misused by trolls, and people with a chip on their shoulder towards who ever posted or created the thread that the results of those three options hardly ever truly reflect the intentions of the website creators.

Playtime on the other hand is static. Even if the account had seen limited usage from 03'-11' that player has witnessed the evolution of the game we're all playing. Relating forum medals/titles to ingame achievements seems more logical, and rewarding than encouraging people who have over 9000 post count who chime in on anything, and everything somehow thinking that in itself is some sort of achievement.
    (1)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast