Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Again a matter of opinion. This seriousness of progression is one thing that attracted me, and was, in fact, something that people praised over other games. That feeling is now fading, I noticed I don't play nearly as much as I used to I just hang out and wait for people shouting for help, because there's hardly anything that feels worth the effort (I'm on here a lot more than the actual game lately).

actually it is fact that people are in a stagnant progression. I don't think that anyone who played EQ1 at the start can deny that it was insanely hard in comparison to FFXI. People tend to forget this and think FFXI is the only truly hard mmo. Which amazes me. Yet, Sony changed the game as time changed. The game is, iirc, 3 years older than FFXI, and has see na lot more major changes. I can't give hard numbers (that once chart that put subscriptions of mmos proved to be greatly false 'cause they based if off of forum activities), but with 14 servers, and 1 type of server overflowing to the point they had to add another, says to me they were a lot smarter about how to keep players playing.

They also in the beginning had a very stagnant progression (eq2 even at the start), but both have built their progression a lot better without it being Wow-fast. Progressing to some degree gives people something new to do. But when only 10% get to keep doing those new things while the 90% are still stuck doing content 6 years old, then it's pretty safe to say you're going to start loosing subscribers at a much higher rate.
    (1)

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    How did you find the content they added last update, the non abyssea new stuff? I would rather more stuff thats good and proven successful than new stuff that might be pushed out by the old dev team/ideas that ends up sucking.

At the time the old type content was good (talking about Salvage etc) but that stuff won't fly after Abyssea anymore, even moreso given that all the best endgame content they made previously was done by a small portion of the playerbase while Abyssea is pretty much for everyone. It wouldn't even cost that much to Abyssea..ize some other zones, the terrain is the same..the monsters pretty much the same, the abyssea mechanics engine is there.

If you want challenges they can be done in Abyssea, make zones or mobs where you can't use brews or even make a handful of god tier NM's that are really tough, even with all the crazy buffs.
    I enjoyed the void walker stuff, but the alternating stagger key item shouldn't be restricted to that ... I'm 99% certain that all monsters follow the same system. I just fear to see what they're doing with anything else they update, they made it so you can do dynamis more often but they made the currency worse... think if they changed salvage where you don't get alex or 35s unless you have the correct random job combo? I personally enjoyed having gear that a lot of the player base didn't get but dreamed of getting, having the different between quality and epeen gear made the players look less cookie cutter, and, especially with salvage gear, you knew the person usually put in a large bit of effort. I want more job versatility where you aren't required to have a job to do a list of things give drg something to do or maybe any other job that isn't there to either fill mp or make the monster stop doing something. Voidwalkers was a half step in the correct direction, but I'd still love some Hyper Notorious Monsters that will wipe people for months on end but not be impossible visa vi AV
    (0)
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    I know the story arc for Abyssea is over, however given just how popular it has been, how many players it has brought back AND how many people bought 2nd accounts to play both chars on this content it would be kinda silly not to add more Abyssea type zones.

A lot of serious XI players now have bought, leveled and continue to pay for unique subs on alt accounts. This is mainly due to Abyssea type content where atmas make using 2 chars at once a decent prospect. Although it would be good to see more difficult party/alliance content I think it would be a big mistake to not add more of this type of Abyssea stuff and indeed not see it as the most important part of current FFXI(people will cancel these alt accounts if there is no further reason for them) and most content hardcore players like will be a turnoff to almost everyone else.

In a game with lilmited appeal to new gamers it makes sense to not lose on all these additional subscriptions players are going into, there is plenty of room for new Abyssea copy zones. If number of zones is a problem remake certain useless zones into Aby ones.

So yeah Abyssea is the most important content for everyone and looking at the next 12 month content I think it will continue to be, not expanding on Abyssea I think will be a big mistake.
    I agree with OP here.
    I am having a lot of fun with the abyssea contents however, I want more contents like abyssea but at least a little different than abyssea to make it different and still make it accessible for majority of players to enjoy and be challenged with. I welcome storyline and new areas to explore but I do not wish for reskin Zones if possible.

As long as we can get things done in a reasonable rate and not have to give our life for the game to progress, Im a happy gamer. =)
    (0)
    1. True Gamers plays to have fun.
    2. True Gamers don't play to waste time.
    3. True Gamers Aren't wasting time if they enjoy the contents they play while progressing.
    4. Gamers Love to see progression based on time/effort they put into challenges.
    5. Gamers plays for challenging Elements, and Wants more Enjoyable contents.
    6. Gamers don't play for Time Sink Elements, and Don't want A game to be a Chore!
    All Gamers Unite!

hmm i havent finished abyssea... does it warrant more zones? or should it just be left as-is?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
    hmm i havent finished abyssea... does it warrant more zones? or should it just be left as-is?
    What do you mean "Warrant"?
    I was hoping for new zones like abyssea lol
    (0)
    1. True Gamers plays to have fun.
    2. True Gamers don't play to waste time.
    3. True Gamers Aren't wasting time if they enjoy the contents they play while progressing.
    4. Gamers Love to see progression based on time/effort they put into challenges.
    5. Gamers plays for challenging Elements, and Wants more Enjoyable contents.
    6. Gamers don't play for Time Sink Elements, and Don't want A game to be a Chore!
    All Gamers Unite!

It's awesome to hear that so many of you are enjoying all of the current Abyssea content and are craving more!

We spoke to the development team about whether new Abyssea zones would be added, but they said that they currently do not have any plans of doing so. No need to fret though, as there is still a ton of great content on the way as outlined in the road map!
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Fearforever
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    It's awesome to hear that so many of you are enjoying all of the current Abyssea content and are craving more!

We spoke to the development team about whether new Abyssea zones would be added, but they said that they currently do not have any plans of doing so. No need to fret though, as there is still a ton of great content on the way as outlined in the road map!
    that's a shame

Future Abyssea expansions would make nice to go along with Lv95 & 99 content, a place to upgrade our Empyrean weapons to their 95 and 99 versions & maybe AF3+3 and +4 would be sweet also ^^
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    We spoke to the development team about whether new Abyssea zones would be added, but they said that they currently do not have any plans of doing so.
    Good then.
    (10)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

And there's still an open ended mission at the end.
    (1)

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    That stinks. I gotta' admit I really enjoy abyssea.
    (0)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast