Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    It's not really a "job ability" because it can be on all the time, and has no downsides at all. Might as well just make WAR gain permanent access to the WSes at level 90.

Maybe it could work if it had some solid drawbacks, wore off after using a single WS, and had a longer recast.
    ------
    Well it's still a JA though, but I know what you mean Besides, I think I meant to say the Addendums White and Black ^^ Both you and Shadowgabriel bring up a interesting point though. Although, again, I'm not proposing this JA in regards to Abyssea triggering, which the single use would make perfect sense. Especially since you could miss that single ws and be shafted for 2mins or more waiting for the /recast to cooldown. I would be ok with maybe 2-3 uses perhaps before losing access to all the ws's and having to wait 2 mins until you could use it again. That still sounds fair to me.
    (0)
    Last edited by kingfury; 03-10-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Player
    While it is a pretty good idea I think that since War's are the kings of Parses there really doesn't need to be anything added. Having war's able to proc most all ws's really doesn't do much for a end game player. I guess soloing/dual boxing it would help but we have a ton of stuff that is simply amazing. I just don't seen a point to having all of the ws's unless it is for procing and even then it would be a stretch.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfrost View Post
    While it is a pretty good idea I think that since War's are the kings of Parses there really doesn't need to be anything added. Having war's able to proc most all ws's really doesn't do much for a end game player. I guess soloing/dual boxing it would help but we have a ton of stuff that is simply amazing. I just don't seen a point to having all of the ws's unless it is for procing and even then it would be a stretch.
    ------
    Say wha'zit?! Nothing needs to be added??! >< lol No thanks! I've had my full share of updates where WAR got nothing(or nothing great lol), so I'd have to disagree with you there friend lol. Plus, damage output isn't the topic here lol and AGAIN I'll say that Abyssea is NOT the reason I put together this proposed JA lol. I know it may sound like it since triggering Red and Blue is a large part of a WARs life right now due to Abyssea, but my concern is the natural progression of WARs abilities The point of gaining access to all the standard, and possible quested weapon skills, would be to make sense of having access and very efficient skill lvls in 13 usable weapons ^^; so no "stretch" here.
    ---------
    Anywho, thanks to the great feedback from everyone, I've made some edits that I think sound pretty fair:

Recast: *Edit* 4mins
    Duration: *Edit* 2(maybe 3) successful (weapon skill hits target. If the ws misses the target, the weapon skill charge will not be consumed) weapon skill charges. The possibility of a 3rd weapon skill charge could be random similar to how Seigan + Third Eye works, but at least 2 charges will be guaranteed. An Icon displaying the active JA would disappear once the ws charges have been consumed. The 2-3 ws charges will remain active for up to 2 mins if not used before wearing off.
    (0)
    Last edited by kingfury; 03-10-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Character
    Ragmar
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    5 min recast 3 min duration to go with berserk and aggressor cause why not lol. It's not game breaking at all and tbh wouldnt likely get much use. WAR's aren't going to abandon GA's to wield scythes so they can use guillotine 3/5 minutes. Why not ... because we do more DMG already with our GA's and would do more than with a Scythe still. It'd be fun and totally in line with job progression. NB4 WAR Tachi: Fudo (I dont think I can support relic/mythic/emp WS's) but WSNM not a prob. The most useful I could see this would be 2 WAR swappaing usage of another weapons WS to create skillchains but lets be real when was the last non solo skillchain you saw that was planned out. When I low man WHM MNK THF BLU BLM we often chain light to distortion using MNK BLU THF and BLM MB its a lot of fun to take 50% of the mobs HP after proc but I dont see others doing this ever anymore. I even get /tells asking "how did you do that!!!" from the aby only crowd.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragmar View Post
    5 min recast 3 min duration to go with berserk and aggressor cause why not lol. It's not game breaking at all and tbh wouldnt likely get much use. WAR's aren't going to abandon GA's to wield scythes so they can use guillotine 3/5 minutes. Why not ... because we do more DMG already with our GA's and would do more than with a Scythe still. It'd be fun and totally in line with job progression. NB4 WAR Tachi: Fudo (I dont think I can support relic/mythic/emp WS's) but WSNM not a prob. The most useful I could see this would be 2 WAR swappaing usage of another weapons WS to create skillchains but lets be real when was the last non solo skillchain you saw that was planned out. When I low man WHM MNK THF BLU BLM we often chain light to distortion using MNK BLU THF and BLM MB its a lot of fun to take 50% of the mobs HP after proc but I dont see others doing this ever anymore. I even get /tells asking "how did you do that!!!" from the aby only crowd.
    -----
    Lol it's true that many still don't understand how to get the most out of skillchains, it's unfortunate, but true ^^;
    ---
    Well, in response to "WAR's aren't going to abandon GA's to wield scythes so they can use guillotine", I say part of that reason is because most (and I mean like damn near every WAR that I've known lol) WARs rarely ever take the time to actually procure the highest dmg'ing non "Main job" weapon and REALLY test the limits of what they can do with it. I'm talking OUTSIDE Abyssea testing of course lol, and when I say testing the limits I mean like pushing for 1k+ dmg (or more) with any weapon skill. Why would a WAR put down a GA if they don't have experience pushing the limits of any other weapon? They wouldn't lol.
    ----
    A+ weapons are pretty easy to do dmg with, you just point and shoot and BOOSH. Non Main-job weapons take a bit of testing to get the most out of them. A good example test that I did a few months back was successfully clearing 1k dmg with Combo more than once lol. Then testing to see what I could skillchain together to push it further.
    ----
    "Why would I do that when I can use a GA", is what most folks would ask, unfortunately lol. I just laugh, and say you're one of those people that would question,"Why would I ride a bike when I have a car?" It's about enjoying the freedom of choice and variety not just being the best at one weapon. You should strive to get the most out of any selected weapon option ^^ That's what a WAR is, VARIETY and CHOICE. I consider it VERY limited that some jobs like WHM can only wield like 4 weapons, and have to be stuck using their Main weapon only if they want to do any kind of moderate melee dmg. That's just not fun in my eyes ,though it's perfectly fine for others.
    -----
    I would say given the opportunity to test all the new possibilities that this JA would open up, it would be completely up the user to make the most use out of it. Which would help clearly distinguish even more so a professional WAR from an inexperienced-standard WAR. An inexperienced WAR would do well to just focus on Abyssea triggers with it, and GA and Axe until they put time into mastering the other weapons. I'm almost certain a pro WAR would bring new light to most all of the under appreciated ws's that most other jobs neglect due to just plain o'l misunderstanding of how to use them. Either way it would be a blast in my opinion ^^
    (0)
    Last edited by kingfury; 03-11-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I had a similar idea but not war restricted:
    <skill> mastery merit (2lvl): lower 'weapon skills rank' by 1
    (wsr 1= all job , wsr2 sub job need, wsr3 main job needed ex hexa strike is wsr3 (whm main only) with one point in club mastery it became wsr2 ( active /whm)with 2 point wsr1 (all job available))

on your idea instead off limiting in #WS just limit to the curently equiped weapon
    5min recast/duration, switch weapon cancel it
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    @ Hiko: That would be interesting
    (0)

Player
    Man KingFury I respect your passion for adding new War stuff and for that I hope they add some cool things. I was merely trying to say that compared to other jobs WAR has been given A LOT. If they did end up letting us use all the cool weapon skills it would definitely be fun to play with.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfrost View Post
    Man KingFury I respect your passion for adding new War stuff and for that I hope they add some cool things. I was merely trying to say that compared to other jobs WAR has been given A LOT. If they did end up letting us use all the cool weapon skills it would definitely be fun to play with.
    --------
    Thanks Redfrost and I have to agree that WAR has received lots of stuff over the years, but some of the stuff was just... y'know... meh lol. Some was ground breaking like Sekkanoki(was kind've an indirect non-WAR JA gift lol but great none the less), but even after seeing how nice Restraint can boost dmg, it's just not very practical to use during fast pace battles. I just hope my suggestion sparks some thought amongst the Dev team is all. If they can make it more fair than even I'm proposing, I'll be a happy camper lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by kingfury; 03-11-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Restraint is just as good in fast pace battles as drawn out ones. It's effectiveness is based on the number of hits between weaponskills, not the rate at which you build TP. There's nothing impractical about it.

Again, this is an absurdly stupid idea. Just another thread asking for SE to break a job they like to play.
    (0)

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast