Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96

"Double Cast"

5 Min recast.
    Gives the same effect as "Chainspell" but only for two spells.

Discuss.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Raxiaz View Post
    5 Min recast.
    Gives the same effect as "Chainspell" but only for two spells.

Discuss.
    It doesn't actually let us "do" anything we couldn't already do except double MB T4 nukes.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    You could raise 2 people quickly. Or I'd pop it before reraise so I'm not caught casting it when someone needs a cure. I usually try to reapply during downtime when it's still up, but occasionally get caught without it.

I'd prefer a job trait that allows simultaneous casting of at least two spells at once at all times, with normal casting time (modified by FC of course). I know that's the traditional suggestion for Doublecast and it's often criticized as impossible to implement, but I never buy that. It would cut down on time spent buffing, if you're cycling refresh and haste anyway. It would also give RDM the unique ability to not worry about what else might happen after they start casting something long like raise/reraise.

The big issue would be equip swaps. If I see the need to emergency cure while casting a tier IV nuke, I'd still be tempted to wait until the nuke was finished so I don't get it off with Surya's on. This would be a potential problem with lots of spell combos.
    (1)

This is one of those things imo that would be "nice" to have but is far from needed especially in the face of a lot of issues that plagues Rdm at the moment. There are a lot of "needs" that need to be added before we hit the train wreck waiting for us at 99.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    This is one of those things imo that would be "nice" to have but is far from needed especially in the face of a lot of issues that plagues Rdm at the moment. There are a lot of "needs" that need to be added before we hit the train wreck waiting for us at 99.
    Agreed. Still think it would cool and mildly useful, but I'd go for something like ManaKing's Firesword/Icesword first. I always thought Runic would be good for this. The Runic JA would absorb the next elemental spell cast by the RDM, a mob or a party member, then lets you unleash its power with enhanced damage on your next WS. Ideally you'd be able to double just the nuke power with the release, in addition to the WS damage. You could use your own nuke, or a SCH or BLM in the party could enhance your damage by providing a higher tier spell for absorption than the RDM could.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    Agreed. Still think it would cool and mildly useful, but I'd go for something like ManaKing's Firesword/Icesword first. I always thought Runic would be good for this. The Runic JA would absorb the next elemental spell cast by the RDM, a mob or a party member, then lets you unleash its power with enhanced damage on your next WS. Ideally you'd be able to double just the nuke power with the release, in addition to the WS damage. You could use your own nuke, or a SCH or BLM in the party could enhance your damage by providing a higher tier spell for absorption than the RDM could.
    that'd also be a pretty interesting way for a blm to nuke hard without gaining any hate.
    (1)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    that'd also be a pretty interesting way for a blm to nuke hard without gaining any hate.
    Actually a very good point. I would love to be able to take magical hate for other mages. I take damage well enough and I can cure myself.
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    "double cast" seems overpowered. I think a 10min recast like "seals" more appropriate. However, I'd go with "quicken cast". Ideally, use of this job ability would push the level of "fast cast" to a +1 or +2 effect. For example, tier 1 fast cast at whatever level would be considered tier 2 or 3. What's the finally tier IV or V? Either way, they would become tier V-VII give a take a tier depending on how quick this /JA ability worked.
    Yes, admittedly subbing scholar would give this same effect but then a redmage would be locked down to that sub job.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    "double cast" seems overpowered. I think a 10min recast like "seals" more appropriate. However, I'd go with "quicken cast". Ideally, use of this job ability would push the level of "fast cast" to a +1 or +2 effect. For example, tier 1 fast cast at whatever level would be considered tier 2 or 3. What's the finally tier IV or V? Either way, they would become tier V-VII give a take a tier depending on how quick this /JA ability worked.
    Yes, admittedly subbing scholar would give this same effect but then a redmage would be locked down to that sub job.
    A RDM more or less has double-cast at least in getting -50~% casting reduction. All Double Cast would allow is to do the same thing twice, so it's not really in anyway overpowered.
    (0)

Character
    Zemzerrett
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I've been suggesting this for ages. As another alternative a Job Ability that lets you cast a spell, but after the spell is cast sets the recast timer of that spell to 0:00 allowing you to cast that same spell immediately again. A derivative of my last idea, instead of having it as a Job Ability, have it has a Job Trait - working like Conserve MP, etc.
    (0)
    Finishing the work which is not made through thoughtless human conclusion.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast