Thread: "Double Cast"

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxiaz View Post
    And IMO, Cure IV + III instantly, makes RDM more of a viable healer next to WHM. Particularly in abyssea. Though I gotta admit, it still wouldn't be enough.
    WHy not just use cure4 + cure4?

And also, why the next TWO spells? elemental/divine seal and sch stratagems only apply to the next spell, Casting one spell instantly, then being able to immediately cast it again normally is more like double cast to me. Instant + Instant + regular sounds like triple cast.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    "double cast" seems overpowered. I think a 10min recast like "seals" more appropriate. However, I'd go with "quicken cast". Ideally, use of this job ability would push the level of "fast cast" to a +1 or +2 effect. For example, tier 1 fast cast at whatever level would be considered tier 2 or 3. What's the finally tier IV or V? Either way, they would become tier V-VII give a take a tier depending on how quick this /JA ability worked.
    Yes, admittedly subbing scholar would give this same effect but then a redmage would be locked down to that sub job.
    A RDM more or less has double-cast at least in getting -50~% casting reduction. All Double Cast would allow is to do the same thing twice, so it's not really in anyway overpowered.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    WHy not just use cure4 + cure4?

And also, why the next TWO spells? elemental/divine seal and sch stratagems only apply to the next spell, Casting one spell instantly, then being able to immediately cast it again normally is more like double cast to me. Instant + Instant + regular sounds like triple cast.
    It's not actually instant cast x2. There is still the delay from the casting animation. It would still take up time. Not as much time as some spells take to cast, but certainly faster than twice. The only thing triple about it is the recast. But if you think about it, you could cast Ultima 5 turns in a row in old FFs.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    It's not actually instant cast x2. There is still the delay from the casting animation. It would still take up time. Not as much time as some spells take to cast, but certainly faster than twice. The only thing triple about it is the recast. But if you think about it, you could cast Ultima 5 turns in a row in old FFs.
    DoubleCast should only have an increased duration after the ability is used. The main use was casting to spells perfectly in sync. Taking away the ability to do the same spell twice weakens the effect.

That said, I'd only double the recast duration, not triple.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    If you don't get the recast reset on the 2nd spell it's not a big deal. This subject is definitely in the list of icing, in that it is nice, but is nothing without the cake.

This can't be the only buff that RDM is looking forward to.
    (0)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    Looks like SE is going to give RDMs an ability similar to "Double Cast." Looking good, SE... looking good. <3
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4