Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Can the abyssea debate come to an end?

Last edited by Miiyo; 10-31-2012 at 05:49 AM.
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

We really don't need a new thread every other day about how abyssea needs to be capped, do we?
    Every third day then?
    (5)

Character
    Sephyderx
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95
    You pretty much hit the nail on the head here with your post i think. I for one do not leech my jobs as my main way of leveling. I did leech NIN and plan to Leech THF and possibly lolWAR, but those jobs only to 50 because i only plan on using them as subjobs, or to run around in a dangerous area doing BS quests lol. BLU MNK and BLM i have been leveling mainly solo, still doing the (somewhat)Oldskool grind leveling, its just my preference. Beacuse those 3 are the jobs im going to be doing endgame events with and such.

I will say that i think that those who do leech (especially their first job to cap) need to take a break every now and then and learn to play the job properly. I asked a lv 80RDM to help with a quest not realizing they they leeched, to skip to the end of the scenario. i wound up dead cause he did not know how to cure me from an AOE and when i died he couldn't even raise me. that i think is just rediculous.
    (2)
    3MAR2021- Returning looking for a linkshell.
    My main two jobs i play are MNK(95) and BLU(80). Casual player who likes events.
    Eastern US timezone. usually on after 8pm.
    ******OLD pre-2012 Signature Saved for Posterity********

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    Every third day then?
    Rog. I give you and only you permission to do so. I think that'd be an improvement.
    (2)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Deal.

(0)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Miiyo View Post
    We really don't need a new thread every other day about how abyssea needs to be capped, do we?

Abyssea leeching is what it is. It's a way to eliminate being forced to grind. Some of you keep whining about how you wish for abyssea to be limited so that you can grind. What I'm registering is "wahhh, SE! No one wants to play the way I want them to. Please forcibly make them succumb to play I want them to play!" I don't understand this when you can go grind to your hearts content all by yourself. If it is a "problem" getting people to level in parties, a sensible person would perceive that the majority simply does not want to do original, party-style grinding for 90 levels.

And I applaud you on posting how proud you are of leeching 60 Levels.

Kind of hypocritical to assert that we're crying babies, when your entire post is practically the same thing, defending leeching as well as you can. And unless you've been living under a rock the past year, they have changed Leveling from 1~75 dramatically so it resembles nothing of the "old grind days".

And we're not crying because players like you want to sit around AFK and be spoon-fed EXP. We're saying that it destroys game content that was made for a reason. Content that will then eventually require MORE work for it to be recycled. You even say this in another thread, and I'll gladly quote you:

Quote Originally Posted by Miiyo View Post
    [COLOR=red]Also part of the... "example" you showed was this: "...a VAST and complex story, lots of areas to explore and quests to do, tons of jobs to play, etc."
    Even pre-Abyssea alot of zones were not being used. It was basically a waste of memory and space. Space they're trying to recycle. Yes the world is vast. What does that matter if 60%+ of it isn't being used. What does it matter that it has a ton of quests to do if people have already done them and don't care to do them again? Did I mention your really did not pick a good example?

It matters because people aren't playing in Vana'diel anymore, they're playing in Abyssea. Creating expansion area's that make over 70% of the rest of the games content completely obsolete, is called poor game design and is very amateurish when it comes to creating MMORPG's. Poor game design, is what this post and my other thread boil down to.

And you describe the old world FFXI as if it was a horrific hell-hole, that appealed to nobody.

Im sure FFXI was such a terrible game in the past, as many people such as yourself have made it out to be. It was SO terrible in fact, people continued to pay their subscription fee, buy new expansions and enjoy meeting new friends. So why don't you just stop with the argument about how crappy things were in the past and how much better they are now, because we all know the first two sentences of this paragraph are blatant BS.

The truth of the matter, is that FFXI is tumbling downhill steadily. And at the bottom of that hill, is a steaming pile of rotting garbage ready and waiting with open arms, to cushion us softly from an otherwise devastating crash.

Well... A cushion to help lessen the blow is nice. But after all that's said and done, people will eventually realize that they've been wadding around up to their knees in stinking trash content, with more reasons to complain than ever before.

@Square-Enix: Raising the LvCap to 70 or 75 for Abyssea would prove in the end to be more beneficial, even if you think it would infuriate a portion of the player base. They'll get over it and realize it was for the better.
    (3)
    Last edited by Akujima; 05-21-2011 at 03:07 AM.
    悪島 Where the spirit of the moon resides... 気 愛 月光

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephyder View Post
    You pretty much hit the nail on the head here with your post i think. I for one do not leech my jobs as my main way of leveling. I did leech NIN and plan to Leech THF and possibly lolWAR, but those jobs only to 50 because i only plan on using them as subjobs, or to run around in a dangerous area doing BS quests lol. BLU MNK and BLM i have been leveling mainly solo, still doing the (somewhat)Oldskool grind leveling, its just my preference. Beacuse those 3 are the jobs im going to be doing endgame events with and such.

I will say that i think that those who do leech (especially their first job to cap) need to take a break every now and then and learn to play the job properly. I asked a lv 80RDM to help with a quest not realizing they they leeched, to skip to the end of the scenario. i wound up dead cause he did not know how to cure me from an AOE and when i died he couldn't even raise me. that i think is just rediculous.
    You spelled ridiculous wrong. On topic I agree with og post.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Akujima - has it ever occurred to you that you could just quit the game instead of making overly dramatic whiny posts about how terrible the game is now? Has it ever occurred to you that other people don't necessarily like the same things you like (or liked, rather) about the game? Has any of the old content been taken away, as in removed from the game? Is anyone telling you that you absolutely can't do Ballista/Einherjar/Limbus/sea/salvage/sky/oldfashioned exp parties?

I agree with the OP, some of you anti-abyssea people really do give the impression of being children throwing tantrums on the floor because you don't get your way.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    Akujima - has it ever occurred to you that you could just quit the game instead of making overly dramatic whiny posts about how terrible the game is now?
    I think you want me to quit because my points are well thought out and spoken. Seems like I struck a chord with my Abyssea LvCap thread. If that wasn't the case, it wouldn't warrant over 100+ replies and various counter-threads.
    (2)
    Last edited by Akujima; 05-21-2011 at 03:26 AM.
    悪島 Where the spirit of the moon resides... 気 愛 月光

I'll keep it short & sweet. I have had the game since around 2004. I had all the content except the moogle story stuff / Abbyssea up until that new package came out this past week. I have been going into Abby since I bought it.

Before i had these expansions, I was pissed at the world. Pissed that people were able to obtain what could have taken me 2 years, in 2-3 days. Every time a LS mate would say, "Im going to leech!" I would get pissed and start to grind them about knowing their job and etc.

Now, that I have the expansions, I have had the chance to see what benefits Abby really has. It is such a weight off of the shoulders to not have to grind for months/years to reach maximum potential. I think the main key here is, if you do leech, be responible enough to go skill up and get where you are useful outside of Abby (or even inside). As long as the player maintains the character by skilling, buying their spells, etc then abby could have been the best thing to happen to this game.

All in all, there are people who will ruin this because they aren't going to skill up. But we can all make this for the best IF we take care of our own business.

Enjoy!~
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast