Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Akujima View Post
    Dude, I Leveled THF 1-75 in about 2~ months. And I still had to do Genkai, and was doing other quests, leveled subjobs(for utsusemi and telep-scrolls to sell) and sometimes crafting on the side.

How? I made my own PT's.
    So did I, but then again if every 6 people make their own parties everyone will end up with 1 person in their party.

I leveled MNK WAR and BLU making my own parties, but right now it's harder than ever when you can just fork up 500k to get a job to 90.

BLU took me probably 40 hours.
    1-10 wherever,
    10-20 dunes,
    20-37 qufim,
    37-54 E Ronf [S]
    54-67 Wajaom
    67-74 Caedarva
    74-fully merited Bhaflau

The others were done pre-level sync.
    (0)
    Last edited by Leonlionheart; 05-19-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    Before anyone says anything about Abyssea ruining old exp, I think any veteran can tell you that MNK DRK DRG or any non WHM BLM BRD COR WAR SAM PLD NIN job had to wait, sometimes for as long as two weeks, for an exp party.

You should probably thank SE that you get to skip that.
    Maybe pre-ToAU (I'm assuming you're talking post ToAU 'cuz you mentioned COR), but NIN PLD & BLM (and WHM sometimes had competition with RDM) definitely had hard times getting into a meripo >.>

But yeah, people are spoiled and they don't know what SE has done for the EXP system! They reduced the EXP needed to like 60+ (or something around there) a ton and ToAU was the best thing to ever happen. I remember doing Bibiki Bay, moon gate, and Sky mobs and being happy to hit 8k exp an hour lol (and this was before EXP rings). Eventually unlocking Lufaise Meadows made things easier.

Old EXP is not even comparable to today, but it was always fun. I don't think the game delivers that kind of experience anymore so I hear the OP on 65~ being terrible.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dekoda; 05-20-2014 at 05:54 AM.
    Siren -- 99 THF / RNG / COR / BRD / BST / PLD / NIN / SCH / PUP
    [http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/6834-To-the-Devs-Character-Transfer-Service]
    Support this thread!

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Meripos are a different story @_@ if you're not WAR, SAM, RDM, BRD, or COR you're not doing it right.
    (0)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekoda View Post
    I remember doing Bibiki Bay, moon gate, and Sky mobs and being happy to hit 8k exp an hour lol (and this was before EXP rings).
    Im not attacking your post or anything. But I just want to touch on this little point.

If people were already happy with getting 8~10k EXP an hour... Why would SE go and take that happiness away, by adding ways to make 15k+ an hour? It seems like they just turned that happiness into frustration...
    (0)
    悪島 Where the spirit of the moon resides... 気 愛 月光

Character
    Zyeriis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    I had such a hard time getting lolibri (merit or otherwise) parties on DRG /sarcasm. You're list is quite skewed. BLMs didn't have it easy, least not until WotG, party wise (post ToAU). WHMs got party invites after level 41 (post ToAU)? Thats news to me.

You're right about MNK and DRK though.
    (2)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Akujima View Post
    Im not attacking your post or anything. But I just want to touch on this little point.

If people were already happy with getting 8~10k EXP an hour... Why would SE go and take that happiness away, by adding ways to make 15k+ an hour? It seems like they just turned that happiness into frustration...
    It's not that people were happy with it, but rather that they had no other options. It was just playing the game, and now you can play the game the same way you did then or you can rush it and get to end game as fast as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyeriis View Post
    I had such a hard time getting lolibri (merit or otherwise) parties on DRG /sarcasm. You're list is quite skewed. BLMs didn't have it easy, least not until WotG, party wise (post ToAU). WHMs got party invites after level 41 (post ToAU)? Thats news to me.

You're right about MNK and DRK though.
    As for BLMs, just level sync Qufim to 75. I had a hard time not accepting invites there, BLM burns were better exp than anything as far as I'm concerned.

DRG still couldn't get close to what SAM could do in meripos. If a SAM or WAR was available, who in their right mind would invite a DRG?

WHM has the same deal as BLM, except with East Ronf [S] parties. RDM cant main heal there, and generally don't accept parties there because no refresh/convert.
    (1)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Bst has never been a job that got flooded with party invites anyway, and I don't think it was any easier for those lvling bst pre-abyssea. Everyone I know with bst, soloed/duoed their way to 75, so if you don't want to leech in abyssea then I guess you're just going to have to grin and bear it as far as soloing goes.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Field_Manual
    (one example, you could be tearing up Cape Teriggan atm... when it isn't overcrowded, probly make 10k an hour with little effort--more with xp band)

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Grounds_Tome
    This has some potential--Sandy Sewer, CN, etc look good on paper, but it all depends on placement of the books and the mobs. I did some tinkiering in Zeruhn for skillups (which came nicely), but it was a lot of running around to get to the mobs whcih resulted in rather slow xp potential.

as for Bastion....sub WHM so you can buff/cure NPC's and the structures (if you buff them while they countdown is going, you get a chunk of xp when first mob dies). Bastion does have strong potential for quick chunks of xp. I was hitting 6-13k in one wave as a DRK/WHM....forget just what level I was at the time--dread spikes and AOE's ftw. DRG is another good one (pet jobs in general can do well). I ran DRG/WHM from 65-66 one afternoon just hitting Bastion while spamming quests in Vunkerl. Wasn't a partial ding either... I dinged 65 (was close to it) AND dinged 66 in there.

Check the state of the resistance before you warp out there. When it's getting close, head to zone and check with sergeant for the status of each front. You may see multiple waves are on the way. If there will be a wait after the pending wave---run a resistance op and then zone and wait a bit before checking in with the seargent again. eventually, you get a feel for how long it takes for a front to hit 100% and advance. When the day changes--RUN ANOTHER OP. Running these ops ramp up either the offensive/defensive state of the NPC's/structures, thus resulting in more mobs killed and more xp per wave. Ops also net you cruor and resistance points you need as well (some ops will nab you 1k cruor a pop). Completeing successful Bastions also increase various features of the zone making normal xp and farming better--it can increase cruor yields per kill, raise the stat boosts from cruor buffs, speed up xp progression, reduce cost of confluxes, raise frequency of chest pops, and enhances treasure yields.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

You're a beast at that level? I did campaign 65-72, although you can TRY to do pages in Terrigan. It was always so crowded that I had trouble finding pets when I was that level, and we didn't have FoV at the time. Once you hit 72 you want to be in sky, there's a page with flamingos and magic pots that is easy, makes $ (pot fragments sell well), keeps skill up (helpful if you campaigned) and will get you a truckload of tabs.

Campaign is a pain for beast, there aren't many zones with decent pets, near the stronghold at least. Jugner, I almost lived there. Tigers, although ladybugs are better they are also a longer walk to get.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesh View Post
    Sesh gives good advice
    thx for reply man^^
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast