Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    It's surprising to me that they don't get how many people would use this.
    Yeah, they would make so much money. One of my friends alone changes race like 10x+ a week in FFXIV and I know he'd do it in XI too haha.
    (1)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm sad enough that I'd change to a female character just so I could get that one additional San d'Orian quest title that male characters can't...
    (1)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesil View Post
    Yeah, they would make so much money. One of my friends alone changes race like 10x+ a week in FFXIV and I know he'd do it in XI too haha.
    I honestly do not know anyone this indecisive. But you've really got to have a ton of disposable income to want to change your character (outside of glamour) once a day or more. I know one or two people who change it every week or two, but none more than that. I've only changed twice- using up the fantasias I got for free - when the Au Ra came out and when Hrothgar came out (Was super happy to finally see a less humany-race become available in the game, which is wh y I went with Galka in XI- but the roegadyn, despite being based on the Galka, did away with the things that made me like the race which is why I switched the first time.

You'd think after enough daily character changes they'd find a setup they'd fall in love with.
    (0)

Player
    People don't know what hyperbole is online.

Worth adding of course that something like this would not just be to change form one race to another but head swaps / hair swaps too. It would also usher in the possibility of unique hair styles and those would be used a lot more than race swaps.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    No one is going to be a beauty pageant winner in Vana'diel. lol

My friends from FFXIV change their characters all the time yet mine hasn't changed. It's such a trauma I feel sorry for them. I like my white hair. She is so exotic.

If anything that helps FFXI I am all for it.
    (0)

Player
    Please find a way to add this to the game, there are plenty of ways to add this that are not requiring of a complex UI and automated system being added. Think outside of the box to add this to the game and players would 100% be willing to pay a premium to have race/ hair swaps.

Not only is this a ridiculous wasted opportunity to make extra revenue, it is something a lot of players really want.

It does not have to be automated and I know this is why there is resistance because it would all have to be programmed, you could have it be done manually via a GM call or hire someone specifically to do it or allow a GM to make overtime money twice a month or something for $20.
    (2)
    Last edited by Pixela; 05-24-2021 at 06:37 PM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Please find a way to add this to the game, there are plenty of ways to add this that are not requiring of a complex UI and automated system being added. Think outside of the box to add this to the game and players would 100% be willing to pay a premium to have race/ hair swaps.

Not only is this a ridiculous wasted opportunity to make extra revenue, it is something a lot of players really want.

It does not have to be automated and I know this is why there is resistance because it would all have to be programmed, you could have it be done manually via a GM call or something for $20.

+1. This could be done with no frills or lore. Just let us change race from the character select screen?
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Hmm, let's use some old fashioned programming techniques. I think it is possible to be done via a website just like world transfers. Data swaps in the database.

I don't really expect it to happen. A lot of work to do like replacing gender-locked/race-locked gears such as swimsuits and other things.
    (0)

9. 05-26-2021 02:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Lea-Monde View Post
    In 2006, I didn't know what job I would end up liking, so I picked Hume as "safe" race since they have AVG stats, this is no longer matter and a lot of people have the same issue now, stuck with a mistake we made +15 years ago...it's about time we have such option IMO.
    This is exactly what I did too. I picked a Hume because the guide book I got said they are basically a jack of all trades. Now that they changed the race stats and it's not like it once was, I'd rather be what I originally wanted to be.

It's high time they give this as an option.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The only attribute where race impact was significant was HP and MP. Also I got ridiculed early on for playing summoner on a galka but the reality is having a lower INT didn't really affect summoner at all, the MP was a bit of an issue but they minimized racial differences quite a while ago.
    (0)

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast