Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

[Dev] Paid Race/Gender/Face Change Service.

Hello Square-Enix.

I've been, like many of your gamers, playing Final Fantasy XI for a long time and for many or few reasons, we started our game prefering a race over another.
    However, with time passing and experiencing more and more content of the game, some of us, may have noticed that the race they were playing wasn't the one that they really wanted.
    May be aesthetic issues or Stat-related preferences, some may want to be a Tarutaru over an Elvaan or a Hume over a Mithra and vice versa.
    Being one of those players, that sadly, after having took a conspicuous number of Jobs to level 75 and so many others to level 90, after the level cap increase and of course after having completed all the Missions of all the storylines of the game's expansions, it would be pretty much a disaster to restart just because of aesthetic or Stat problems. Not to mention equipment transfer, Rare/Exclusive items and of course, access to many areas, Conquest Points, Imperial Standings, Allied Notes, Cruor, Dominion Notes etc...
    Reason why I am suggesting, today, a PAID Character Race Change Program, very similar to the Character Reactivation one.
    Allowing us players, unsatisfied of our character's race, to change it to another and as well customizing the features such as Gender, Size, Face and Hair color for a certain amount of money, like a World Transfer.
    I am pretty much sure that you've had, in the past, suggestions like mine, reason why I am sure many may have already incited you to introduce this kind of service, either through GMs Calls or Email or Customer Live Chat support.
    So, here I am, posting it for (maybe everyone) who had my same idea.

Thank you for reading. Hoping to see the suggestion implemented very soon.

Eldwir.
    (75)
    Last edited by Eldwir; 07-02-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    "Overcoming pleasure...".

Absolutely fantastic.
    I've been waiting for ages for someone to post something like that.
    (Actually I think in my GM calls I also mentioned that sometimes, but never had the concrete chance to post it somewhere).
    Great ! I have my 10 Lv90s and I am very tired of being a Taru . And also the incredibly huge number of Rar/Ex items and stuff I'd have to re-hunt if I were to restart a character. And all those Allied Notes ><; I got goosebumps....
    I would like to change to Elvaan as soon as possible but without a service it's not going to happen.
    Hoping for SE to hear our plea !
    Hehe cheers for the post !
    (10)

Ahh I knew someone would've catched the idea too :] !
    Just wishing for Square-Enix to actually read this topic now, haha.
    (7)

Hmmm, probably it's the word "Paid" that people do not like much but in many other games, optional services aren't free, so why would SE make free of a "vanity" service like this one ? It would be stupid no ?
    (5)

Agreed. Reason why I specified "Paid".
    Of course the topic was created for the ones who are willing to undertake a race change but certainly not for free.
    Cmon Square-Enix, read read read this ^^; !
    (4)

I'd pay for a name change as well.
    (12)

I didn't sit on top of a tree for 6 years to get out damaged by a bunch of weapons that take a week or less to finish.

Character
    Ecko
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95
    I've been spamming messages about this forever and bugging countless GMs lol..I heard they were doin the forums and it's the first thing I wanted to post. It would be great if they offered a "one time change" for free or pay to do so like you suggested. It isn't fair that we're stuck and after years of play know what we want to accomodate our playstyle more and are unable to do anything. Not to derail but it would also be nice if they added a little more variety/customation options...
    (6)

Player
    Square-Enix addressed this on the FFXI twitter on Feb 17th concluding:

Quote Originally Posted by FFXI_EN @ Twitter.com/FFXI_EN
    We’d like to introduce a few ideas that we dismissed. Sadly, items that change race/gender are not possible due to equipment issues. #FFXI
    It's a shame since it's something I'd be interested in also, maybe the development team may be able to give some more details on how it isn't possible, even if requirements such as RSE equipment had to be dropped/traded to an NPC for conversion before the race change?
    (0)

Player
    All Melee = Galka
    All Mages = Taru
    really guys ? cmon this is beyond stupid and would alter the game in a harmful way /facepalm
    (2)

Tachi: Koki!!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexdeus View Post
    All Melee = Galka
    All Mages = Taru
    really guys ? cmon this is beyond stupid and would alter the game in a harmful way /facepalm
    Who still only has either melee or mage jobs leveled? You're under the impression that all players are going to change their race accordingly for the slight (read: minimal) adjustments that they'll obtain from changing their race?

With the buffs that Atma give, giving attributes in the high numbers, I highly doubt everyone will be jumping to change race for the measly +4 STR they'll get extra on their melee jobs from doing so.
    (1)

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast