Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Also needs to be kept in mind that people do this more than once, people like to have changes of hairstyles of body size or whatever.

I know the developers think this won't really be worth the cost but if done correctly it would be a profitable thing.

FFXI just really doesn't have enough customization options for people to want to change it all the time.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    FFXI just really doesn't have enough customization options for people to want to change it all the time.
    You'd be surprised how often people would change things about their character if they could. I've one friend who made like 3 different female hume's because he couldn't pick one. If given the chance, he would quite possibly race change a lot. I get your point but never underestimate how many times people would change things if given an option.

It's funny because people on the FFXIV forum complain that there aren't more customization options, it's like...in FFXI, we just want to be able to change race!
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You'd be surprised how often people would change things about their character if they could.
    What I'm saying is many people change their appearance often in FFXIV because there's a lot of hairstyles, face paints and other options and you can come up with something unique every time. FFXIV just has a handful of hairstyles in two colors for each gender of each race, and small/medium/large size. That's it. People will only do it so many times because it won't take them that long to try everything.
    (0)

What I'm saying is many people change their appearance often in FFXIV because there's a lot of hairstyles, face paints and other options and you can come up with something unique every time. FFXIV just has a handful of hairstyles in two colors for each gender of each race, and small/medium/large size. That's it. People will only do it so many times because it won't take them that long to try everything.
    I get you...and yet at the same time, I personally know several individuals who would change race every other day. They do it in FFXIV and not for the hairstyles/eye color etc, they do it for the race. Regardless though, I wish SE would follow up with their answer on the reddit AMA, how do they plan on "if there is enough demand"? Do the community folks even read/post here anymore? I honestly have no clue.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    XI is not XIV.
    Devs answered this with a "maybe, but probably no."
    Not sure what else there is to have 32 more pages on the subject about.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    XI is not XIV.
    Tell me something I don't know.

The point is, I just don't see the viable market for a feature like this when this game doesn't offer a lot in the way of character customization options. Now, if they added more hair/head satyles, maybe, but I doubt that will happen either.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Tell me something I don't know.

The point is, I just don't see the viable market for a feature like this when this game doesn't offer a lot in the way of character customization options. Now, if they added more hair/head satyles, maybe, but I doubt that will happen either.
    They could do that, but after the 20th anniversary interviews, live stream, and AMA, we know it's highly unlikely.

At this point XI is like walking up to a former samurai during the Meiji era. That is selling roasted eel on a stick with a small cart on the side of the road. Could they do something else? Absolutely, but they are just going to sell some roasted eel kabob until they can't sell it anymore. That, and talk about what it meant to reach this point. Doesn't matter what happens around them. Doesn't matter if RMT and bots terrorize the country side. It is just roasted eel on a stick, and call it a day.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    XI is not XIV.
    Devs answered this with a "maybe, but probably no."
    Not sure what else there is to have 32 more pages on the subject about.
    i tried to find the post i replied to you but you got too many. i can't find it. i can't believe square enix don't have notifications for when people reply and quote you on forums. well either im not even coming back to see this reply. no need to reply except its just for the audience.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This is a really old forum system, it was used by like everyone years ago but now it's definitely quite dated.
    (0)

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32