Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
    Player
    Would it be possible to add an item that allows race/gender change, similar to FFXIV's Fantasia system?

[–]FFXI_DevelopmentTeam[S] 83 points 5 days ago

A: While it is possible, we learned that we would have to revamp several aspects of the backend. We would need to see if there’s enough demand to justify the development costs.
    Ok so add a questionnaire on the playonline website asking if people would use it, or something?

You know we want this, and you should know people will use it more than once.

Can we have it?
    (1)

2. 05-30-2022 03:01 AM
    Reason
    I'm a dum-dum

Character
    Humeman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 85
    You would not know if there is a demand for something, unless you sell it. This translates to "We don't want to do it"

How many movies, consoles, among other things were hyped up by the masses only to flop.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsuta_Man View Post
    You would not know if there is a demand for something, unless you sell it. This translates to "We don't want to do it"

How many movies, consoles, among other things were hyped up by the masses only to flop.
    Sure you can know. Polls. Surveys. Player behavior. It doesn't translate to that in any way. You counter your own argument by comparing to bad movies. They could also have conducted studies to see if their movie was a good idea in the first place before making it.

It doesn't take a degree in data analysis.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-30-2022 at 05:10 AM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    They dont want to do anything!! Jeeze, even something that will MAKE THEM MONEY, they are weasling their way out of it. So sick of this
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    They dont want to do anything!! Jeeze, even something that will MAKE THEM MONEY, they are weasling their way out of it. So sick of this
    Everything has a cost associated with it. Companies will do something called a "Cost-benefit analysis." And if that analysis concludes that the costs are too high for the potential benefits, then it doesn't make sense to do the thing.

In this case, I can only hypothesize that the benefits are seen as smaller than they would be in FFXIV, which has a lot more character customization options than FFXI, so they expect fewer people would make use of it since there aren't as many changes they could make. and "revamping aspects of the backend" certainly makes it seem like a non-trivial task to implement. Thus they would need the demand to be fairly consierable for the benefits to be worth the costs.

Companies will do anything that will make them more money, so obviously if they're resistant to the idea, it means they don't think it will make enough to be worthwhile. By contrast, everyone's been begging for more inventory space since forever, so that's a comparatively easy sell for many people.
    (1)

Player
    I think it's possible they are afraid doing this would make people lose their bond with their characters, however that's not how it works.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 06-06-2022 at 08:52 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I think it's possible they are afraid doing this would make people lose their bond with their characters, however that's not how it works.
    The game was originally designed with the mindset that players should make real, impactful decisions about their characters, which is why you typically can't change or undo stuff. The trouble is mainly that we're really indecisive creatures.

In my case though- even if I wanted to change, there aren't a lot of options for me to switch to. FFXI's character customization is extremely limited compared to other games today.
    (0)

Character
    Zyphon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Just adding another “I would pay for this” post.
    (0)

Character
    Koamalu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    11/10 would pay for changes of fantasia. I mean... I spend a small set of funds for fantasias on xiv as is (swapping between my mood of miqote, au ra, and vierra) from time to time. I'd kill for a fantasia change JUST ONCE on XI XD
    (0)

Player
    They could add recolor hair styles that you can only access from this too. For instance a black haired Mithra.
    (0)

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast