Thread: RNG Ammo

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    The real reason the synergized ammo is still so high is because most people don't know about the update that tripled the HQ results from making 33/66/99, to 99/198/297.
    I'm willing to bet that isn't the reason. It's probably a combination of RNG not being a great DD anymore, coupled with the synergy requirements, and the fact that there are other better paying synergy synths.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    I'm willing to bet that isn't the reason. It's probably a combination of RNG not being a great DD anymore, coupled with the synergy requirements, and the fact that there are other better paying synergy synths.
    Maybe in your clique, but from everyone that asks me about ranger, which is often, says they never really played it b/c they always thought it was super expensive, which it WAS, but now it's not bad at all. It still sucks that you're paying like 100g per shot on average, but RNG is still a decent DD, but that depends heavily on what you're fighting, distance, gear/ammo, the player, the party setup etc.
    (1)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    Maybe in your clique, but from everyone that asks me about ranger, which is often, says they never really played it b/c they always thought it was super expensive, which it WAS, but now it's not bad at all. It still sucks that you're paying like 100g per shot on average, but RNG is still a decent DD, but that depends heavily on what you're fighting, distance, gear/ammo, the player, the party setup etc.

I notice you have a Gandiva. Explains why you think RNG is such an awesome DD.

I'm still using slugwinder, and I have to say my DNC does more dmg than my RNG (in abyssea).
    (0)
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.

LOGIC.

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I notice you have a Gandiva. Explains why you think RNG is such an awesome DD.

I'm still using slugwinder, and I have to say my DNC does more dmg than my RNG (in abyssea).
    Ranger has always been an awsome DD...(yes i have a gandiva to but so what)

But much like war, drg, drk, RNG is a Spike damage job not a "dot" job like thf dnc and nin you need to know how to use it.

Try using arching arrow/heavy shot with razed ruins instead of slugwinder, you'll see much better results.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Ranger has always been an awsome DD...(yes i have a gandiva to but so what)

But much like war, drg, drk, RNG is a Spike damage job not a "dot" job like thf dnc and nin you need to know how to use it.

Try using arching arrow/heavy shot with razed ruins instead of slugwinder, you'll see much better results.
    The problem is that most other DD jobs got a massive boost when the lvl cap was raised, but RNG didnt get much. With every DD being able to cap haste and get massive crit rate (in abyssea) we have been outpaced.

I don't play RNG much anymore, but i'll check out arching arrow next time I get a chance.
    (0)

LOGIC.

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    The problem is that most other DD jobs got a massive boost when the lvl cap was raised, but RNG didnt get much. With every DD being able to cap haste and get massive crit rate (in abyssea) we have been outpaced.

I don't play RNG much anymore, but i'll check out arching arrow next time I get a chance.
    You are missing the over looked advantages of rng, like a good example is a mob with bad spikes, it is still a good dd, that can stay out of range of dangerous mobs due to aoe or punishment meele. my point is, RNG is not meant to be a warror or mnk, each job has it's own aspect, rng is already powerful if they did to much rng would be to strong. the only issues rng has is hate control since they have 0 defense. and /nin is worthless. giving up most of your damage for 3 shadows that won't last long is just a good way of gimping the job. But just like DRG PUP and DNC they can't "proc" anything other then blue so people don't really "ask" for the job.
    (0)

Nah, you'll see fairly equal or maybe slightly better ones. Now, if Dead Aim was to work on weapon skills, it'd be a different story.
    (1)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Nah, you'll see fairly equal or maybe slightly better ones. Now, if Dead Aim was to work on weapon skills, it'd be a different story.
    Since when? arching arrow has always and will always outperform sidewinder, because it is a critical based ws

sidewinder cannot critical at all. if they are doing the same you are definatly doing something wrong.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Since when? arching arrow has always and will always outperform sidewinder, because it is a critical based ws

sidewinder cannot critical at all. if they are doing the same you are definatly doing something wrong.
    A ranged crit increases your pdif by 25%. Sidewinder's FTP mod is ~40% higher than Arching Arrow's. So without "crit. dmg.+" arching arrow is inferior to sidewinder. Do crit dmg atmas make up the difference?
    (0)

LOGIC.

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    A ranged crit increases your pdif by 25%. Sidewinder's FTP mod is ~40% higher than Arching Arrow's. So without "crit. dmg.+" arching arrow is inferior to sidewinder. Do crit dmg atmas make up the difference?
    Yes, why do you think i'm saying go try it? RR SS and stout arm. assuming you are shotting off the ws in gear like loki's and cavaros mantle. One of the things that made me switch to it before i got jishnu's is that sidewinder has that terrible problem of missing alot and in order to solve that you would need to use drifter since it has ranged accuracy. arching arrow can miss of course but wil be alot more relaible.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vortex; 08-07-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast