Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rienea
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Gotta love BG rejects doing statistics with 50 sample size. Also D ring is useless : Cure 6 etc. Anyone easily caps mdt/pdt if they want to.
    Sample size of 50 isn't horrible for something that occured on average once per week. So much mayad towards BG, are you still hurt about getting bant?
    (2)
    (* ' - ') Catastrophe ALL the things! ( ' - ' *)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Just wanted to say that my group got a D Ring on our first ever KB kill together. [My first kill ever, too.]
    This was before the new system, where we happened to find KB just sitting in his zone by himself.
    So, average is average, but it doesn't mean you're not going to be the one in that average to not waste a ton of seals.

Either way, I do prefer the old system. New system would have been fine, if they kept some natural spawn conditions or something.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    New system would have been fine, if they kept some natural spawn conditions or something.
    New system would be fine if you got HQ pops at a rate of at least 33% from NQs. 300 KS for chances at the old gear isn't terrible, it's not like most of the stuff is even good anymore. But 20 KS99's per HQ pop on average is just ludicrous.
    (2)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I've said it [deleted by moderator] when the giant thread occured and nobody would listen. The new system is 10x worst than the previous one for 3 mains reasons

* Nobody has KS because nobody does exp on pre 80 mobs
    * For the same reasons the global of amount KS on the server increases very slowly, not that it matters because you can't buy others KS so you have to farm them on your own.
    * You are losing the chance of free pop NM or even buying it from others

As a result, I think the difficulty of getting BB is about the same as pre VU and 10x worse than prior to abyssea.

King have always been SE's little baby. They don't want people to kill them, I don't know why. Make D ring be a rare drop from shinryu if you kill it without brewing, problem solved.
    (2)
    Last edited by Qeepel; 05-15-2011 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Flaming.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I have to agree that something needs to be done about the kings drop rate. I feel like the drop rate of the +1 pop items is horribly low (been on 11 runs so far and not one has dropped even with thf's trying for "max TH" each time) in comparison to the amount of regular pops you can get. Were the requirement to fighting the first kings different (such as getting the pop item through a different means) I think it would be alright if the +1's were so rare.

However my group spent over 1000 seals trying for +1 pops and got nothing. I think it's a little unusual to set up a tiered system of popping them, with many people's goal the +1 kings, making the first two relatively easy and the last the equivalent of a Kraken club. Maybe if the drop rate were atleast 25% on king +1 items, it would be a bit easier to swallow.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shibayama; 05-15-2011 at 01:36 AM.

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I was there for the last "real" KB spawn and kill on Asura, popped 2 minutes before the update was scheduled to start. It was actually a rather nostalgic occasion, kings have been a part of this game for so many years, and now they are gone. The times I went to camp KB in the last few months, there was never much competition, and next to none for the last 2-3 weeks. So yes, I do believe that if you were serious about obtaining a Defending Ring, your chances of obtaining one were much better before this update.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Almost everything from kings is now obsolete, they said they are making a belt stronger than BB. You think they won't add a defending ring +1 anyway?
    (0)

Character
    Jongalt
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The +1 pop items for the HQ Kings should have a fair drop rate of 1/6 like how the NM's used to pop once per 5-7 days.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by thinktank909 View Post
    The +1 pop items for the HQ Kings should have a fair drop rate of 1/6 like how the NM's used to pop once per 5-7 days.
    Err, I have seen plenty day 4 king pop, I have also seen a day 13 King Behemot pop. Day 8+ king pops weren't that uncommon back when I actively camped all 3 kings either.

But either way, as it is now, it seems that the only way of obtaining a Defending Ring is through some amazingly dumb luck and nothing else. SE should have just left kings alone, they weren't exactly overcamped these last few months.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Proc Blue !!
    (0)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast