Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Dev Suggestion: BST pets unable to maintain claim on a mob

There's a group of players in the game that are truly all about the solo aspect of BST.

I, personally, love to solo and have been a solo artist for well into 7 years of my game play.

It seems if we allow our pets to fight mobs and heel them there's a good chance the mob will go unclaimed and if someone else wants that mob bad enough they'll take it from you.

Ie: King B was up and I threw a sheep at him. I got claim and was fighting him for a good 5-7 mins. I turned and put distance between my pet and myself and heeled my sheep to me so i could setup for a "Ready" and a jug switch.

There were two other people who walked up next to were I was and were watching. When I heeled my pet and pulled King B closer to me he went green and the Ninja snagged him within a second.

Another example, Serket, I got claim and there wasn't a person in the zone. I just let my pet fight it and got him down to 10% and decided to pull him close to a door so when he died I could just leave. When I heeled my pet and pulled Serket closer he went green and a party just had arrived and was leveling off beetles took claim on "accident" the leader said and killed the mob.

BST losing claim on mobs is very very common for those who solo. We spin mobs and use our pets in strat methods only to have them go green on random occasions costing us our time and our effort.

Another thing I would love to see is maybe a "Pet Focus" for our pets so when we send them after a mob it actually stays on that mob rather then spinning around attack anything that hits it. I've had my Pet run off across the zone after an AoE from a NM that wasn't even in my party.
    (2)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

reserved for useless space filler

Player
    The whole "it's fair game if it's yellow" thing needs to stop.

If it's clear that you already have agg on the monster, it should be yours until you no longer wish to do it.

This happens on BST, BLM, and all this necro-killsteal crap you now see in Abyssea all the time.
    (0)

I never have seemed to have this problem with BST for now, but I have been leveling PUP lately and it seems if I do not attack first my automaton wont have claim over the mob even though it is fighting and casting on it. I have had exp mob stolen from me @ 75% because of this.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cupofnoodles; 03-14-2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: forgot a word

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Hey Hey Noodles!

Yeah my recent one was Frogmander. Someone actually walked up at 15% and not sure what happened as I did not heel the pet and it went green and the person snagged it.

really?

It happens though NM or just normal exp mobs and it gets annoying.

then there's a flip

i was skilling up in Sea on the Dolphins ( I hate trying to remember what they are called )

I was casting all kinds of enfeebs on them and i noticed something i spent 45 mins casting on one dolphin and the moment i went past 10 seconds of not casting something it went green. However, if I casted Flash 1 time on the mob it stayed claimed for a long time

I might start doing that until they get the hate system fixed.
    (0)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

The "Pet Focus" idea is great for preventing your pet from going rogue and attacking all of creation. In the past, I've had difficulty with BST in group events such as dynamis due to the pet at some point randomly hitting a sleeping enemy that had previously hit the jugpet with an AoE. Of course, any "Pet Focus" should be a job ability versus an automatic set job trait as there are situations, like low level farming, you may want your pet attacking enemies aimlessly without having to command it to fight over and over again.
    (0)

Character
    Sungaga
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    i solo on bst alot and im also finding it frustrating in abyssea areas with others claiming my mobs due to this
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    SE has already announced they were going to change how claims worked. In fact I thought they already did for some instances.
    (0)

Character
    Garthbds
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 95
    I do admit it has been frustrating for me as well having mobs stolen and I've just chalked it up to part of the game. What bothered me more then it going yellow is that there's almost no hate fight between the players pets just lose. If I was on any job that directly attacks the monster we fight over hate till someone finally wins but this doesn't happen with pets people just steal the mobs. I like the aspect of fighting because generally I win and the other people knock off a few % to help me out every little bit counts.

My best story was a smn and rng stole my mob they actually won and got claim but they couldn't duo the mob well so eventually wiped while i was resting and recovering from the hate battle. When the mob came back it was down an extra 40% so easy win.

It would be nice thou that once you establish hate and turn it red it's yours for sure. I've had people watch me solo a mob for 45 min get it down to 1% then toss out a nuke when it goes yellow and kill it on me while I was changing pets.
    (0)

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I solo alot on bst/whm a eazy way to avoid losing claim on something is stick it with dia or a simiar form of a DoT. Then you can move yourpet away and do what not even snarl your pet if you get hate.
    A revamped system would remove the need of always spaming dia on them though I agree for when you move your pet or lose it. Until that update I would just recommend sticking dia on it always if u bst/whm.
    (0)

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I don't think Dia works like that anymore

Atleast it doesn't for me. I've had luck with Flash but never with Dia.

A long time ago I used to solo worms with smn.. and used Dia a lot but now a days it seems they have removed the amount of hate you get from it so when your pet is pulled off it goes green
    (0)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast