Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    It seems to 'cap' at +899 MAB which you'll never get anywhere near unless you use a brew. Dunno who's suggesting it's 50%(50 MAB?) but that would just be stupid seeing as BLM already gets 36 just from job traits.

1 MAB will always increase your damage more than 1 INT will no matter how much MAB you already have. If anything adding INT is worse in Abyssea since dINT will be already capped on everything you fight.

Which spell and which enemy are you capping dINT on? Last I heard it was near impossible to cap dINT on most spells (fuzzy on the specifics, but i think it was t3 and up).

Do you have a link to some list of spells and their dINT caps?
    (0)

I've not seen a sch come close to doing constant 5k nukes. Dunno what this guy is talking about.
    (1)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Miiyo View Post
    I've not seen a sch come close to doing constant 5k nukes. Dunno what this guy is talking about.
    I can do 5k Aero5's on puddings in abyssea konschtat. Otherwise it's usually in the lower 4k range.

EDIT: Unless he means chaining Ascetic's drinks back to back.
    (0)

Character
    Kuwabaraone
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Also, SCH is more of a balancing act, as opposed to BLM which is a heavy DD Mage. As a fellow BLM, I'm fine with SCH getting a little boost now and then (despite my grudges on chat ) as when it comes down to firepower we stand above the rest. Also, thanks to /RDM access to vert and ManaWall, we can also continue nuking quickly. Verting also helps in proccing the latent effect of Sorc. Ring. Add Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity, Atma of the Merciless Matriarch, and a third atma of your choice and you become a force to be feared in the Abyss.

KB1
    (1)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I haven't seen any kind of evidence that indicates a cap on Magic Attack Bonus. Primeval Brew adds +900 Magic Attack Bonus and I believe you can still get more damage from stacking on more MAB. Either way, some kind of MAB cap is not even a legitimate concern as brew shows that it can go up to at least +900 (and probably more, but I don't have any data to verify it, just memory.) In terms of INT vs MAB, it depends on the buffs you have, gear you're using, spell you're casting and the mob you're casting it on. Currently 1 MAB will always produce better results than 1 INT, although depending on the situation gear choices like 5 MAB vs 7 INT are not so clear. I found the best way to decide on gear was to use a spreadsheet and look at all spells. I still have the one I wrote. You could enter the buffs you had and the gear you had. You could also enter some +INT and +MAB values. Filling in those would tell you the maximum INT value the mob could have before the +MAB became better than the +INT for each spell. Maybe I'll go label everything nicely and then upload it somewhere.
    (1)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    I haven't seen any kind of evidence that indicates a cap on Magic Attack Bonus. Primeval Brew adds +900 Magic Attack Bonus and I believe you can still get more damage from stacking on more MAB. Either way, some kind of MAB cap is not even a legitimate concern as brew shows that it can go up to at least +900 (and probably more, but I don't have any data to verify it, just memory.) In terms of INT vs MAB, it depends on the buffs you have, gear you're using, spell you're casting and the mob you're casting it on. Currently 1 MAB will always produce better results than 1 INT, although depending on the situation gear choices like 5 MAB vs 7 INT are not so clear. I found the best way to decide on gear was to use a spreadsheet and look at all spells. I still have the one I wrote. You could enter the buffs you had and the gear you had. You could also enter some +INT and +MAB values. Filling in those would tell you the maximum INT value the mob could have before the +MAB became better than the +INT for each spell. Maybe I'll go label everything nicely and then upload it somewhere.
    Plz do!

I have a rudimentary spreadsheet i used back at lvl75 maybe i'll update mine too.
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I don't disagree with BLM as the nuker over SCH, but you must remember they had to be careful with SCH and it's nukes, +2 hat and Ebullience gives a straight 30% increase, that's the finished product of the ToM staff, so imagine the power with both. Too much nuking power would ruin the balance again like it used to be.
    and what about a BLM who isn't gimp...even more nuking power than this SCH
    (0)

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    ok i must have aceptional Crit rate with magic. i know very few Blms that do overly huge nukes usualy ones with white/blue box syndrome. But i am decnetly Geared but nothing i feel is unobtanable and i do 5k nukes in aby my sch Might hit that with ebulence but the ods are it will do 4 k yes i play both jobs. so i cant complain one ot the other i think they should have acess to more mab gear but they have the balance of both worlds they need to learn to augment how they nuke but they can also heal nuke and buff where BLm just nuke so GET OVER IT reevaluate how you play blm if your getting outnukes there has got to be a reson in your method of play not the job
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Character
    Syuveil
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Miiyo View Post
    First let me say that I consider myself a career offensive mage, and have BLM, SCH, and RDM decently geared.

I average 5.5k nukes on my sch with the occasional spike to 6k during klimaform. With tonic about 6.2k and with both 7k. With both on the same day 7.5k.

For comparison outside abyssea on a gobbie outside jeuno my blm bliz V does 2.9k while my sch klimaform aero V does about 3.4k. If I nuke on iceday (or have a sch hailstorm me) my blm does 3.5k.

From my experience sch only outnukes blm with klimaform and self weather. At 99 BLM will be able to hailstorm themselves in which case blm should win 100% of the time if they use sch as their support job.

Don't QQ BLMs your still the best at what you do, klimaform only lasts a minute and has a long recast timer. BLM should always out parse the sch in the long run (assuming no MP issues) SCH can just occasionally spike higher if geared properly.

Now if you want to talk about Flan damage in abyssea konschat on, windsday with self weather, and klimatonic I solo magic burst an Aero V for 11939 damage on SCH. Inb4 "pics or it didn't happen." I wish I knew how to take pics on xbox so I could post a screenie.
    (2)
    Last edited by ZeroUnlimited; 09-03-2011 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroUnlimited View Post
    Inb4 "pics or it didn't happen." I wish I knew how to take pics on xbox so I could post a screenie.
    I believe that holding a camera up to the TV and taking a photo then uploading it to your PC/Laptop works^^
    (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3