Character
    Moink
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Abyssea - Attohwa lights

Platform: PC, XBox 360, PS2... this is more ingame than specific device.

ISP: Comcast

Date & Time: Unkown when it started, still ongoing

Frequency: Always

Character Name: Many within my own linkshell, so i'm going to assume Global

Race: TarutaruM

World: Quetzalcoatl

Main Job: I've been many jobs with this current "error"

Support Job: I've been many subjobs with this current "error"

Area and Coordinates: Abyssea - Attohwa

Party or Solo: Both

Monster Name: Ephemeral Murex

Steps:
    • My linkshell entered the zone to farm time, to farm cruor and to farm the larger NMs.
    • As usual we went after the Ephemeral Murexs to build Azure Light and not fiddle nuking 30 mobs.
    • 3 Ephemeral Murex were killed to build light, Blue chest drops, opened, 400 cruor.
    • We thought to ourselves, maybe light wasn't capped...
    •3 more Ephemeral Murex were killed, blue chest drops, opened, 400 cruor.
    •We're confused and becoming frustrated.
    •3 more Ephemeral Murex slain in anger, chest drops, opened, 400 cruor.
    •We did this many days to see if the error would just go away but even after a 12 hour maintenance... this issue is still present.

Doing anything in this zone is unbearable because our chests never were high enough despite killing a number of Ephemeral Murex to build time to farm. Is this issue known to the Development Staff and/or is there any resolve?
    (0)

Character
    Moink
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Just to also clearify Pearl, Ruby and Amber lights appeared to be ok.
    (0)

Greetings Moink!

Thank you for bringing up your gameplay concern in the forums. We understand that you feel there may be an issue with a gameplay aspect not functioning properly, and we apologize for any hindrance this has caused you. Based on your description, we have found that your reported concern is not in error. We suggest reviewing the Community Sites for more information. The Community Sites can be found here, and the information supplied by your fellow adventurer's will surely help you progress. Thank you for your patience, and best wishes to you.
    -SQUARE ENIX Moderator
    (0)

Did you /check them first to make sure they weren't DC mobs? Always forget exactly if it it EM+ or T+ to count as 10 lights--but they don't give the extra lights if DC/EP.

Raist
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    From my experience, not all Eph mobs give +5 to every light (or even any NM for that matter.) I think it's just a false assumption that players made. Each NM is different. Lord Varney, for instance, will not yield amber light at all.
    (0)

Character
    Longbow
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    whats the difference in the light values on enemies that give messages about your body emitting a feeble light and some that say your body emitts a faint light? I killed 3 elementals in Abyssea - Uleguerand and azure says feeble light after each kill however azures after the 3 were at cap, and about 6 vnm tier 1 and pearl was capped. Vnm T1 said faint light.

however in Konschtat 6 Empherals gave feeble light and capped and vnm T1 6 kills and capped as faint light.
    (0)