Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Player
    I started getting this same problem earlier today. My main got stuck zoning into Davoi. All of my mules have no issues and I've never had any connection issues ever before this. Nothing in my system was changed. I've done all the router resetting, etc and nothing worked. Getting POL-3001 error.
    (0)

I got stuck last night zoning into Qufim Island from Port Jueno, I can log in on all of my other characters including one that is set in Port Jueno with no problems. This is not a router issue on my end, it is obviously a server issue or an issue relating to the update. This is quite obvious by the sheer number of incidents... I have been in this game since the PS2 start, and every time there has been a connection issue I have received that same canned response that must come from their "Company Handbook". I personally plan to CANCEL my accounts with SE if service is not restored shortly, they are not getting my money if I cannot play and if they receive a large amount of deactivations they WILL respond. The last time this happened to me was when they were bringing the XBOX 360 users online from the beta server to the main server...
    (0)
    Last edited by Nakir; 05-27-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Character
    Sandwich
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    After reading all these posts, this sounds like a routing issue to me... It's not happening to me or I'd try this myself.

If someone is experiencing this and has a little tech background, what I'd like to know:
    If you can get your stuck character moving again by logging in on a friend's PC, use Wireshark or some similar packet tracking program to find out the IP address of the server you're talking to.
    Take that IP address back home and try to ping it and trace it.

It may not be a problem with either your ISP or SE's servers. It's likely somewhere in-between.
    (0)
    Resident of Quetzalcoatl since 2003!

Character
    Sorel
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I began experiencing this problem myself 3 days ago zoning between North Gustaberg and Abyssea - Grauberg. I ran down the list of suggested remedies and nothing has worked. I attempted to contact SE support shortly after the problem arose and to this day have yet to receive any type of response from them. I have restarted my modem, my router, and my PC to no avail. I have tried a direct connection to my PC, bypassing my router, and the problem still persists. I have port forwarded and still the problem persists. I have done my best to try and isolate the problem, but I am still lost. I, like many others, had to lean on the help of close friends to retrieve my character.

I have been a customer for seven years, using the same configuration, and I have never once had experienced a problem like this personally. I don't want to make a sleight against SE, but as a long time paying customer, I feel I deserve better customer service at the very least. I've done my best to give you the benefit of the doubt about the issue, but after seeing the continuous boilerplate responses on here and from others, I have begun to reconsider. I don't think I'm asking for the world, in all honesty.

So even though I've regained control of my character, I am unable to access Abyssea - Grauberg, of which I had plans for. Now I can not participate in events there, and to be honest, I'm cautious to zone places in general now. I am paying a monthly fee to play a modern day MMO, not an NES game from the 80's that I have to blow into or play in a certain way to prevent it from crashing on me. It's reasonable for you to ask your customers to take certain steps to remedy the situation, but when said remedies fail to have their desired outcome, you in turn must take action in some form. The silence is deafening, Square.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorel View Post
    I I don't think I'm asking for the world, in all honesty. ... The silence is deafening, Square.
    @Sorel, I completely agree no one here is asking for anything extravagant... heck I even bet everyone would be okay with just a message from SE stating they are "looking into it".

@Myrid, if I had any idea how to do this I would.

All anyone here is looking for is some form of acknowledgement from SE that they actually care that a substantial minority of us are having this issue, instead of just shrugging the issue off on the ISP or your router... that is a cop out and they should be ashamed... Have some pride in you product, step up and make it right.

P.S. maybe Sorel was onto something should I pull the hard drive out of my computer and blow on the SATA connection a few times?? maybe that would help, probably be a step up from the boilerplate... "not our fault" line from SE.
    (0)

Character
    Azieltheliar
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    For those who get stuck in qufim like me, be warned. It looks like rolanberry is on the same "server" apparently. I would also like a zone/server list if possible. I'll continue to run around, get stuck, and report the zones here, til i can't take it anymore and quit. Now to wait til my friend gets off work...
    (0)

Update:

I recently freed myself from my black screen existence not by changing my router, modem, port settings, going to a friends house, or even pulling out the hard drive and blowing on the SATA connectors. Instead all i did was load FFXI on my laptop and log in, no issues what so ever getting to my main character. after i did that i logged out, and I can now log in on my main pc again on all characters.

Somehow that server was in conflict with my PC, but I have no idea how because it was only for 1 of 5 characters that i had the issue... other than the idea there was info stored on my hard drive that didn't match the server? possibly something on my HD stating my last position as Port Jueno, and the Server saying i was in Qufim Island?
    (0)

Character
    Hnic
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    I've had this problem on a few occassions and have narrowed it down to a particular zone (at least for my accounts) Buburimu Peninsula. I can only have one character in the zone at a time, which really sucks. I had to log on to each account and move them from Buburimu before I could successfully log both back into game. It's definately an issue on SE's end and not your ISP's, Routers, corrupted files etc... I hope this helps or sheds some light on the issue.

Take care
    (0)
    Love, Peace and Hair Grease!

Character
    Dellilah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wjctampa View Post
    I've had this problem on a few occassions and have narrowed it down to a particular zone (at least for my accounts) Buburimu Peninsula. I can only have one character in the zone at a time, which really sucks. I had to log on to each account and move them from Buburimu before I could successfully log both back into game. It's definately an issue on SE's end and not your ISP's, Routers, corrupted files etc... I hope this helps or sheds some light on the issue.

Take care
    Everyone already knows this, but SE refuses to acknowledge any problems on their end.
    (0)

so it turns out we're all not completely computer illiterate se so don't give us the generic "you're an idiot, reboot your modem" advice plz... this is pathetic. fix it already
    (0)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast