Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Yveltal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    DRK is far from slowest now, its like a berserk mad-man. In a lot of ways it is more like Warrior than WAR is. . .
    I was referring to the fact that scythes have the highest delay of all weapon types, and since that's the dark knight's best weapon, it would make us slowest.
    (0)
    Cardfight!! Vanguard is the best TCG of all time.

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    More reason to ask for shorter casting times, then. It still stands to reason, great sword or scythe, that our weapons are still high delay and that the spells we own are still greatly neglected. We can't rest on our laurels with one single upgrade, friends. Balance is still needed! Our more martial brothers are thankful, but I'd still enjoy a bit of love for those of us who like to make use of our mp pools and spells more efficiently.
    (0)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    DRK is far from slowest now, its like a berserk mad-man. In a lot of ways it is more like Warrior than WAR is. . .
    no....just no
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruentus View Post
    I was referring to the fact that scythes have the highest delay of all weapon types, and since that's the dark knight's best weapon, it would make us slowest.
    DRKs best weapon is great sword Caladbolg btw~ 7skill means shit
    (0)

Character
    Yveltal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jar View Post
    DRKs best weapon is great sword Caladbolg btw~ 7skill means shit
    Let's not have this discussion again. Everybody knows your reputation is crap anyway.
    (1)
    Cardfight!! Vanguard is the best TCG of all time.

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Now, now. Let's remain civil please.

In my experience,however, skill means everything. Take the skill differences of Evasion between THF and NIN, for example. That small difference reveals itself in how much more work I need to do between them to not get hit. EI, I evade more effectively on THF because of the higher skill. The same applies to weapons and magic. More skill in magic means less resistance, more skill with a weapon means means more power, accuracy, etc. I'm sure you know this, experienced players that you are.

So 7 skill, Sir Jar, means a great deal. Or else the +7 skill torques of long ago wouldn't have cost us so much gil, the sea torques would be a waste of time and much of the Emp +2 Armor are moot points.

Cheers!
    (0)

7. 05-16-2011 01:04 AM

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    no....just no
    Yea, just yes.

We are swinging weapons around like crazy people hyped on cocaine. Thats what I call going "Berserk".

Its by far, the fastest 2handed job in the game.
    (1)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Geabrielle View Post
    Now, now. Let's remain civil please.

In my experience,however, skill means everything. Take the skill differences of Evasion between THF and NIN, for example. That small difference reveals itself in how much more work I need to do between them to not get hit. EI, I evade more effectively on THF because of the higher skill. The same applies to weapons and magic. More skill in magic means less resistance, more skill with a weapon means means more power, accuracy, etc. I'm sure you know this, experienced players that you are.

So 7 skill, Sir Jar, means a great deal. Or else the +7 skill torques of long ago wouldn't have cost us so much gil, the sea torques would be a waste of time and much of the Emp +2 Armor are moot points.

Cheers!
    that stuff only matters for H2H. the skill gear is just acc and attack for other jobs the Torques Where always wanted for the Weaponskill mods that where on them.

Now that you can get better stats than the 6acc and 7 attack no one really uses them other than for the Stats on them.

the THF and NIN difference is because the difference in Eva gear both jobs get THF gets FAR more eva in gear because the what 7 skill only becomes 6eva.. Also THF gets Evasion bonus V thats 60 Eva over nin right there. ...
    (0)

Character
    Geabrielle
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    A bit of a poor trait choice between thf and nin given such a high discrepancy, but I still stand by skill mattering. Look at most of the new synergy armors boasting high skill ratings? I doubt skill counts for nothing given this shift in armor stat trend. However, we know in Abyssea that will mean a hill of smoking beans, but it could count for something in the Voidwatch arena or future content.

I'll concede to the fact that I doubt combat mods and skill are highly noticable but on the other side of the fence with casting, skill means the ability to keep a DDs biscuits out of the fire and keep mobs stuck on stupid. I just can't see it being untrue to some extent the other way. But opinions are opinions and all that. Cue up the mathemagicians! I'll try not to fall asleep, I promise. (this is obviously a joke, take no offense)

Cheers
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Geabrielle View Post
    A bit of a poor trait choice between thf and nin given such a high discrepancy, but I still stand by skill mattering. Look at most of the new synergy armors boasting high skill ratings? I doubt skill counts for nothing given this shift in armor stat trend. However, we know in Abyssea that will mean a hill of smoking beans, but it could count for something in the Voidwatch arena or future content.

I'll concede to the fact that I doubt combat mods and skill are highly noticable but on the other side of the fence with casting, skill means the ability to keep a DDs biscuits out of the fire and keep mobs stuck on stupid. I just can't see it being untrue to some extent the other way. But opinions are opinions and all that. Cue up the mathemagicians! I'll try not to fall asleep, I promise. (this is obviously a joke, take no offense)

Cheers
    /facepalm.....

Skill is nothing it amounts to .9acc and 1 attack per skill point and nothing more. h2h gets it a little diff because h2h base damage is skill*0.11+3 Blu magic is the same where base damage is Blue magic skill*0.11+3

Dark magic is also important for the reason on magic accuracy but even it falls short to haste sometimes unless your stacking it for Drain where Dark magic skill is one of the only factors in amount drained.

For DD jobs now where acc is not really focused on skill means jack. at 75 full combat merits where the difference between capping acc and not.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast