Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Due to the fact that Port Jeuno congestion has not been completely erased since the implementation of the /yell feature, we will be looking into the implementation of the below:
    • Re-installment of bazaar taxes
    • Temporary suspension of the auction house
      *Both are limited to Port Jeuno.
    We are aware that this will create some inconveniences, so we will be closely monitoring feedback on this and other aspects of the change.

The problem is you know we need a central hub... you should really just move the Aby/VW and etc npcs to aht urgan where there is more space..
    (0)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Character
    Vivik
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Due to the fact that Port Jeuno congestion has not been completely erased since the implementation of the /yell feature, we will be looking into the implementation of the below:
    We are aware that this will create some inconveniences, so we will be closely monitoring feedback on this and other aspects of the change.
    They must be scraping the bottom of the barrel within the development team now. Instead of fixing things properly they are just gonna band-aid the game up now.

I remember a few years ago they said that the reason for all the lag in Whitegate was from players and it was a lie. You cannot walk through Whitegate even now without lagging out your mule on follow. So yeah, I think "the players are the problem" is a crap excuse. Fix it the right way SE
    (0)
    Vivik- Cerberus
    Do you know who you really are? Are you sure it’s really you?

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    While your making these changes, please remove the Bazaar tax from Whitegate, and consider having an Abyssea NPC there (perhaps in Al Zahbi and have it be stealable).
    (3)

4. 10-26-2011 12:43 PM

Character
    Reyn
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I seriously had to check and make sure it wasn't April 1st after reading Camate's post. Seriously? This basically sounds like punishing the players because they haven't come up with a working solution. Adding Abyssea teleports to each level of Jeuno sounds like a working solution to me.
    (1)

Windurst, but currently overseas working in Bastok
    Character
    Snoni
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Only bother reading the first page of this thread. So if it is not suggested, I would suggest this...
    - /yell commands work in all areas that include the "Abyssea Duo NPCs"
    - Tax follows where there is heavy traffic.
    - A fun one where those who make purchases of at least 10 quills = 1000 gil or a certain amount in Chocobo Circuit in any race will receive a temp KI good for exiting to any town connected through the Chocobo Circuit. This is also good for the circuit to make some decent gil due to heavy traffic if everyone uses the betting system and betting against the odds. As you know the chocobo circuit betting system only works if there are a lot of people, betting. It has been dead for a long time.
    (0)
    Anyone want to ballista?

Character
    Elanabelle
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Good job recognizing a problem.
    Terrible job drafting a solution.

The Bazaar taxes may help, especially if Players who are AFK/Bazaar will take their Bazaar back to Rolanberry or Batallia.

However, terminating Auction House function in Port Jeuno is just .... stupid.

Here's some much better ideas:
    1. Move Joachim and Horst NPC's to Upper Jeuno, and add another pair of "clone" NPCs for Abyssea (like the pair in Ru'Lude) to Lower Jeuno.
    If this happened, I suspect the players in Port Jeuno would disperse and resettle with some in Lower, some in Upper, and some in Ru'Lude.

That's pretty much what it was like in Jeuno before the ToAU expansion.

2. Add stuff that people frequently bazaar at relatively low prices to the Auction House. Ancient Beastcoins, Byne Bills, Silverpieces, Whiteshells, Silver Mirrors, Abjuration Tatters, etc.

If people were not bazaaring these items, the number of bazaars would decrease ... probably drastically.

3. This idea is a bit stranger, but it would probably work, too: Give players a gil reward for every 24 hr period that they maintain a Home Point that is NOT in Jeuno.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Elanabelle View Post
    3. This idea is a bit stranger, but it would probably work, too: Give players a gil reward for every 24 hr period that they maintain a Home Point that is NOT in Jeuno.
    I suddenly have a feeling that something like this is exactly what the "Daily Reward System" bit in the timeline meant.

"Oh, your old Grandmother is so happy to have you back home again! Here's 1000 gil and a fresh apple pie, sweetie!"
    (0)

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Maybe we should steal all the reps (NA JP EU) until they realize how stupid this is (ill drop my gag now)
    (0)
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    make every nation + every jeuno zone so that there are: auction house, homepoint, conquest NPC(instant warp), abysea teleports NPC and moghouse within 30s walking of each other, as well as /yell reach all nations, and I'll consider moving from Jeuno. If you remove PJ AH I'll just move to ru'lude gardens lol like everyone...

ALso I noticed PJ population drastically reduced after ru'lude change so idk what to say..
    (1)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    There is no real answer to this but a drastic one. I think the best way to remove congestion in positive & progressive light is to continue with updating the appeal to home nations. In my opinion, it is time for S.E lead us back to wear it all began.

1. Allow yelling to expand across the 3 starter nations. If that causes too much server trouble, it is possible to limit it to the port zones/disable shouts. To make it logical yelling across the world, maybe have it be an key item/linkpearl from an npc. i know you guys like the game to be as real as possible.

2. add Trials moogles, seal/crest npcs to the starter port nations. preferably west of Ratata in windy for example.

or other simple possibilities.

1. disable shouts in jeuno to save server load and require players to yell.

2. have HP locations randomize at 6 six location in jeuno. 3 home point crystals and 3 mog entrances zones when a player warps/zones to homepoint back to jeuno.

3. I'm not a fan of bazaar tax. i don't think that would solve congestion issues. the convenience of being able to bazaar merchandize where 90% of game traffic is a greater benefit to the seller than the threat of jeuno tax to the buyer. it will just prevent players from buying items not selling them. eventually we are lucky people will zone out to S.campaign and the zone will be congested.
    (2)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast