Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Due to the fact that Port Jeuno congestion has not been completely erased since the implementation of the /yell feature, we will be looking into the implementation of the below:
    • Re-installment of bazaar taxes
    • Temporary suspension of the auction house
      *Both are limited to Port Jeuno.
    We are aware that this will create some inconveniences, so we will be closely monitoring feedback on this and other aspects of the change.
    --------------
    Now this is in no way an "I told ya so", but rather a "Camate, remember when I said--" lol. This was back when you 1st updated us about the current plans for the /yell feature:
    (Post #16 of the Thread)
    Though we need to do some more testing, and we are not sure whether it would be possible yet, we are looking into the possibility of making/displaying shouts throughout multiple areas.

To be a bit more specific, we will be looking into grouping certain areas server side so that a shout from one of the areas in that group will be heard from each of the other areas.

For example:
    If Ru’Lude Gardens/Upper Jeuno/Lower Jeuno/Port Jeuno were to be grouped together, making a shout in Ru’Lude would be heard in the other areas (Upper Jeuno/Lower Jeuno/Port Jeuno). However, this would ultimately quadruple the server load, so we will definitely need to pay close attention to this.
    ---------
    From a post within my /Seacomshout Command Thread, I would like to resubmit the concept to the Devs in order to possibly fix this issue once and for all. The concept is theoretical, but if it could be done, it would change the way every single player in FFXI communicates on all topics:

(Originally posted by Kingfury, Post 27)
    I'll start off by saying, as I've said in other threads, I'm in no way a programmer! lol My thoughts on the possible workings of this /seacomshout's systems are totally based on "theoretical possibilities", so if anything seems too far fetch, take it easy on me. ^^; Hopefully the Devs will consider this a springboard concept and then tailor it to fit actual programming laws. I'm just attempting to think around the problem in a creative way.
    ------------

The Master Linkshells:

Imagine if each /seacom subject category had a respective Master Linkshell that could only discuss messages and shouts that pertain to their subject category(ex: "EXP" M.Linkshell, "Quest" M.Linkshell, "Missions" M.Linkshell, etc.). For the sake of argument, lets assume that they had the same limits of 64 members per shell as our everyday Linkshells do. The main difference between these linkshells would be that they have the ability to clone themselves multiple times to accommodate the amount of players that are "tuned in" to their respective /seacomshout subject categories. The very moment that 65 players toggle their /seacomshout channels to "ON" for that specfic channel, these Master Linkshells would instantly create a cloned version of itself to house that extra player. Cloned Linkshells would function exactly like their master versions, and would share the same messages sent to their Master Linkshell with all players housed within them. The cloned linkshells would house the same number of players as their masters. The Master Linkshells would constantly monitor how many players are tuned in so to always be ready to create the needed amount of clones to house them. The player game-side would be none the wiser as to this process's happenings, and would only notice an increase in messages being displayed within that /seacomshout subject category.
    •The Master Linkshells
    Expansion and Sharing of Messages:

On the back end behind the scenes, based on the /seacom category, the Master Linkshells could consider themselves EXP1(Master Linkshell), EXP2(Clone), EXP3(Clone), and so forth up to perhaps a specific limit as the number of tuned in players increase. So ideally, a Master Linkshell could clone itself over 9 times to accommodate 640 players tuned into it's /seacomshout subject category. Depending on the server limits governing Linkshell creation, 1000+ players could all be tuned into the same /seacomshout subject category while being being distributed amongst 16 Linkshells. All able to communicate Server-wide on the corresponding /seacom subject matter of their choosing without disturbing any other players throughout Vana'diel's zones. So long as the player inputs the appropriate subject within the /seacomshout message while composing it(ex: /seacomshout [EXP]), the message will be sent to the appropriate Master Linkshell to be distributed to all cloned linkshells. All /seacomshout messages composed and sent by players would 1st be sent to the Master Linkshells before being shared with clones so the Master Linkshells could determine how many clones need to receive the message. This would ideally happen almost instantly, and no player would be able to notice any lag between composing/sending a /seacomshout message and seeing the message displayed within their chat log as to make it feel similar to how linkshell messages are processed.
    •Making Clones
    Clone Deletion:

This system would have the ability to expand as needed depending on player load instantly, as well as shrink instantly as players toggle their /seacomshout channels to OFF. Master Linkshells would reserve the ability to permanently delete any cloned linkshell as soon as the reduced player load constitutes they are no longer needed. Should that same load of 640 players tuned in to that /seacomshout channel be reduced to 140, the Master Linkshell would delete 7 clones and house that 140 within 3 linkshells(the Master + 2 Clones). This would constantly be happening throughout the day, all seamlessly behind the scenes as players simply toggle their channels ON/OFF in-game. The Master Linkshells would be diligently cloning and deleting clones to constantly accommodate the number of tuned in players.
    •Deleting Clones
    EDIT: Camate, I just thought of the possible daunting task of you having to convert everything inside these images to Japanese, and I really wish Google Translate was better at converting English into Japanese, because I would love to at least prepare the artwork in this post to Japanese for you to make your job easier.
    (2)
    Last edited by kingfury; 10-27-2011 at 05:32 AM.

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Read my lips: NO NEW TAXES...

When elected Mayor of Port Jeuno, I will give the proverbial boot to these Big Government interventionists who think they can get away with controlling our economy, our right to assemble, and our Final Fantasy Freedoms with tax hikes and regulations. I will unshackle Vana'diel from the chains of oppression that have kept us from playing OUR game the way WE want to for so long.

How will deregulation solve the congestion issues in PJ you ask? Simple. PvP. I will withdraw the Ducal guards, and allow players to draw their weapons as they deem fit. Good luck low-level AFK bazaar mules...

Ordered and Paid for by The Committee to Elect Ryce of Odin.
    Campaign donations are limited to 1,000,000 gil per character. D-Box is fine.
    (2)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Readding Bazzar taxes is not gonna help with Port Jeuno congestion, at least on Leviathan anyway. Here, everyone uses Upper Jeuno to sell stuff, and I'm sure it was like that on most servers. Removing the AH would only help a little, but as was said, would shift congestion to other zones. My suggestion: Move the Synergy Furnaces. You practically asked for more congestion by removing them from Upper and Lower Jeuno but leaving them in Port.

It was said somewhere, but this is not my idea: Giving Joachim Doom aura would solve the entire issue.
    (3)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    They should move all the NPCs from port jeuno to ---> upper jeuno, leave the AH there, remove the synergy, and add a huge bazaar tax so that people afk in rulude or batalia to sell shit. far more convenient. Either that, or put the Abyssea NPC right outside of town like in rolemart or w/e.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfury View Post
    --------------
    Now this is in no way an "I told ya so", but rather a "Camate, remember when I said--" lol. This was back when you 1st updated us about the current plans for the /yell feature:

---------
    From a post within my /Seacomshout Command Thread, I would like resubmit the concept to the Devs in order to possibly fix this issue once and for all. The concept is theoretical, but if it could be done, it would change the way every single player in FFXI communicates on all topics:

(Originally posted by Kingfury, Post 27)
    I'll start off by saying, as I've said in other threads, I'm in no way a programmer! lol My thoughts on the possible workings of this /seacomshout's systems are totally based on "theoretical possibilities", so if anything seems too far fetch, take it easy on me. ^^; Hopefully the Devs will consider this a springboard concept and then tailor it to fit actual programming laws. I'm just attempting to think around the problem in a creative way.
    ------------

The Master Linkshells:

Imagine if each /seacom subject category had a respective Master Linkshell that could only discuss messages and shouts that pertain to their subject category(ex: "EXP" M.Linkshell, "Quest" M.Linkshell, "Missions" M.Linkshell, etc.). For the sake of argument, lets assume that they had the same limits of 64 members per shell as our everyday Linkshells do. The main difference between these linkshells would be that they have the ability to clone themselves multiple times to accommodate the amount of players that are "tuned in" to their respective /seacomshout subject categories. The very moment that 65 players toggle their /seacomshout channels to "ON" for that specfic channel, these Master Linkshells would instantly create a cloned version of itself to house that extra player. Cloned Linkshells would function exactly like their master versions, and would share the same messages sent to their Master Linkshell with all players housed within them. The cloned linkshells would house the same number of players as their masters. The Master Linkshells would constantly monitor how many players are tuned in so to always be ready to create the needed amount of clones to house them. The player game-side would be none the wiser as to this process's happenings, and would only notice an increase in messages being displayed within that /seacomshout subject category.
    •The Master Linkshells
    Expansion and Sharing of Messages:

On the back end behind the scenes, based on the /seacom category, the Master Linkshells could consider themselves EXP1(Master Linkshell), EXP2(Clone), EXP3(Clone), and so forth up to perhaps a specific limit as the number of tuned in players increase. So ideally, a Master Linkshell could clone itself over 9 times to accommodate 640 players tuned into it's /seacomshout subject category. Depending on the server limits governing Linkshell creation, 1000+ players could all be tuned into the same /seacomshout subject category while being being distributed amongst 16 Linkshells. All able to communicate Server-wide on the corresponding /seacom subject matter of their choosing without disturbing any other players throughout Vana'diel's zones. So long as the player inputs the appropriate subject within the /seacomshout message while composing it(ex: /seacomshout [EXP]), the message will be sent to the appropriate Master Linkshell to be distributed to all cloned linkshells. All /seacomshout messages composed and sent by players would 1st be sent to the Master Linkshells before being shared with clones so the Master Linkshells could determine how many clones need to receive the message. This would ideally happen almost instantly, and no player would be able to notice any lag between composing/sending a /seacomshout message and seeing the message displayed within their chat log as to make it feel similar to how linkshell messages are processed.
    •Making Clones
    Clone Deletion:

This system would have the ability to expand as needed depending on player load instantly, as well as shrink instantly as players toggle their /seacomshout channels to OFF. Master Linkshells would reserve the ability to permanently delete any cloned linkshell as soon as the reduced player load constitutes they are no longer needed. Should that same load of 640 players tuned in to that /seacomshout channel be reduced to 140, the Master Linkshell would delete 7 clones and house that 140 within 3 linkshells(the Master + 2 Clones). This would constantly be happening throughout the day, all seamlessly behind the scenes as players simply toggle their channels ON/OFF in-game. The Master Linkshells would be diligently cloning and deleting clones to constantly accommodate the number of tuned in players.
    •Deleting Clones
    If this idea takes even 1 inventory slot, then I don't like it. Other than that, it sounds great.

EDIT: lol @ how bad that post looks when quoted.
    (0)

Character
    Chamaan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Not going to change anything. People don't bazaar in Port, at least on Valefor. The flea market is all up in RuLude. It's just punishing players to alter behavior that won't be altered. We'll go into Lower to check AH then run back to Port to idle in front of the Abyssea NPCs. You really want people out of Port? Put Joachim in Upper Jeuno, same zone as the Wildcat teleport. Then people will hang out there instead of Port. Putting NPCs in starting cities did way more to get people out of Port Jeuno than Yell did.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Cerberus is a weird server I guess. Everybody hangs out in PJ, no one bazaars in ru'lude, or anywhere else in particular for that matter, and I have yet to have an issue with the lag. I would love it if they moved the abyssea NPCs closer to the wildcat guy, and had the warp from whitegate ---> jeuno guy drop you off closer to him as well. If they just made airships function like teleports, that would make things a lot smoother while were at it.
    (0)

Character
    Izzybella
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Sylph is bad also with all the mules in Port Jeuno. They don't even gather to the sides either...just any where they decide to stop the flow of traffic :/
    (0)

"I have wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to somebody's need made me blind, but I have never yet felt a tinge of regret for being a little too kind." ~~ anon

Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Due to the fact that Port Jeuno congestion has not been completely erased since the implementation of the /yell feature, we will be looking into the implementation of the below:
    • Re-installment of bazaar taxes
    • Temporary suspension of the auction house
      *Both are limited to Port Jeuno.
    We are aware that this will create some inconveniences, so we will be closely monitoring feedback on this and other aspects of the change.
    Just remove the ability to bazaar in jueno - period. Failing that make a heavy tax in all Jueno areas of 100%. That will make bazaar people HAVE to move. Another option is to enable the auto disconnect when in any jueno zone to 1 hour. This way you cant just afk all night as a bazaar or just afk to skim chat - you'll have to actually be at the computer at least once an hour.

The "fixes" listed to be implemented wont have any significant effect and in fact will just move the issue instead of removing it.

The main "crux" of the problem as I see it personally is people who are just afk. Remove them from the zone and the issue will be solved.
    (1)
    Last edited by Xellith; 10-27-2011 at 03:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Eleven Fajin boots!
    We did Voidwatch today and Eleven Fajin Boots dropped!! Yay! Thank you Square Enix Incorporated! The Three People that got them today were really happy

Hey, what about allocating more hardware resources to the servers hosting port jeuno, and increase the cap on players there? If that is possible with the current server setups anyway.
    (0)

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast