Allure, Merciless Matriarch, and Ultimate - Big name NM Enfeebles
    (0)

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Hmm all are very good but i'm not sure why AA for linkshell events? And by AA do you mean the Ace Angler atma or Aquatic Ardor? I'm assuming aquatic ardor and if thats the case i don't see the use for linkshell events, I would replace that with a set up like: Allure, either Merciless Matriarch or Minikin Monstrosity, and Ultimate. Another possible addition for LS events I would throw in there another refresh atma along side of MM or if i'm needed to help cure more so then anything else I might even use Rescuer and Harmony for more potent cures coupled with cure potentcy trial staff really adds a nice heal back up to whm.

I guess it's all situational but those are the ones i find myself using more often then any others.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Thizzerio View Post
    RR, MM, AA - for RDM/NIN
    Allure, MM, AA - For linkshell events
    Allure, Merciless Matriarch, and Ultimate - Big name NM Enfeebles
    I mostly disagree.

~ RR, MM, AA - for RDM/NIN
    Let's start with the lol one first. For RDM/NIN, I'd use RR GH Apoc. 7 MP/tick should be enough refresh. I'm not sure though as my goal for RDMing is to be an asset to my group, not a liability/wasted party slot.

~ Allure, MM, AA - For linkshell events
    I don't care for Apoc on my mages. I'm not lazy about carrying RR items or casting RR on myself whenever needed. I don't like Allure as the extra MP is unnecessary for me with a 21 MP/tick Refresh (MM + 7 MP/tick Refresh2 + 4 MP/tick idle gear). Besides, Undying gives 20 more MND, Conserve MP, and +20 Mab to Ice spells.

For general use, I infuse MM + Undying + Rescuer.

~ Allure, Merciless Matriarch, and Ultimate - Big name NM Enfeebles
    I wouldn't use two magic accuracy atmas as that's overkill in Abyssea. I will infuse Merciless Matriarch in place of Rescuer if I really really really need something to land, but I have not needed it yet. AF3+2 gear has a ton of magic accuracy on it.

~ Nuking RDM - MM Beyond Ultimate
    I'm sad that OP mentioned melee atmas but not nuking atmas. RDM is much much better suited for nuking. Whenever my LS/friends want to spend a few hours in a zone, I infuse these atmas and nuke the bejesus out of worms or ephemerals for 15 minutes or so. I know other RDMs can do better, but I easily nuke most worms/ephemerals/assorted trash mobs for over 3000 damage with Blizzard4.
    (0)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --