Character
    Koushiro
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90

"Physical Damage Taken" and pets

A while ago there was a patch for Atma of the Ducal Guard because Summoner avatars were able to reach -100% Physical Damage Taken and essentially become immune to physical attack. However I don't think this same fix was applied to Beastmaster and perhaps Puppetmaster as well. I've personally seen Beastmasters who are able to stack enough Physical Damage Taken- Atma and equipment have their pets begin taking 0 from every physical hit. While I'm unsure if this is intentional or not, it certainly 'feels' like an exploit. Essentially the pets can be completely invulnerable to certain NMs in Abyssea.

Platform:
    PC

ISP:
    Comcast

Type of Internet Connection:
    Cable

Internet Connection Speed:
    12Mbit

Date & Time:
    N/A - Game mechanic issue

Frequency:
    Always

Character Name:
    Koushiro

Race:
    TarutaruM

World:
    Valefor

Main Job:

Support Job:

Area and Coordinates:
    Abyssea

Party or Solo:
    Occurs Solo or in Party

NPC Name:
    None

Monster Name:
    Any monster relying mostly on physical attacks. For example: Awohondo

Steps:

1) Be a Beastmaster
    2) Go to Abyssea
    3) Apply "Atma of the Ducal Guard", "Atma of the Zenith" or others with Physical Damage Taken-
    4) Use equipment that also enhances Phsyical Damage Taken- on pets, such as fully upgraded Guichard's Axe, Anwig Salade with PDT- augment, etc. Enough equipment to reach 100% total when combined with Atma.
    5) Let pet HP fall below 50%.
    6) Notice your pet is invulnerable to physical damage.

This may also be possible on Puppetmaster, I don't know one with the correct equipment to try.
    (1)
    Last edited by Koushiro; 05-10-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Character
    Mewgoat
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    they all can still take magic damage, and DoT effects, and still perfectly possible to die, as i have watched these bst's pets get nuked and then ran up on and die
    (0)

Character
    Ubasti
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 5
    You probably saw a leech pet fighting a mob that deals blunt damage. Only a certain pet/mob combination allows something like that to happen, and even then any type of magic or DoT effect can wreck it. And no, Puppetmasters can't do anything of the kind.
    (0)

Character
    Koushiro
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    I witnessed it many times with my Beastmaster friend, who generally uses the Sheep or DipperYuly pet. For example he was able to kill Awahondo with his Sheep pet not even taking a single point of damage for the entire fight. I don't deny that it has a limited range of monsters it is very useful against. But I do believe it is a bug or at least an oversight when players are subject to a hard limit of 50% PDT-, and because they had an emergency fix to change the same issue for Summoner Avatars.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Ughh, non-BST complaining.
    (0)

Character
    Valmur
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    nvm not worth the temp ban. cry moar.
    (0)

Greetings Koushiro!

Thank you for taking the time to enter all the details! We will gladly forward your concern with the pets being able completely negate physical damage if certain buffs are stacked. Any updates will be posted within the forum as they become available!
    (0)