Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Character
    Kaht
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    #2 without a doubt - 12 sets vs. 3 sets, is there really any question?
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kaht View Post
    #2 without a doubt - 12 sets vs. 3 sets, is there really any question?
    You may have misunderstood.

One could argue that #2 offers the possibility to make 220 different sets sort of quickly. One thing I would really like to see, if they go with option #2, that they reduce the time it takes to pick an Atma from that list. If it's in the list of most used, we know what it does, no need to spam enter a few more times and then confirm again. Just pick one, stay in the same menu, pick second, stay in the same menu, pick third, close menu. Then I believe no one would argue against #2.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Treasurehider
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    1. Ability to voluntarily create up to 3 atma sets

Would it be possible to name the sets we make, either previous 12 or created 3?
    Like "Treasurehider's Less Failing Treasure Hunter Set" or "GM[Dave] was the best GM ever!"?
    (0)

Character
    Crystalweapon
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 96
    I'm fine with #2. Would be nice if it were programmed to not include duplicate sets. I.e. If I set up for thf then blm then blm then thf and finally drg in 5 different sessions, it would be nice to see blm, thf, drg sets saved rather than thf, blm, blm, thf, drg. If it doesn't differentiate from identical last used sets you're still dealing with a big list of alot of the same.
    (0)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NsnLfIAcs&feature=BF&list=PLB5F836BEB04E9DF1&index=8

Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    #2 Definitely
    (0)

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    I think it would help a lot to have a little more description of how the 2 options would actually work. Is the list of 12 all one page? Is the original menu broken up the way it is and because of memory limitations? And I'm guessing that the Status application wasn't done like sigil because there are so many combinations, are there technical reasons making that method an impossibility? As others pointed out the pages and being kicked out of the dialog after each atma selection are what really slow you down on that long list.
    (0)

What if we got to store 3 sets, each three sets would be for the job you were currently on. So if I entered on thf, made three sets, then went to whm, I'd be able to make three new sets on whm. Changing back to thf, I would get the three sets I previously created on thf.
    (2)

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    What if we got to store 3 sets, each three sets would be for the job you were currently on. So if I entered on thf, made three sets, then went to whm, I'd be able to make three new sets on whm. Changing back to thf, I would get the three sets I previously created on thf.
    Per job would be a huge improvement to option #1.
    (0)

Judging from both the tally of players who chose option #2, as well as taking all of your feedback into account, the development team has decided to go with option #2. Just to give you all a bit more insight into what the development team has planned:
    • Will add a feature that will remember the last 12 atmas used
    As mentioned above this seemed to be the popular choice and the development team decided to proceed with this option based on that. This will allow players to view a list of the 12 most recently used atmas, but please note that due to technical barriers it will not be possible to rearrange the order of this list.
    • The current feature to infuse yourself with the last atmas used will remain
    There were a few concerns about whether this would stay or not and we just wanted to inform you that we have no plans of removing this feature.
    • Separately looking into the possibility of adding a feature where you can maintain the use of two or three atmas without needing to talk to the Atma Infusionist.
    Though we can’t promise that this will happen just yet, we are trying our best to implement something along the lines of this.
    As always, moving forward with these changes if you have any suggestions or ideas that you feel strongly about please let us know and we will do our best to communicate them to the development team!
    (22)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Please PLEASE allow us to select the 3 atma's out of the list like we do at the sigil npc's in (S) nations, you want this? ok and this? and this? ok 300 crour! not this ok... *reclick* oh you want another?
    (8)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast