Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Wouldn't it be enough to just update EES to not becoming inferior to other WSes as the ranger levels up?

Also, maybe it should have 100% (or 99%) accuracy? Most other two-hours won't be wasted if one of your attacks misses. It seems unfair that ranger's two hour, which is a single, high damage shot, is still subject to the same accuracy cap as any of their other attacks

Alternatively, give it more hits as the ranger levels up. This could be part of "make it stronger than other WSes" I mentioned earlier. More hits will reduce the chances of a complete miss significantly.

Considering that ranger is obviously meant to be a damage dealer, and other DDs can now deal over 5000 damage per WS in abyssea, it wouldn't be unfair if EES could deal upwards of 7-8000 damage in there. I don't even have Ukko's on my war, but my RRs still occasionally reach 5000 damage. Why shouldn't rng be able to do more than that with their 2hour?
    (2)
    Last edited by Mirage; 05-10-2011 at 07:07 AM.

Ballistic Sagitta: Ranged attacks are shot instantly, each range attack causes a knockback effect on target.
    Recast Time: 2:00:00
    Duration: 0:00:30

*TP gain is reduced.
    *Range accuracy is reduced.
    *Range attack is reduced.
    *Range attacks cannot be interrupted upon moving.

[SIZE="5"]New Job Abilities[/SIZE]

Sniper Sight: Fire double the distance of the maxed range.
    Recast Time: 0:03:00
    Duration: 0:01:00

*Range delay is increased.
    *Range attacks are critical hit damage.
    *Range accuracy slightly increased.
    *Weapon skills can be fired double the distance of the maxed range with Sniper sight activated.

Salvage Hunt: Retrieve limited ammunition used on target.
    Recast Time: 0:03:00
    Duration: Instant

*Can only retrieve ammunition used after target is dead.
    *Can only retrieve ammunition from what was used in your inventory.
    *Ability must be used before fallen target disappears.
    *Limited amount of ammunition can be salvaged not what was completely used.
    (3)
    Last edited by Shadobi; 05-10-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Character
    Myrrhcat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkalinehoe View Post
    With NMs having higher HP 20-30k isn't that broken. Especially for a 2hr ability.

How do you see that as being a good idea? My arrows hit from like 200-600 dmg, times that by 99 and make it hate free. You think that's a reasonable two hour ability? Are you stoned?

Used in Abyssea. Let's say 600 dmg a shot. That's roughly 60k dmg. HATE FREE. Oh, I have a Revit, 120k dmg in a couple of seconds hate free.

Ya, nothing wrong with that.

Outside of Abyssea, let's say 400 dmg a shot. That's roughly 40k dmg, again, hate free. Oh, I have a Cor with me. 80k Dmg right there. Yep, not broken.

Man, why hasn't SE added this completely legit idea.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    How do you see that as being a good idea? My arrows hit from like 200-600 dmg, times that by 99 and make it hate free. You think that's a reasonable two hour ability? Are you stoned?

Used in Abyssea. Let's say 600 dmg a shot. That's roughly 60k dmg. HATE FREE. Oh, I have a Revit, 120k dmg in a couple of seconds hate free.

Ya, nothing wrong with that.

Outside of Abyssea, let's say 400 dmg a shot. That's roughly 40k dmg, again, hate free. Oh, I have a Cor with me. 80k Dmg right there. Yep, not broken.

Man, why hasn't SE added this completely legit idea.
    Cause you know, our current 2hr which deals 1/10 of a WAR's average non-2hr'd WS in abyssea is so totally not broken. Hey look, I can use sarcasm too.

Obviously there would be a need for adjustments, say an acc cap, aftermaths not affecting it, etc. Or even changing all of your current ammunition to 1/4, so the max possible is 25 in one shot. And besides, if you were a competent RNG you would be capping hate quickly via WS anyways. RNGs are DDs that have been strongly focused on spike damage much of the time (except for Holy Bolt builds which have become obsolete now).
    (3)

Character
    Muaj
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    what SE really need to do? they need to change 2hr to 1hr ability instead.
    (0)

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Eagle Eye's,
    Your AIM your target, increasing for 1 min your critical hit rate (+50%) and Ranged Attack (+50%) and bound you also for 60 secondes.

Rafale,
    Your Ranged Attack and ranged attack speed is increase by 50% for 60 seconds durations

Deadly Strike,
    Physical Attack that deal damage over time (poison) at 50TP/tick For 2 Minutes, if the target isn't dead at the end of the DoT the ammo in the target's body will explode dealing Massive Magicial Damage
    (0)

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Wouldn't it be enough to just update EES to not becoming inferior to other WSes as the ranger levels up?
    I agree. EES needs an update, not a replacement. Even making it a forced critical would be a nice addition in Abyssea, lol. I seriously hardly ever need to use EES, it's best use is as a claiming tool when Shadowbind/Bounty Shot aren't up...
    (0)
    Siren -- 99 THF / RNG / COR / BRD / BST / PLD / NIN / SCH / PUP
    [http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/6834-To-the-Devs-Character-Transfer-Service]
    Support this thread!

There are much worse 2hr abilities than Eagle Eye Shot. Yes, I would love if it had an update too, but people need to stop comparing every shitty two-hour ability to Hundred Fists and Mighty Strikes.
    (0)

And chainspell, and manafont, and spirit surge, and meikyo shisui, and even perfect dodge. RNG is a DD, their 2hour is supposed to deal a lot of damage, but it doesn't. Just because a few other 2hours aren't super good, doesn't mean rng's doesn't need a buff.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

Also, maybe it should have 100% (or 99%) accuracy? Most other two-hours won't be wasted if one of your attacks misses. It seems unfair that ranger's two hour, which is a single, high damage shot, is still subject to the same accuracy cap as any of their other attacks

100% agree. It doesn't need a new one, the idea that a rng's 2 hour does a burst of dmg makes a lot of sense. The problem is that burst doesn't scale, and it should. having it less than 100% makes it retarded as as well. Fix those two things and there shouldn't be any issue with EES.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast