Thread: My Pop My Mob

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

My Pop My Mob

It would nice if I could spawn a NM whenever I felt like it and not have to wait until the ??? Reappears because another player is fighting it or just fought it. Is this a PS2 limitation?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Akujima View Post
    [Removed by Moderator according to the FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM Guidelines.]
    Yaa umm.. How about "No?"

Just because the OP would like to have fighting elements to be more accessible to all players who wants a chance to fight doesn't mean the OP wants to just have a "win button".

How about "Less time sink elements" and more "Challenge Elements"?
    How about less "Waiting periods" and more "Fighting periods!"

I welcome this thread and I think its positive thinking for gamers who wana game and not waste time waiting around for nothing.
    (2)
    Last edited by Melodicya; 05-08-2011 at 08:21 PM.
    1. True Gamers plays to have fun.
    2. True Gamers don't play to waste time.
    3. True Gamers Aren't wasting time if they enjoy the contents they play while progressing.
    4. Gamers Love to see progression based on time/effort they put into challenges.
    5. Gamers plays for challenging Elements, and Wants more Enjoyable contents.
    6. Gamers don't play for Time Sink Elements, and Don't want A game to be a Chore!
    All Gamers Unite!

Also, It would be nice if SE considers changing the procing system... it really just limits the jobs that want to be able to enjoy content such as getting their seals from NMs to upgrade AF3 which i find fun to do.

Idk, I don't have an idea what they can do to change it, but I do know it needs to change since I always look for: NIN, BLM, BLU, and myself as WHM when going out for seals to get yellow procs. lol
    (0)
    3. True Gamers Aren't wasting time if they enjoy the contents they play while progressing.
    4. Gamers Love to see progression based on time/effort they put into challenges.
    6. Gamers don't play for Time Sink Elements, and Don't want A game to be a Chore!
    All Gamers Unite!

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlan View Post
    Yaa umm.. How about "No?"

Just because the OP would like to have fighting elements to be more accessible to all players who wants a chance to fight doesn't mean the OP wants to just have a "win button".

How about "Less time sink elements" and more "Challenge Elements"?
    How about less "Waiting periods" and more "Fighting periods!"

I welcome this thread and I think its positive thinking for gamers who wana game and not waste time waiting around for nothing.
    So. You don't want to travel to places? And explore?
    So. You don't want to communicate with other players in an MMO, because it takes too long to ask them nicely if you could be next in line?
    So. You don't want to wait for ANYTHING at all in game, even when it makes sense in an RPG?
    So. you want to have your own personal Airship and Teleports to exact pinpointed locations in each zone?
    So. You want "Less waiting, more Fighting"... I see...

Sounds like Call of Duty or First Person Shooters are your type of game.
    (1)
    Last edited by Akujima; 05-08-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    悪島 Where the spirit of the moon resides... 気 愛 月光

Character
    Thonuwan
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I agree that being able to pop mobs at will would be handy. However I think that a dozen of the same NM sitting in the same area would create problems. Then there's the fact that, even if it doesn't make sense that the same NM appears minutes after dying, it makes even less sense to me to see the two of the same thing.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Akujima View Post
    So. You don't want to travel to places? And explore?
    So. You don't want to communicate with other players in an MMO, and just say "outta my way! this is my NM to pop!!!"
    So. You don't want to wait for ANYTHING at all in game, even when it makes sense in an RPG?
    So. you want to have your own personal Airship and Teleports to exact pinpointed locations in each zone?
    So. You want "Less waiting, more Fighting"... I see...

Sounds like Call of Duty or First Person Shooters are your type of game.
    This is by far, the most ridicules reply I have ever gotten...
    This is an MMORPG game.
    You play it the way you like to play it.

I enjoy Exploring, but only when I feel like it.
    I enjoy communicating with other players, thats why I make my own Parties 97% of the time and get shit done.
    I enjoy RPG games, and let me tell you something, None of the RPG games I have ever played required you to wait inconveniently.
    I got all missions complete, including Abyssea zone bosses and Caturae.

And Let me tell you "WHY", because all the RPG games I have ever played where "Single players". And the Reason why I wanted to play an MMORP-"Game" is so I can enjoy RPG games with my friends Online and meet other people I can game with instead of having to always play Single player ones.

So as a "Gamer", it makes NO SENSE to have these inconvenience "time sink" elements in order to prevent gamers from gaming with their own friends the way they want to and when they want to.

I get on an MMORPG game so I can game with my friends in an RPG game doing story line missions, quests, lvling, farming, and upgrading gear etc..

I bought this game so I can enjoy it. And let me tell you something, this game is a lot more fun that it was back in 2006 when I started it. because More things are accessible now for all sorts of gamers than it was back then.

Now, I'm sure you enjoy the limitations you get and wasting time waiting while other players steal your "???" or claim your mobs, But I don't and neither do most gamers who just want to spend time progressing with their friends or LS mates.

I had issues with some players who actually Bot the "???" pop mark... They don't wish to take turns in poping NM.
    we even macroed our pop item trade. But Those botters are pretty darn impossible to beat at their rate of speed.

A system where gamers who has issues enjoying their game with their friends in an MMORPG world because of bad players who bot and don't wish to work together, can ruin the game experience for everyone.

btw,
    Off the record: I hate Call of Duty games... I prefer Halo or GoW.
    But that doesn't mean Call of Duty is bad.

Anyways, Like I said before: More challenges, Less Inconvenience Time sink = More fun.

Give us more places to explore and more things to do and more challenges to experience with friends, SE!
    But don't create a system where other players can ruin the experiences for others, because chances are, they will if they don't care.
    (2)
    All Gamers Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Thonuwan View Post
    I agree that being able to pop mobs at will would be handy. However I think that a dozen of the same NM sitting in the same area would create problems. Then there's the fact that, even if it doesn't make sense that the same NM appears minutes after dying, it makes even less sense to me to see the two of the same thing.
    I have to agree with you there.
    But we are playing an MMO after all.
    So something has to happen to satisfy people who want to game with their friend vs players who want to waste your time and bot mobs off you cause of this "Limitation".

But hey, I'm not a Developer nor am I an employee of SE, I'm just a gamer who wants to game online with friends on in MMORPG.

So I can't say I have a solution, but i can say where the problem lyes for me as a gamer, and what I think in my opinion might work.

After all, we are paying to play the game =)
    (1)
    All Gamers Unite!

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Just be glad of the fact that many people already got their emp weapons, so the demand for certain NMs will die down very soon.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    Just be glad of the fact that many people already got their emp weapons, so the demand for certain NMs will die down very soon.
    Unlikely. I already have a lvl 90 emp weapon and that isn't preventing me starting others. I doubt the demand will die down any at all because I know plenty of people like myself working on multiple emp weapons. If anything demand for emp weapons will steadily increase as the level cap goes up because the people who are currently not able to farm them will be more able as the farming process becomes easier.

This game really lacks relevant endgame content now so emp weapon farming is a nice way to spend time. It is possible that this new content will give the more endgame oriented people something new to do but I doubt it will completely eclipse the emp farming process.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazen View Post
    Unlikely. I already have a lvl 90 emp weapon and that isn't preventing me starting others. I doubt the demand will die down any at all because I know plenty of people like myself working on multiple emp weapons. If anything demand for emp weapons will steadily increase as the level cap goes up because the people who are currently not able to farm them will be more able as the farming process becomes easier.

This game really lacks relevant endgame content now so emp weapon farming is a nice way to spend time. It is possible that this new content will give the more endgame oriented people something new to do but I doubt it will completely eclipse the emp farming process.
    Has a Very good Point here.
    (1)
    All Gamers Unite!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast