Thread: New Enfeebles

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    Either way, if SE's afraid of zergs, they've got options. See: Glavoid or any annoying mob that'll likely be stun immune and have phases of absorption.
    This is my point about the overpowered argument. There's always a way to design a mob so whatever is considered overpowered just won't work. Of course this puts us in the same boat as "Any enfeebles that matter are useless on any mob that matters"

Yeah I didn't think about chainspell either. But honestly - and I know it's going to sound like a giant cop out - but I have to admit I wouldn't really care. My personal hope for 91-99 as is far away from the 2006 Fafhogg tankathons as possible. They were fun in their day, but I see these last levels like those hours I put into FFIII US in 1994, beyond where the clock stopped recording at 99:59. Everyone was level 99 and I mowed down everything with Merton and 4 flame shields. I wouldn't have wanted to do this at any point along the trek to 99 but boy was it fun for a little while at the end.

At some point I'm hoping SE can salvage something out of the XIV wreckage. If they do I'd like to spend my last days in XI not worrying about balance and abuses, and just spamming Meteor, Ultima, Reviviscence, and a ridiculously overpowered enfeeble. I'd still like a bit of strategy and uniqueness though.

Along those lines, give SCH Merton and a short lasting Firestorm II that absorbs fire damage and I'd cry.
    (0)

I thought 2006 was the ninjathon when Plds were lol at the time.

Either way I'm not saying make the game where every party needs a Pld, but an alliance of 18 DDs killing Kirin in under 1 min isn't necessarily the way to go either. There is some balacing point between them and I think the best thing they can do is create content that favors low man ability, but at the same time doesn't FORCE you to use certain jobs like the abyssea proc system. It's certainly good that there's a system in place to prevent flat out zerging a monster down, but the abyssea proc system could use some work. Really, I bet a lot of people would hate to hear this but the game would probably be better of with battlefields that cap you at 3-6 people as opposed to NMs that allow 18 unless they have a really good system to prevent the 18 from just flat out obliterating it.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    I thought 2006 was the ninjathon when Plds were lol at the time.
    I was referencing the long, drawn out battles more so than the popular tank. My point is I've had my fill of it. Personally I'd be happy to fill my last days as RDM being a Discord whore in zerg parties. It's just where I am right now.

Actually, I do like a bit of balance and variety. The proc system provides it perfectly for me. Coordinate spells and WSs for a bit, then pop Discord and fiinish it. Add a few higher tier HNMs that are immune. Or better, reflect Discord back at you. I'd skip those ones, though.

To me Abyssea actually already allows low man content that doesn't force you to use certain jobs. In every era there have been perceived required jobs for almost everything. But when you think about it the requirements aren't really requirements, they're just facilitators, and it's really just people turning "easier and faster" into "required". I was staggered how fast I was able to get everything I cared about out of Abyssea with a small LS and shout groups. Staggered. I don't expect balance to come to the point where every possible combination of jobs can succeed as fast as any other. There's something enjoyable about the In Vogue Today concept to me.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Addle is about the only thing that you said that was true in that.

I shall also add anything actually potentially a challenge resists, low level NM's are not worth mentioning.
    You can slow/para almost everything up to and including 1st echelon trophy NMs and caturae.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355
    Just because you can't land your spells doesn't mean the mobs resist them.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    You can slow/para almost everything up to and including 1st echelon trophy NMs and caturae.
    Did you really just quote yourself... tragic!
    (1)

I believe the point needed to be stressed: Suck less.
    (0)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Merged enfeebles 'Can I have it?' Paralyze + Slow = Paralow
    (0)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    I believe the point needed to be stressed: Suck less.
    Capped skill, high magic accuracy and enfeebling gear.. Point you made... invalid!

Still so very tragic.
    (0)

Character
    Taminye
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 70
    heh I'd say screw refresh 2 (at 76 ) lest at the curent lvl we needed Refresh 2 like at 60-65 ALONG TIME AGO. , why not make that one @ Refresh 3 Refresh 2 should be at 60-65 ish really.

As well making some the BLM Enfebles useable by RDM , IE burn choke rasp etc without a blm sub.

as well as adding more enfebling skills like Paralyze III or some as sugjested , as well as Enlight/Endark to our Enspells much sooner than pld or dark...

Making Dynamis WS questable after finishing the wepon , or doing a trial and Learning them for use on Any wepon...

as a RDM I dont like being compleatly a back line job, all the time. but i'd say Phalanx needs to drop more 700-1.2 million gill Redicouluios since pld can now use it. In fact some the BCNM spells should start droping in Abssea and BLM Anchient magic it would ease the 1-2 million price tag down just a touch. some rare spells should drop in thier with simulary rarity as reg nm's. but since its were the majority of ppl EXP , its made some those spells rarer.

but i'd agree RDM could use SLow III etc or some more merits , or rasing the merit caps on jobs. as well as more enfebling sooner than latter.

The Enspells 2 are a niceity howbout Enthunder III etc , Endark 2 Enlight 2 & 3 , or being able to stack mutiple En-spells

Enthunder 3 En-Paralyze En-Gravity En-Slow En-snare (slow bind % random Stun effect though breifer than reg stun.) EN-ETC , Etc, etc for some wepon damage and keeping enfebles on target

that way we can meele too. as well since back line job religation adding STAFF to RDM wepons would be a plus along with Hand to hand . ablities . RDM with a staff offten a sitting duck at times despite decent H2h without a sub to uses WS like thf or mnk or war also sitting duck.

Sleepga sleepga 2 BLM fodder adding the ability to use em might be good Posinga 2 blm/rdm usable.

BIO IV DIA IV merits @ say 85 or 90 . or adding merit effects to Enspells who knows.
    "
    just being a backline job with a nice shiny sword sitting pretty , "Sleepga 5000" <me>
    My Mithran's Taminye's claws will start groiwng into her paws from lack of enimies to dig them into....

As well if were going to be the mana battery for healing then give us refresh 3 and a single & AOE mana sacrifice 50% mp push to target. or split over aoe depending on needs. if our mp regeneration is high enough sacking 50% wont be a big deal.

IE Starlight/ Moonlight effect to parties WHM , or AoE to casters in party . with Refresh 3 proly could do refuling parties mp so we can finaly fight too.

if backline we need cure 5/6 thogh /growl.....
    (0)
    Last edited by Necrose99; 05-10-2011 at 05:35 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    mob was 10 levels lower
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    I'm not sure you realize just how broken that would be lol.
    hi2u Impact. It's -20% attributes, and this is way more than 10 levels.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast