Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Shop

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    Heres the difference between me and you. I am introducing an idea from the perspective of whats good for the majority and you are responding with "it's no problem for me i just craft what i need." i find your response self-centered and your insults distasteful.

Personally, I have 0 problems with gil. It's incredibly ignorant to call me lazy because i would rather spend 4 hours making 2-4 mil doing exciting things that actually feel like playing the game, instead of 4 hours of boring farming and crafting for insuffecient supplies and or chump change. But there are a LOT of bstmasters who lack the gil to blow on some of the more outrageously priced jugs. And not everyone wants to have to craft all there stuff or be beholden to crafters for their everyday JOB ABILITY needs.

But we can even ignore the crafting part. There is other points to focus on. For instance, some of the pet supplies are never even for sale ever. Mole broths and the 99 stack pet foods are difficult to find for sale on the AH. ur answer is "just go craft them!" but as i said b4 not everyone enjoys crafting.
    Being understocked is incredibly disruptive to playtime for non-crafters.

and lastly, again its only FAIR. Every job has an NPC. Except beastmaster.

P.S. Just because someone doesnt find crafting fun, doesnt mean they are lazy, or should lose all their money, or should go without valuable items needed to play their job. Ive seriously had more fun playing facebook games than i have had crafting.

So cause crafting isn't fun we should have a shop that sells the stuff. Because farming mats takes time that we would rather spend doing other stuff we should have a shop for this? Because i'm a beastmaster and can't cook my own jugs or pet food we should have a shop for this? How about my hands get tired of holding a controller to play the game can we auto pilot mode please.

Seriously, I leveled my cooking to support my BST. If BST's can't find a way to get the jugs and food they need I say they aren't trying hard enough. Yes farming for mats to make your supplies sucks but guess what, that's part of the game.

In a sense your logic would apply to this situation. Hey SE, i hate running around farming my popsets to fight NM's to build my empyrean weapons, can we just have a shop so i can buy the Briarus helms, the Carabosse gems, the Glavoid shells, the Chloris buds, etc.

So as you can tell Pet Shop idea is a big X imo. Don't like the supply of BST items available on your AH on your server? find ways to combat it even if its farming your mats and having people craft for you even though you rather be doign something else. Goes back to the old saying "life's not easy"
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I'm sorry to see an argument about this become personal. I think a pet shop could be made to work. On the other hand there is a clear impact of having vs not having one on crafter vs consumers. Sometimes you are both, sometimes not.

It could work, but I don't see a need. I hope you 2 can discuss the issues and forgive for the personal insults that have been made. We have more in common that different here.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

@Superchicken, i listed several reasons for the pet shop. But some of them were based on opinion. Maybe that was a mistake on my part. So let me just Focus on the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Superchicken View Post
    Yes farming for mats to make your supplies sucks but guess what, that's part of the game.

..... even if its farming your mats and having people craft for you even though you rather be doign something else.
    A Beastmaster must do these things you suggest to get its pet food or end up spending a large sum of money.

A puppetmaster Buys his automaton oil +2 from Gavrie (and NPC) for 6k a stack(12). He does not need to spend a large sum of money or do anything extemporaneous. He is also never at risk of his pet healing item being OUT of STOCK.

There are other examples of NPC stores but i feel this one most closely shows the unfairness present.

So having made this point, I ask you this question.

Why is it fair and natural for a beastmaster to have farm materials and craft his supplies or have them crafted or spend large sums of money to buy them from players, WHEN a puppetmaster does not EVER need to do these things to fuel his very similar pet healing Job ability?

P.S. thank you for keeping your argument civil instead of riddled with insults. And also thank you Xilk for your attempt to keep the peace and your keen observation of the crafter Vs consumer nature of this conflict.
    (0)

Player
    the only way a pet shop would be somewhat OK is if they did what they have already done and offer only a couple jugs from NPC. For instance, the fuguarfamiliar jug sold from npc in kazham. To me that is fine, but having a shop that offers all jugpets and/or all pet food would not work, would hurt the crafters.

Lets look at pup as you state. yes you can buy the oil from npc, and yes you can buy SOME of the attachments from npc, but other attachments you either have to farm yourself from Ashu Talif fights, or go farm off Trolls etc. or you pay what people want for them on the ah.

And it seems you lean your argument now about farming supplies for pet food. Well this ain't even bad for pet food eta now since they changed the recipe to be made with Buffalo meat now. I dont now about your server buy my server always has exp parties at Bluffalo camp in Abyssea Uleg. so for those who don't want to farm on their own there is always meat on ah, and Apkallu eggs easily farmed in Abyssea Mis.

So like i said if SE wanted to throw one of the newer jugs on an NPC for sale that would be OK, but if all of BST's needs were offered from an NPC they would catch a huge earful from all the cooks, i know i would be mad if they did this. Selling pet food and jugs is a good income that many cooks take advantage of, having an npc regulate the prices on this would be fail.
    (1)

you cant compare Automaton attachments to pet food or jugs. They are 2 different things.
    This topic is about "consumable items" these are items that fuel job abilities and must be replenished.
    Spell scrolls, Automaton attachments, Blue spells. These are all things that you obtain once. They are not consumable items and therefore have no bearing on this topic.

Your entire argument against this idea can be boiled down into one statement.

"No, I am against this idea as i currently exploit the current system to make gil for myself."

And personally, i am fine with your stance against this idea. That is your 2 cents. You like lining your pockets with gil and why wouldnt you.

I just dont see that as a good reason to stand in the way of fairness and change. And that is my 2 cents. And my reason for starting this topic.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gotterdammerung; 03-14-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Please consider a well-stocked NPC pet shop. Every other job with expensive consumables now has a NPC that sells their tools. This helps to regulate the price from greedy crafters and also helps to make sure a player is never screwed due to low stock. Right now i spend insane amounts of gil weekly to stay stocked. And sometimes i go to restock and theres none for sale. That is terribly disruptive for me, especially if it happens on my petshell event night.

Also, on a side note, I have always thought it would be neat to have a beastmaster AF quest line which upon completion would reward a beastmaster with a choice of a personalized pet from a list of more rare types of monsters. Ex. Kraken, opo-opo, hex eye, ect.
    Because it's impossible to go out and farm materials to make your own jug pets right?

If you are a crafter then Obviously u wont like this idea. You make money of the Monopoly u hold on pet prices. Doesnt change that monopolies are bad for the economy.
    This isn't a monopoly. You really should understand what that word really means before you throw it out there.
    (0)
    Last edited by SNK; 03-14-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Character
    Judge
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    there are pet foods being sold from Chocobo stables. Funguarfamiliar from kazham. a few of the newer pets scattered around at other reasonable shops might not be a terrible idea. Everyone uses yuluyulyyuly sheepsheepsheepsheep. but what about monster correlations?

i would be fine to pay 2k per pet from a random NPC to make sure i had a special pet for a special NM my LS was fighting. being higher priced than a crafted stack is still acceptable when there hasnt been stack of the pet up for weeks, maybe i would like to chuck a diremite at a plantoid or something similar and there are none for sale. hours or farming for a rare use pet is a waste of time when you have short notice or run out of pets during an important timeframe. nothing to say about being lazy since majority of the pets on AH arent being crafted by anyone.

The Shop/Shops could be guild style. only a few sold each game day. and then increased price per demand. when none have been bought the price goes down. or ppl vendor their pets and drive the price down slowly because of high supply.
    (0)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    It's because people are having a hardon about Dipper is why all this major bitching is happening. It's a good pet for farming NMs or drops but I'd rather use my sheep for crap where I'm not giving a rat's ass about anything other then damage.

All I see is nothing but lazy from this guy because he's unwilling to go out and do the work most everyone else has done. And calling crafters greedy is beyond stupid. A lot of crafters sunk a lot of gil & time into leveling their crafts so they should indeed be rewarded for their time spent.

If you came about and called a Goldsmither a greedy bastard because he's charging a lot of gil for his synths then I promise you everyone would think you stupid because of it.
    (0)

@SNK
    A lot of time and money? for cooking? You sure? I got my cooking to 60 in 2 days and actually made 100k off of it. I really dont see that as "a lot of time and money." I dont really see how you can compare a cook to a goldsmith considering one of them takes no time at all and actually ends up profiting you while u lvl it and the other takes months and costs millions to lvl.

You are ignoring the facts i have presented. Instead you focus on attacking the opinions i have stated as well as insulting me.

But hey, in the end its the dev team im talking to and not you. I think they will respond to clear and concise suggestions over petty insults and selfish intentions.
    (0)

Player
    you got your cooking to 60 in two days grats, but we are talking about the 100+ cookers here. And of course i want to make gil off my craft its why i spent gil/time/effort leveling it. Your logic would go along with saying the same like hey lets put all weapons and armor in shops too because i can't find x armor cause none are up on the ah so i should be able to buy from npc. You really need to think about what you are asking here. Is it fair to the crafters to have their items they make to supply themselves with gil all buyable from npcs? i think not. I'm a main ranger and have to buy my arrows off ah, you don't hear me saying that i should be able to buy my arrows from npc's. Its part of the game bro. So either make your own stuff, if you can't farm your own mats (regardless of how time consumable it is, i mean think about it, all FFXI is a time sink no matter what you do so by now should be use to it), find someone who can craft for you (and if its someone you find through shouting i hope you tip them), or find another job to play. This game is coming to the point where everyone wants everything so easy (want easy there's always WoW). the "hey SE i can't do this or this takes too much time, so you should make it easier for me" complaints are becoming more and more.

So yes would i be upset if npcs sold my stuff i craft of course. Does it make me rich selling jugs and food no, but it does keep my daily expenses of arrows ninja tools etc more at bay. Like I said, when a ranger complains about arrow prices or availability on the ah the common response is "level woodworking and make your own" same goes here. What your asking is for SE to tailor to you because you don't like the conditions set but you can solve the problem yourself your just not willing to because it takes time to do and takes you away from the other things you'd rather be doing in game.

"I wish my bills paid themselves, but guess what I have to go to work to make money so i can pay my bills."

I'm not trying to sound like a whatever you want to call me, but think about what you are asking SE to do to help YOU, and then think about who suffers from this. You said i don't want this cause it will hurt my pocket as a crafter but you are asking SE to do something cause right now it would hurt YOUR way the time you spend in game. Calling me selfish in a way seems what you are asking is the same thing. Pot calling the kettle black here.

Oh and as i say i play ranger alot an arrows were expensive so know what i did, i leveled woodworking on a mule so i can support my job. When the level increases came and the new antlion arrows and ruszor arrows came into the game I didnt want to mess with crafting them myself so guess what i did, i found a buddy who can make them so i farm mats he makes. If i don't feel like farming i deal with ah prices, if none on ah i deal with not having them. It's life, everything can't be handed to us in a way that better suits us.
    (0)
    Last edited by Superchicken; 03-14-2011 at 09:13 AM. Reason: adding to

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast