Character
    Teakwood
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90

Vana'diel March suggestion

Kind of a silly, pointless little thing, but... I was going through my FFXI soundtracks the other day, and I happened upon Vana'diel March #3 (the CoP-era one), and I got an absolutely massive nostalgia hit from it. I'd played the game from NA release but I only really got into it at around the end of the CoP era, and hearing that Vana'diel March set off a lot of good memories of being relatively new to the game. It got me thinking, and then I went and listened to all of the Vana'diel March themes, and then...

...wondered why we don't hear them anymore? They're really excellent login screen / march themes, and it seems a shame that they're not really in use. I think it would be awesome if, upon login, it'd randomly select one of the five themes to play, since it's been so long since we've got a new login music to listen to, and we're -probably- not going to get another one, unless there's a boxed expansion coming for late 2011 or early 2012 or something like that that we don't know about.

There are a lot of players who never logged in to the earlier Vana'diel marches, and a lot of players who -have- and would probably get a smile from hearing one of the old familiar tunes playing upon login. I don't know how hard this would be to program in, but I think it might be a fun little modification to remind everyone of the game's history.

Thanks for reading!
    (2)

Actually, it does still play . If you just wait till the newest "march" is done, an earlier march will start playing.

However, I would also have liked a shuffle mode, but it's not really that important for me.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Actually, it does still play . If you just wait till the newest "march" is done, an earlier march will start playing.

However, I would also have liked a shuffle mode, but it's not really that important for me.
    And that's also usually a clue that you have spent too much time in the lobby server and are about to get bounced.
    (1)

I actually never get bounced no matter how long i stay there . The only time i get thrown out is if i stay too long at the "accept user agreement" screen. After that i've been sitting at char select for like several hours without problems. I sometimes use it to stop buffs from wearing if i'm far out in the field and need to go somewhere.
    (0)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    To my knowledge when the wotg march finishes, it reverts to the original march. It's never been anything different for me.

I agree, I sometimes listen to the other marches for nostalgia's sake.
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

After reading this I thought to myself "wait what? at some point the log in music has changed?" So then I went to youtube and searched for the different marches, and I have to admit, I never noticed, but then I've always avoided logging out ever and just left my ps2/pc/360/new pc on forever.
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Firebert
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Slightly off topic, but I forget what the CoP and ToAU login screens sound like.
    (0)
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...