Welcome to Forum: Technical Support!

The purpose of this forum is to provide a place for FINAL FANTASY XI users to discuss technical issues with each other and to find a quick resolution to issues they are experiencing. There may be instances where Square Enix will provide information and introduce knowledgebase articles.

Please carefully read and adhere to the following rules and FINAL FANTASY XI Forum Guidelines(North America/UK) before posting.

General Forum Rules:
    Please refer to the following thread: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/67

Rules on Technical Support:
    • This forum is for discussion on technical issues. Other themes such as game discussion should be done in the appropriate forums.
    • Please submit bug reports by posting in the Bug Report Forum.
    • Only new threads related to your own issues may be created.
    • Since direct support will be required for the following types of issue, please contact us through the Square Enix Support Center.
      North America: http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=20&la=1
      UK: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/main.php?id=455&la=2
    • Issues regarding faulty products which require direct support or product exchange. (Example: Registration code is invalid, damaged disc, etc.)
    • Issues regarding the registration information of a Square Enix Account that requires individual investigation and restoration. (Example: Compromised account)
    (1)

Format on Technical Support Request:
    When you create a new thread, please use the following template and try to include as much detail as possible.

Thread Title:
    Short outline explaining what sort of issue you are experiencing.

Details:
    Full description on the issue the you are experiencing.
    *Try to give as much detail as possible, including what you were doing prior to the issue that occurred.

Steps:
    Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.

Date & Time:
    Date and time on when the issue occurred. Please make sure to state the time zone of your region. (Example: Pacific Time = PST/PDT)

Frequency:
    State how frequent the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
    1. Always
    2. Just once
    3. Under certain conditions
    *In the case of option3, please also include the specific details on the condition.

Platform:
    Specify which platform was in use to play the game.(PC, “PlayStation2”, and/or Xbox 360)

PC Manufacturer & Model Number:
    Name of the manufacturer and the model number of the PC you use to play the game.
    *If the PC you use is homebuilt, please state “Homebuilt Computer”.

Operating System:
    Specify which OS was in use. (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7)

Graphics Card:
    Specify the model of graphics card in use.

ISP:
    Name of ISP you use to connect to the Internet.

Type of Internet Connection:
    Specify the type of internet connection. (dial-up, DSL, CATV, Optic Fiber, Other)

*In case you cannot post all of the information in a single post due to character limitations, please make multiple posts.
    (1)

Example:
    Thread Title: Get disconnected from the server during the login to the game.

Details:
    Ever since I experienced a game crash on Feb. 5th, 2011 at around 20:30 EST, I am unable to log in to FINAL FANTASY XI. Every time I try to log in, I receive a “FFXI-3001 No response from server.” error about 3 minutes after I make an attempt. I have tried resetting my cable modem and router but that didn’t help. I have even tried reinstalling the driver for the NIC but that didn’t help either.

Steps:
    1. Experienced a game crash while playing FINAL FANTASY XI.
    2. Attempted to log back in immediately after the game crash by restarting the game.
    3. Received the following error about 3 minutes after I attempted to log in.
      ==============================
      FFXI-3001
      No response from server.
      Connection timed out.
      Press OK to shut down.
      ==============================
    4. Gave 3 tries but the result was the same.
    5. After restarting both cable modem and router, made another attempt to log back in to the game but the result was the same.
    6. Reinstalled the driver of the NIC on my PC but still, the result was the same.
    Date & Time: Feb. 5th, 2011 at around 20:40 EST
    Frequency: Always
    Platform: PC
    PC Manufacturer & Model Number: Homebuilt Computer
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
    ISP: Optimum Online
    Type of Internet Connection: CATV

*Please note that this is an EXAMPLE only and is not an actual support contact.
    (1)

Template:

Details:
    Steps:
    <*Add more steps if necessary.>
    Date & Time:
    Frequency:
    Platform:
    PC Manufacturer & Model Number:
    Graphics Card:
    ISP:
    Type of Internet Connection: