Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98

Rapid shot poll

Just a quick poll...

How many of you are ok with ditching some sylvaan parts or breaking full gear bonus?

I ask because i see nice rapid shots and often but i rather wear relic feet/r.att back if i can get my hands on them but at the same time the af3 boots/sylvaan back can save lives and sometime i gotta ws in them -_-. everything seems situational but we are missing quite the r.att we used to have and so i wanted to see how many others feel about this.

Whenever i ws i feel that impending doom that lurks on fights that drag out so deciding between lower dmg/faster ws and slower ws/more damage is like picking my poison.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fyreus; 05-01-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    IMO Rapid Shot has such a low proc rate that it's not really worth gearing for. So breaking the set bonus is not going to hurt your dmg.
    (0)

In what way are we missing RATT with the Sylvan attire set? Skadi gave you 26 RATT (most of that in the hands) and Sylvan +2 gives you 25 RATT as well as 7 to Archery and Marksmanship skill which further adds RATT. Relic +1 gave you +12 RATT.

You don't have to wear the Sylvan back piece to get the set bonus. So feel free to wear Amemet +1, its still a nice piece.

I'm all for wearing relic feet if you are using archery and Skadi hands or S.Kote if you are using Gun. I don't think the rapid shot loss will outdo the gains from more RATT in those situations.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Set bonus is a nice bonus, but it's just that. I wouldn't say it's worth gearing for.
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    the parts i was thinking about swapping to were archers jupon (i have a trap on my other char), relic feet, and chesma's back mantle. There are some days where i want to put third eye to work and there are other days where hitting without much hate feels just right.

there are times where critting for 700+ on a rapid shot feels likei snuck a rr thf in there for a second
    (0)
    Last edited by Fyreus; 05-03-2011 at 02:39 AM.

the effects of either are probably marginal if you are only switching 1/2 pieces. On the topic of rapid shot though does anybody have a solid grasp on how it actually works? Based on experience and no testing it seems to work like conserve mp for delay. sometimes my shots go off instantly, sometimes twice as fast or just a bit faster but never a consistent speed.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

I'd still use AF3 body for the Velocity shot boost. Though it could be worth swapping out feet for Relic. I currently use Relic+1.

Don't forget when you swap out both +2s you're also loosing 13 -Enmity as well (12 if you have relic+1 feet)
    (0)

Character
    Thetruemonkey
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Rapid Shot works just like Quick Magic. It's a percentage chance for a Ranged Attack to occur with 0 Delay and 0 Reload ("Recast").

In regards to gearing for it, I personally do not. I gear for max DPS. Having this augment to Rapid Shot is just an added bonus, and to start having it kick in you only need at least 2 of the +2 pieces equiped. I still have like all of the Artifact set macroed in for the various job abilities.
    (0)