Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    I drop 90% of the quested seals i get. Rebalancing seal drops so that a more uniform ratio of seals drop does not make it any easier for me to get af3+1.

If SE is so adamantly against limiting quested seal drops to ones the player can use, they should at least consider changing it so that it drops more seals for the jobs that are popular on that server. There's no reason seals should drop as frequently for a job that few people have over 50 as one that many people have at 90.

If seals are really meant to be useful to only 1 job, for 1 item slot, then they need to know that most of the seals we're getting are trash. Rebalancing the trash isn't making it easier players.
    (0)

Character
    Katoplepa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    there are some quests that aren't hard to do, but only long and time wasting : I'm doin' "let there be light" in Uleguerand, I have only to travel from A to B to C point, then exit and re-entering... 10 minutes per run, with movement speed atma... and I don't see never the seals I need (body for nin, smn), I asked a Jp who is doin' the same quest and he spent 40 traversers stone to get 12 nin, 9 smn, 8 mnk, 4 others... 40 stones... /em shakes his head.

the solution maybe is : you do the quest, you have the same chance to obtain a seal you have now, but when you "win" the chance to get a seal, the NPC says "you win a seal: what seal you want?" so you choose between the seal you can get from that quest... in this way, maybe you have to repeat the quest many times (like now) but when it's the time you can have the seal, at least you can pick up the one you need... you will spend a lot of stones anyway, but at least you are sure you don't have to toss away useless seals and you don't waste your time...
    (0)

one thing that really bugged me was when I was running a quest on SMN for the last of my SMN seals while wearing the AF feet that was logged with the magian moogle and obviously needing the seals for that piece...I wouldn't get a seal for SMN, but something like BRD or BLU. Um...Hello... don't you see I'm on SMN and I'm wearing the @#$@#$ boots? /rage.

Raist
    (0)

Bastokan to the core (Currently San d'orian)
    Character
    Ceicel
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    This is just an idea I was playing around with one day randomly but, (forgive me if I'm not entirely clear, I'm somewhat bad at getting my point across at times) considering how rare it is to attain a specific seal from a quest, along with the odds, and the imbalance in completing the quest's, what if there was a seal conversion npc possibly where:

You have 3 seals for Job A, so you trade them to the npc, and get 1 seal for job B of your choice, within the restrictions of it being the same slot (feet for feet, legs for legs, etc etc)

Also thought, if you had say possibly, 5 head seal's for job B, but already had the head, and wanted legs, you could then convert them into 1 leg seal for job B. Now this may be a tad too much, but its something I'd thought I'd toss out there.

Values for A to B were just slightly random number's I came up with to attempt to keep in line with the balancing of questing for seal's vs's killing NM's to maintain the balance of NM's still maintaining the fastest way to obtain the seal's for AF3+1.

Thoughts and criticism (negative as well) welcome, and again, I apologize if it is not entirely clear what I'm trying to get across.
    (0)

Character
    Effilil
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    I like the idea of an NPC that can convert seals for you, and they could set it up so that it's like battle trophies for keeping it "in the job" (2 feet per head ect.) and having to trade multiple seals to get a different job seal in the same armor slot wouldn't really be all that bad a trade off, especially if you get to the point where you only need a few seals to complete the +1 (which most of mine are at currently)
    there are alot of items that are ex that are tradable to NPCs (such as beastman/kindred seals) so it really wouldn't be gamebreaking and would be one way to make it easier to obtain the seals we want, even as we get the seals we don't
    (0)
    Windhurst for life!

smn 90 / whm 90 / blu 90
    blm drg and bst on the way up there

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Effilil View Post
    I like the idea of an NPC that can convert seals for you, and they could set it up so that it's like battle trophies for keeping it "in the job" (2 feet per head ect.) and having to trade multiple seals to get a different job seal in the same armor slot wouldn't really be all that bad a trade off, especially if you get to the point where you only need a few seals to complete the +1 (which most of mine are at currently)
    there are alot of items that are ex that are tradable to NPCs (such as beastman/kindred seals) so it really wouldn't be gamebreaking and would be one way to make it easier to obtain the seals we want, even as we get the seals we don't
    What would make more sense if they would just give us quest for the specific seal that we want instead getting a bunch of random seals. But of course that would be to easy and SE doesn't want that.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The easiest fastest solution would be SE to create a code where NPC will look at your 75 jobs and award the seals based on those jobs. So effectively you are getting seals you can use for your jobs at lvl 75+, the only downside is that if you already max the seals on that one particular jobs and keep getting the same seals over and over, but that is better than getting seals you cannot use
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2