Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Well i don't remember seeing it when I did it (But it was a long time ago at this point), so it's w/e. Then fine, put it in.

And sure, chaos would be obnoxious too. but it's chaos. And ultimately one is considered an avatar and the other is not or has not explicitly been stated to be. And I'd argue Chaos is subjectively cooler looking.
    The entire friggen COP storyline and PSO'XJA as a zone, stop being so stupid, use the WIKIs.
    (0)
    "Hold still while I seduce you! {Charm} '-')/ ~~~~<3 =^-^="

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Actually OPs idea of a bubble lingering after the mega flare seems really cool and we haven't had something like that before. Or would GEO complain? lol
    I think you can even get away with a Phoenix GEO aftermath ability like AOE regen: like it summons, explodes in a firey blaze, disappears and leaves behind this like: zone of phoenix dust for 3-5 min. maybe regain/regen/refresh halo? small but with 1/tic
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordache
    Go finish your story missions.
    I did. When they came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordache View Post
    stop being so stupid
    You know, you don't need to be a jerk.

I'm just going of my memory, which when it comes to the story is... not a lot. that was all over a decade ago. I do remember, however, why you're on my ignore list, so thanks for reminding me about that.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-25-2024 at 02:25 AM.

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm just going of my memory, which when it comes to the story is... not a lot. that was all over a decade ago. I do remember, however, why you're on my ignore list, so thanks for reminding me about that.
    Haha, come on man, you call yourself a summoner? That's your cultural heritage there, you should at least be able to remember the terrestrial avatars and Windurst's whole... thing.

Seriously though "Bahamut is a terrestrial avatar" is a really weird fact because, like, it's something that you sort of just know if you've got good retention for the CoP storyline, but it seriously is hard to find dialogue that actually explicitly spells it out. I could see losing that line of the cutscene to linkshell chatter and just not catching it. It's not like, say, "summoning magic is a bad idea" which is roughly half of every Windurst storyline so there's no way to miss it without just not interacting with that content at all.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Seriously though "Bahamut is a terrestrial avatar" is a really weird fact because, like, it's something that you sort of just know if you've got good retention for the CoP storyline
    I mean I guess it is indirectly established by the overarching story, but I'm trying to find the dialogue where it is explicitly stated (Chaos was explicitly stated in the RoV story to be a terrestrial avatar- That's fresh in my mind because I only did it recently). I started with the missions which Bahamut is a direct part of which didn't turn anything up, now looking through other missions where they may be mentioned.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-25-2024 at 10:46 AM.

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I mean I guess it is indirectly established by the overarching story, but I'm trying to find the dialogue where it is explicitly stated (Chaos was explicitly stated in the RoV story to be a terrestrial avatar- That's fresh in my mind because I only did it recently). I started with the missions which Bahamut is a direct part of which didn't turn anything up, now looking through other missions where they may be mentioned.
    I don't know if there's another point earlier or later in the storyline, but I did already give you one mission and the relevant dialogue from it - Darkness Named, where Tenzen discusses the terrestrial avatars and how none of them have been willing to help so far.

Sorry if you missed that since I had to add it in an edit after the fact, having done the very same searching myself.
    (2)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Agree with the OP, but a bit off topic......Always wondered what the deal with those Unicorns were. They look exactly like Avatars, don't they? The blur supernatural aura effect.

Anyway, Bahamut is past due.
    (1)
    If SMN gets bit by their Fenrir, would they become a werewolf?

Player
    I did. When they came out.

You know, you don't need to be a jerk.

I'm on eveyrone's ignore list because I'm right, AND also not wrong.

Also the carbuncle story line at the stone pillar in La Theine: Walking the Beast is important canonically.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jordache; 06-27-2024 at 04:16 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordache View Post
    I'm on eveyrone's ignore list because I'm right, AND also not wrong.

Also the carbuncle story line at the stone pillar in La Theine: Walking the Beast is important canonically.
    Believe what you want. People aren't ignoring you because of your opinions, they're ignoring you because you have a bad attitude.
    (0)

Player
    Believe what you want. People aren't ignoring you because of your opinions, they're ignoring you because you have a bad attitude.
    It's hard to have a good attitude towards you when I know better.

Ah, and see there's your two-fold mistake: 1) It's an ebullient attitude, sought on correcting mistakes and or preventing failures, and 2) You think I care about people [you], I don't care about you [people]. People like you try to openly castrate something you don't have the capacity to read or understand properly, thereby making yourself out to be something better than you're not: this happens ALL the time in isolated social groups like LSs and online social forums/discords. The next thing (action in this process because it is actually a well known and studied process) is your butthurtness in your rebuttals and replies. You don't like it because it is a fast and open and erudite and truthful dialogue and you are none of those things, quite the opposite. Your next actions will be something like posting a reply that tries to garner social support for yourself like, you: "hey guys let's not listen to him anymore because he's different than the adipose hypnosis I've been rotting in." Instead of going to look at the Carbuncle quest story information that was graciously pointed out to you by: yours truly.

You should care about what makes people happy, or what tools people use, but never the people themselves: they're all independent actors operating under their own independent actions, you get sucked into that horrible Black Cloud caring about people in the amorphous, undefined sense b/c you're socially parasitic, you need people like a tick needs a host. It's the petty LS ownership observed when interacting with botting LS owners, or from Twitch hosts and their chat people: what's driving this is the fact that they're all trapped in the same thought patterns, cultivating the same robotic and dependent tendencies while everything around them rots.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jordache; 06-28-2024 at 12:20 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast