Aubinann
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Dihlyte View Post
    This is very promising.

Especially if they deliver.

Because of this news, I have a sliver of hope that not only SE is listening, but also stills cares about their games, fans, and legacy.

If they do bring in “Fantasias” and the other changes mentioned, I will be more than glad to stay subbed to FFXI, and consider looking into their other games again.

Thank you Square-Enix.
    This post encapsulates how I feel about this too! So thankful to see positive developments for this game!
    (2)
    For Vana'diel!

Character
    Jkap
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm very very happy about the race change, excited to change to a tarutaru
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't want to change race but i may want to change head.
    (0)

Player
    I am going to voice opposition:

I am happy with myself. I am not going to change my race or appearance, that is what extra characters are for, but then again, I use my own name.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordache View Post
    I am going to voice opposition:

I am happy with myself. I am not going to change my race or appearance, that is what extra characters are for, but then again, I use my own name.
    Generally speaking, in the past I've spoken against this idea because I believe the game was designed from the beginning to encourage users to make careful decisions- not being able to change (or easily change at least) your character and name theoretically pushed players to put a lot more thought into their characters (and in many cases, I think it likely has). That said, even considering this opinion, 20 years is a long time particularly if you made selections you've grown to regret. I've also supported being able to at least change your hair (head) selection if not race since well, barbers are a thing and many games have this- in FFXIV, hair (and face paint) can be changed freely even though full recustomization requires a purchasable fantasia.

Though in an ideal world, unlocking hairstyle changes would hopefully mean more options to choose from.
    (1)

Character
    Bobbinthrdbare
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I want hrothgar carried over here & change to that. XD
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My selection of Galka in XI was based on it being the least human-like race, and I am a hroth in FFXIV now for the same reason.
    (0)

Character
    Aubinann
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Generally speaking, in the past I've spoken against this idea because I believe the game was designed from the beginning to encourage users to make careful decisions- not being able to change (or easily change at least) your character and name theoretically pushed players to put a lot more thought into their characters (and in many cases, I think it likely has). That said, even considering this opinion, 20 years is a long time particularly if you made selections you've grown to regret. I've also supported being able to at least change your hair (head) selection if not race since well, barbers are a thing and many games have this- in FFXIV, hair (and face paint) can be changed freely even though full recustomization requires a purchasable fantasia.

Though in an ideal world, unlocking hairstyle changes would hopefully mean more options to choose from.
    Yeah, I’ve had the same concerns. I’d probably fully support a once per year paid option to change race
    (0)

Character
    Aubinann
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingAvatar View Post
    Yeah, I’ve had the same concerns. I’d probably fully support a once per year paid option to change race
    Message got truncated: it also said:
    “I expect a lot of people wouldn’t like that though!
    (0)

Character
    Bobbinthrdbare
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Unless the base engine got an overhaul as to accommodate extra feats, don't expect any radical additions. Even FF14 actually starts to reach this limitation as well, for example with transitions between 5.x to 6.0 for armoire storage, promising extra slots, what they did instead is deleting belt category (in which personally still wish to have them got glamour displayed back from 1.x days) & then reallocate them into the rest of armoire categories, hence seemingly have them expanded slots. Also with old jobs having new skills, but what they did instead is trimming old redundant skills &/or combined them either into unified skill or tiered-upgraded skills as jobs got level ups.

Honestly, the upcoming-promised race changes didn't really excite me as much since the option would be as is per base game, highly doubt they will add new ones.

In short: PS2 engine limitations, deal with it. /kekw
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast